Difference between LSRP & GTAW.

Empire

Basically,

GTA:World has good features - even if some of them are scripted poorly. GTA:World has a horrible monetization strategy which prioritizes monetary gain. Think of that what you will, but both communities have high standards of roleplay which is great. I would argue that the standard of roleplay on GTA:World is higher than it was on LS:RP not by much. I would argue that LS:RP did alot of things better - and wasn't as PC as GTA:World is currently, which takes away from the immersive experience of the server. It's almost as if you get punished for having an illegal character here which is upsetting. I have found admins tend to favor legal RPers more than Illegal RPers which is physically painful. I hope this server changes for the better in the future - it has taken steps in the right direction but it is quite obviously not there yet.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, CertifiedKiller said:

It's almost as if you get punished for having an illegal character here which is upsetting. I have found admins tend to favor legal RPers more than Illegal RPers which is physically painful.

Can't say I agree with this, if anything the majority of admins are illegal RPers and favor illegal roleplay over legal.

I can understand illegal RP feeling a little shallow if you rely solely on the script which only has you pushing drugs and guns but anyone worth their salt knows there's A LOT to be doing as an illegal RPer, the possibilities are borderline endless when you're doing that whole roleplay thing. 

34 minutes ago, CertifiedKiller said:

I would argue that LS:RP did alot of things better - and wasn't as PC as GTA:World is currently, which takes away from the immersive experience of the server.

Mind elaborating on this? I don't understand considering GTAW is very lax on what it lets slide.

26 minutes ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

Can't say I agree with this, if anything the majority of admins are illegal RPers and favor illegal roleplay over legal.

I can understand illegal RP feeling a little shallow if you rely solely on the script which only has you pushing drugs and guns but anyone worth their salt knows there's A LOT to be doing as an illegal RPer, the possibilities are borderline endless when you're doing that whole roleplay thing. 

Mind elaborating on this? I don't understand considering GTAW is very lax on what it lets slide.

I'm just echoing the voices of people I've roleplayed with. Some think that the server is too restrictive in terms of what they want to roleplay like - if they want to roleplay and develop someone as a meth cook they should be able to without having to be restricted by IFM or be forced to join a faction.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, CertifiedKiller said:

Basically,

GTA:World has good features - even if some of them are scripted poorly. GTA:World has a horrible monetization strategy which prioritizes monetary gain. Think of that what you will, but both communities have high standards of roleplay which is great. I would argue that the standard of roleplay on GTA:World is higher than it was on LS:RP not by much. I would argue that LS:RP did alot of things better - and wasn't as PC as GTA:World is currently, which takes away from the immersive experience of the server. It's almost as if you get punished for having an illegal character here which is upsetting. I have found admins tend to favor legal RPers more than Illegal RPers which is physically painful. I hope this server changes for the better in the future - it has taken steps in the right direction but it is quite obviously not there yet.

I agree. The server favors civilian RP. LSRP had civilian rp but it wasn't the main priority of the server. I enjoyed it that way,

The comparison isn't a fair one given the two different platforms and that the two have hit their peaks (assuming GTAW did) in different "eras".

GTAW obviously has the better platform and script, LSRP on its best day however had the better role players/quality overall. This isn't the fault of GTAW or its staff/ownership. It's merely a matter of the community. Most of old school role players that grew up with pen and paper and DND are now grown up and done. This you can say for the most part is a rather new generation.

LSRP didn't have pay to win features, GTAW does (BUSINESS BLIP). GTAW however enjoys more active development and you can get cool stuff quicker.

Edited by SCANDALOUZ

So from what I've noticed, illegal roleplay is lacking. Majority of good gang rpers coming from LSRP.

But, on the other side, the server does have a lot of legal rp going on, which is nice to see. You have shops that open up and people rp at, parties, businesses going on, etc etc. It's not a bad thing at all. Of course that comes with the plague of a lot of esexers but you can't have win em all.

Scripts are good, updates are coming in regularly, owner is active, seen some questionable admin verdicts around, so that needs to be worked on, LSSD focuses on bringing quality LEO roleplay to the server which is a boon, active playerbase. 

House market is fucked, people hoard houses like it's gold, so that's meh. 

Could make countless statements as such. The server is not perfect but it's what we have. And it can keep improving, so I'm looking forward to that

4 hours ago, lambchops said:

at leaat you don't need to open 96 webpages and summon beelzebub to handle a server application on gta world

I will say this: I've noticed that there are a lot of applications on the server, whether it is to start a gang faction, apply for a gun license, or get a business. 

4 hours ago, Aquila said:

I will say this: I've noticed that there are a lot of applications on the server, whether it is to start a gang faction, apply for a gun license, or get a business. 

I wish, at the least, they were all linked to this forum or kept on just one, and all had actual forms to fill in, instead of a copy paste format. This consistency would help a lot and look much cleaner.

12 minutes ago, shaobadman said:

I wish, at the least, they were all linked to this forum or kept on just one, and all had actual forms to fill in, instead of a copy paste format. This consistency would help a lot and look much cleaner.

I agree with you there. It is quite tedious to have to sign up to various different forums and sites for each little thing.

On NGG, there were actual forms on the forums, that are absolutely foolproof — I saw that it was impossible to mess up the format because you'd just input data, press tab, move onto the next one. However, for law enforcement factions, you need to follow the format and some honest and common mistakes could penalise you from being accepted.

I believe that the firearm license forms (yet another website) work like actual forms instead of copy-pasting a format. It would've been easier if all the government-based factions were on one forum with different sections, because that would make things a lot cleaner and easier to manage. Plus, I wouldn't have to save 15 different passwords on my web browser, and instead might have to only keep 3-5 instead.