How the Hell do towtrucks and mechanics work?

So I bought a large towtruck, and I figured out how to tow vehicles by raising and lowering the winch.  I also see I can press 'X' in it to flip or fix a car, but can we not use it to mod or upgrade cars?  The reason I'm asking is I see people making calls on the mechanic line all the time, and sometimes mentioned paintjobs or upgrading/tuning, etc?

If you're a freelance mechanic (or want to be anyways), how and where do you work on peoples cars if you're not attached to a business garage?

Tow trucks are for towing, fixing, and flipping if it’s bugged or something but you cannot use it or RP modding a vehicle with it.

Mechanic hotlines are usually answered by mechanics working at a garage because it’s either asking for modifications or an accident or something related.

Hope this answers your question!

3 minutes ago, Hendrixx20 said:

Tow trucks are for towing, fixing, and flipping if it’s bugged or something but you cannot use it or RP modding a vehicle with it.

Mechanic hotlines are usually answered by mechanics working at a garage because it’s either asking for modifications or an accident or something related.

Hope this answers your question!

ahhh well damn.  Thanks for the info.  Quick follow up: I assume you can't work on your own cars in your home garage either right?  Assuming you have a home garage that is.

Hello,

The two comments above answered the primary question. If you have any further questions on how do tow trucks and mechanics work, do not hesitate to use this section or reach out to me via messages. Locked and Archived.

Thank you very much,
dawpi 

• dawpi locked this topic