Calendar event cost reduction (30 WP)

Short description:

Reduce the cost of creating a calendar event. Currently, it costs 30 WP, which is too expensive.

It should be reduced, preferably to a value below 10 WP. Alternatives to WP can also be considered.

Detailed description:

As of today, the calendar situated in the /ads menu sits empty. Entirely. Unless I am doing something wrong, I cannot see a single scheduled event for the foreseeable future. Not this month, not this year, not next year. This means something is wrong with the system. In my judgement, it is the costs of setting up a single calendar event that are prohibitive. 30 WP sits somewhere between €1,50 and €3 depending on how you purchase your WP. 

I understand that there needs to be some barrier to placing these events to avoid the calendar being flooded with advertisement events, but as it sits now, it has gone too far in that direction. I might also add that this also doesn't generate any income, when no one uses this feature.

The solution to me would be to experiment with lowering the event price dramatically. This can be done by reducing the WP required directly, to, for example, 5 WP. Alternatively, but perhaps this should only be considered when the above fails, it could be changed to in game currency costs. This opens up a different set of issues, benefits and problems alike. 

Commands to add:

None

Items to add:

None

How would your suggestion improve the server?

Revive a feature that is now left mostly unused.

Additional information:

7BO2Vge.png

v2MXpNC.png

Edited by mj2002
  • Upvote 2
  • mj2002 changed the title to Calendar event cost reduction (30 WP)

I could have predicted this is not gonna be used (and certainly did mention it somewhere).

The cost-profit-relation just doesn't hold: It would be fine if a pre-set calendar date gave one a map-marker for the day, but that's not the case, you're still forced to use /blip or /bad, so I for my part would rather buy platinum (or gold) right away instead to spend wp on a method that is effectively useless.

It's nice design, don't get me wrong, but it's useless to advertise events or businesses as it doesn't reach/attract any additional audience, as no one checks up this calendar- and in return the paywall ensures it won't establish itself as point of contact to see what events happen where as it's a too obscure promotion method to be widely used.

I don't see a reason why IC item costs WP's. The calendar is currently complete unused but event's team, people should be able to spread the word more easily, 

speaking of taking WP to place an event at the calendar - again, it's unused as I know due to lack of advertisements over this page.

+1  I think reduced to 5 or 10 WP would help a lot, as well as giving businesses a free one for a monthly event.  It might be a good idea to also allow Gov factions to post community events for free, so that people can see the calendar in action.

It's way easier for us to set a higher price to check the balance than a low price and increase it later. Everyone is happy if we decrease it, but everyone is unhappy if we  increase it. I fully agree that the feature isn't used much, and I do also believe that right now a 10 WP price instead of 30 WP shouldn't flood it and could be a good balance.

Giving each business owners even 1 event isn't really feasible at the moment, we have hundreds of them and it would massively flood the calendar.

Accepted for 10 WP price change.

• Upvote 2