Difference between LSRP & GTAW.

Empire

1 minute ago, deathlife23 said:

i have a question, did anyone ever ask nervous to make a dating site? because honestly it's just a waste of money. instead of hosting a brand new website, fix facebrowser, it's fucking unusable

Not that the Dating site is, only reason they made it is to try and get more people to spend their GTAW Points. Anyway you look at it, hosting is expensive, server has to earn somehow. Yes, it's not favorable towards people who do not pay. But lets not forget you can play for free here, only prerequisite is owning a legitimate copy of GTA V and that's not the servers' requirement either, it's the game mode.

The way GTAW hosting is done is not like your typical Minecraft server where you go to a random host company get a host with UCP and that's it. GTAW has literate servers they(Nervous) manage on their own with their own systems and things in place. Those type of hostings are not cheap, not to mention the Anti DDoS solutions.

I had about 800 hours with LSRP.

The administrators in LSRP wasn't really there for the players, they haven't made fun and I really felt like I shouldn't RP next to an administrator because he might kick my ass for some silly shit. In this community I fell much more 'love' and effort from every admin. Just as yesterday, I did my way back to Los Santos when I ran over a management lead administrator accidently. Instead of throwing me to ban's hell, we laughed about it and I managed to ask him a few questions (He even repaired my damaged car), yet I feel like the same situation could end up different for my administrative record at LSRP.  

The script is pretty much hard to rate because it's a different engine but I do see a huge effort coming from GTA:W's development team + Sever owner who's actually answering PMs whenever someone asks him any question, it might take a day or two but he WILL answer.

LSRP had a few good admins, some of them around here too, but Legit Habibi honest trailer speaks to itself. 

If someone should answer this post, as I see it, is Carry Saunders and Natasha Valentine. 

56 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

Originally LSRP was bought by MOW and it was managed by DamianC until he was kicked and things took over by Mmartin, who allowed things to go downhill fast.

I'm well aware, that's my point. MOW was never very hands with the community unlike Nervous is with GTA World. 

My experience with LSRP is  that it was great until 2016 approximately. I loved the team, I loved the community, I had great roleplay there.

I still strongly believe that when it comes to quality, we've overall became way better than the 2012-2016 era of LSRP. LSRP had great roleplay quality in small faction bubbles, but most of the other players were playing with standards that wouldn't be accepted here nowadays (me included, my own standards have constantly evolved since 2017).

I've played 11 years on LSRP and most of the stuff I have experienced wouldn't ever be accepted here anymore, from faction conflicts to character developments. Not even talking about Pizzastack & co. But I think we all grew together, we all improved and also became older in general, so it's normal. I keep extremely positive memories about my time on LSRP, I was just super disappointed in the 2016+ management team with Surreal & co where I was basicly treated like shit (same for everyone else if you were a regular player I guess).

As of today, I guess we can consider LSRP dead in its current state. There are great admins remaining, I do believe Ben is doing his best, but the SAMP is dying very quick and we won't see it much around anymore in a few months. 2 years ago it was still a dream for us to catch up on LSRP's playerbase, now it's just a ghost of what it used to be, living in our memories.

• Upvote 4
  • Applaud 2

I have been playing on LS-RP for many years, pretty much grew up playing on that server.

First thing I have noticed after moving to GTA World was the amount of updates. Two large updates on LS-RP per year was equal to a miracle.

Legal side of the server is much better on GTA World including the legal faction structure and characters. Way less emotionless LEO members.

As for the illegal side of things. LS-RP was better. And it has nothing to do with the scripts or the way factions become official. I am guessing it was the standard and I hope GTA World is going to get to that point as well because I see a few illegal factions on this server which have higher standard than the rest.

Having played on LSRP on-and-off from around 2011 to late 2020 before deciding to move on, I'd definitely say the staff team and especially the owner is much more responsive here. During the recent troubles with the updates, outfits, and modded cars the constant updates kept everyone in the loop and I never felt like I didn't know what was going on which is a very good thing. Updates are pretty frequent, and new features are close enough behind. LSRP was very fun, of course, or it wouldn't have dragged me back in every couple years, but I find the updated medium makes it easier to improve and add new things.

I have been a member of LSRP since 2011 and a member of their staff team for +3 years and I gotta mention the illegal role play and community was bigger and in some terms better. Out of my own 6 months experience here on World the majority is legal and focused on ERP do not get me wrong there is nothing wrong with it but in terms of illegal role play the community is not as big as it was on LSRP. LSRP was mainly focused on Illegal RP and herr on World the primary focus is on Civilian RP. I do love to visit a club to see it packed with 90+ people and not everyone with gang affiliations or a mafia member that ends up in a shooting/dispute within seconds. The dating site on World is a bit too much in my opinion but after all this is a role play server and in RL they also exist so why not here? The constant updates and involvement of management with the community is also a big up, it is something LSRP lacked for many years and it basically became a money hub for the owner. No denying that as it is the truth, developers did what they can but were mostly around for the money and usually came back from other communities if they collapsed to be seen as gods to bring a few weird updates that did not benefit the server at all. I had a lot of fun days especially the early days in specific RP scenario’s that would obviously be a no go in the current state of RP but for some reason it was accepted on SAMP. M4’s + armor and 20 people roaming through LS in a PK war with other factions was pretty normal there and I gotta admit I was apart of it aswell during some wars. It was how it was done on the server and im glad it does not happen here with exception of the last CK war here that involved 7-10 factions. To end the post yes, LSRP was fun and all of that but in terms of development and community involvement im glad I am playing here currently with Nervous been involved with regular players and the development and suggestions being made by players. I have also experienced myself it is OK to PM a member of Management with specific questions and you actually do get a response from them. Myself as head of FM had to wait weeks for a response from Mmartin that involved something important for the server, after the departure of Surreal, Jakey n co he was there for a few weeks to make  sure LSRP will survive but eventually vanished as quick as he came, which in my

opinion is a no go.

• Upvote 1
14 hours ago, Stanty said:

First thing I have noticed after moving to GTA World was the amount of updates. Two large updates on LS-RP per year was equal to a miracle.

The 10 year anniversary updates that were introduced were a joke, road-block script and that's it as I recall. So yes, the moment DemianC & Collins were booted off, server took a turn for the worse.

5 minutes ago, Bellagio said:

Out of my own 6 months experience here on World the majority is legal and focused on ERP do not get me wrong there is nothing wrong with it but in terms of illegal role play the community is not as big as it was on LSRP.

Recently rules changed and Rule 19 is a thing, so things that were not addressed on LSRP where weird people ERP'd with Minors is not going to happen here. Moreover, it is strongly frowned upon if that's all you do here. There are a few players who had administrative action taken against them for such behavior.