To run or not to run?

useless

I'd say yes, especially since most of the deaths caused by firearms are happening instantly and caused by the bullets themselves, but rather by the bleeding caused by the damage done by said bullets. So even if you would have damages to internal organs that are incompatible with life, you could still survive temporarily and potentially running away.

11 hours ago, Kenshi Haroku said:

Realistically, it's perfectly possible to run whilst being shot. Even if you're hit in a vital area. You're not going to make it far, but it's possible. 

I've personally seen someone get shot 3 times, two straight to the lung & one in the lower gut, and still able to run down the street and around the corner. 

Adrenaline is one hell of a drug.

Depends entirely on the person, some collapse right then and there, others have the fortitude to do as outlined above. Personally I have no issue with people who don't rp it in the moment itself, nor do I hold it against people. But I do roleplay them the second the adrenaline would start to wear off, and the pain sets in. 

Adrenaline is hell of a drug, known incidents where people did superhuman feats under the influence of it.

I think it is fine to run out of immediate danger. If you continue running for several minutes, I'd say it's powergaming. Roleplay needs to have a bit of nuance when it interacts with the game engine we're using as our platform.

On 7/30/2021 at 5:43 PM, Nervous said:

Yes, running is fine. People with broken legs or an important amount of GSW IRL can still run with the adrenaline, BUT it is very short. You're not expected to be running for 10 minutes, nor to be evading / driving a vehicle like a pro driver.

image.thumb.png.9ea49585cefdd9a16a1cb109c09112f3.png

I'm confused rn 😕 so can we run or not? Pretty sure riding a bike takes less effort than running...

2 hours ago, useless said:

I'm confused rn 😕 so can we run or not? Pretty sure riding a bike takes less effort than running...

Running for a bit while wounded is fine, but that's not what happened in that particular report. Chloe Soriana tanked several repeated shots (more than two) to her body in quick succession, and displayed literally no roleplay at all during her attempt to flee. 

It's fine if you get hit in the head, as that can be a graze. A grazing of the neck is a bit more dangerous, but as long as you aren't physically exerting yourself, there's not as much of a worry of you accidentally ripping open a vital artery (typically at the side of the neck, which is why even a graze can be REALLY bad.) A shot to the torso is distinctly good reason to run, as the trauma will usually leave you incapable of fighting, and moving is definitely a plus.

...but absorbing several shots and biking around as if nothing happened? Not happening. It's fine if it's one hit, two at most. If you're hit a third time, either roleplay going down or find yourself rightfully in the report section.

Edited by DasFroggy
  • Upvote 1
5 hours ago, useless said:

That's when a man is riding a bike. Much more challenging to ride a bike, when being shot at than to run. Person would more than likely go off balance and crash.

9 minutes ago, DLimit said:

That's when a man is riding a bike. Much more challenging to ride a bike, when being shot at than to run. Person would more than likely go off balance and crash.

The reported party also took hits to not one, but both legs. A centermass impact in the general vicinity of the shoulder is enough to make your arm as useful as a wet noodle; a direct hit would straight up render it nigh impossible to use.

Think of it as being worse than trying to run with both of your ankles sprained. That's arguably the best possible outcome, as the next trunner up is getting your femoral artery nicked, allowing for blood loss that is indestinguishable from pouring out a gallon of water by holding it upside down.

There's bullet wounds you can, and even should be encouraged to run from. Miss Chloe sustained very different wounds.

• Upvote 1

Run if you can and as long as it's not senseless. The above example, she got shot while on a bike, I'm sure you'd fall over at least. I'd love to say sit down and roleplay your injuries, but you'll rarely find any shooter roleplaying it with you. He'll just continue taking shots at you while you type your /me limps away. 

So as long as it's not too over the top, imo, run and then roleplay your injuries properly. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic