Add rock, paper, scissors as new chance determination

Naru

Unnecessary for reasons already mentioned, and already possible for other situations:

I think the existing command /roll already offers everything you will ever need, you can agree on a chance and possible disadvantage, for example, when playing sports, I've used a characters height in centimeters as the limit of my own roll, while another character was taller and stronger, and thus could roll higher. Just be creative and don't use RNG when you can roleplay and respond.

On 8/1/2021 at 10:27 PM, SpeedyJeffy said:

/flipcoin does the job for that, if it lands on heads its success and tails is failed

The probability of outcomes in RPS is one in three, or thirty three percent. Every outcome in life has a fifty percent probability, either it happens or it doesn't. I believe /flipcoin satisfies most altercations where probability to achieve an outcome is presented. There are nine possible outcomes for RPS, whereas there are two if done by /flipcoin. 

Once player choice is introduced into the mix, it creates a great hassle for strategic playing and script dependency. Not to mention an awkwardness if it ends up being a draw  (Again, a thirty three percent chance of this happening). If players agree to pursue multiple rounds such as 'best out of three or five', then players can bet against a Nash Equilibrium, which again, brings a lot more trouble and potential for rigging than needed.

Flipcoin and Roll works just fine. Good suggestion, though, I can see your reasoning behind it.

Edited by Geo.