To run or not to run?

useless

2 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

Honestly I thought I could get ahead of it, but when I offered to teach some fellow long-term car borrower enthusiasts a foolproof means to cheat anti-theft countermeasures and get ahold of some top shelf wheels, one of them so much as told me to shove it and demanded that the rules of the server be changed to make it easier for them.

So, now I stay in my lane and typically only pipe up here and there when realism is mentioned.

As someone else put it, this is a problem we're making for ourselves. Every time someone pulls a trigger, they don't think about how many times their intended target or surrounding witnesses have seen the attempt of lethal force against a bystander or even their own corporeal form in the path week, days, or even mere hours. They just pull the trigger and assume it's that one time and done for everyone involved.

So what happens when the guy that's been shot three times in the past week, decides being in the hospital isn't worth it? He's seen muggers shoot him in the leg for not having any valuables before, and he's seen thugs gun down folks that so much as tried to hand over their valuables, as the thugs put it, "too fast". He's seen gangbangers pepper a man running for his life, waltz up and pop a finisher between the poor dude's eyes.

Every gunshot is like listening to a favorite song that one extra time. Do it too much, and it loses the oomf. The favorite song starts to stop being your favorite, and the promises of a happy ending if you play nice when a gun is involved stop being trustworthy.

TLDR: Stop shooting so much, and people will stop running/fighting so much.

Maybe if people had more obvious things to do, there wouldn’t be so many people relying on robberies. 

1 minute ago, eTaylor said:

Maybe if people had more obvious things to do, there wouldn’t be so many people relying on robberies. 

You're not wrong, there's little "obvious" crime that doesn't need an imaginative and clever approach to it that one can do other than robbing people, and I understand why armed robberies are the base for many people, but there's also a basic problem in my humble opinion with some illegal RPers that base their entire existence and personality around crime (in the same way that many cops base their character entirely around their duty hours and many civilians base it around hopping from club to club with the same crowd talking about cars and penthouses).

I spend a lot of my free time around South Central, mostly with simple civilian characters that aren't actively involved with crime (and are mostly there to compliment the criminals there for neighborhood RP) and there's a segment of the population that engages with my characters and can't help themselves from constantly talking about how they're selling whatever drug or how they just shot a guy somewhere. They'll say this to a 60 year old stranger IC as a sort of casual conversation and it really speaks to how some people portray criminals. Some people need to expand into RPing other aspects of life other than organizing a robbery and then just going to their house to talk about how they just robbed a dude, and maybe that'll bring some inspiration into criminal experiences that aren't the same hit you've mastered with your other 3 friends.

14 minutes ago, Koko said:

You're not wrong, there's little "obvious" crime that doesn't need an imaginative and clever approach to it that one can do other than robbing people, and I understand why armed robberies are the base for many people, but there's also a basic problem in my humble opinion with some illegal RPers that base their entire existence and personality around crime (in the same way that many cops base their character entirely around their duty hours and many civilians base it around hopping from club to club with the same crowd talking about cars and penthouses).

I spend a lot of my free time around South Central, mostly with simple civilian characters that aren't actively involved with crime (and are mostly there to compliment the criminals there for neighborhood RP) and there's a segment of the population that engages with my characters and can't help themselves from constantly talking about how they're selling whatever drug or how they just shot a guy somewhere. They'll say this to a 60 year old stranger IC as a sort of casual conversation and it really speaks to how some people portray criminals. Some people need to expand into RPing other aspects of life other than organizing a robbery and then just going to their house to talk about how they just robbed a dude, and maybe that'll bring some inspiration into criminal experiences that aren't the same hit you've mastered with your other 3 friends.

It’s pretty simple and obvious is you think about it, but as @i dont wanna od in LA pointed out it’s probably better left for yet another thread about *drum roll* (il)legal roleplay! 

1 hour ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

How you people already managed to derail a thread about roleplaying injuries into legal v illegal again is beyond me. 

"Why is it whenever we talk about teeth falling out or the sickness ravaging the town, you guys always start rambling about that leaky nuclear reactor at the center of town?"

It's a symptom of a larger problem that people want to discuss, and until it can be discussed without being closed early or spammed with "crai mor" emotes, it's eventually going to work it's way back in.

But, if you want to ignore the core issue in favor of addressing the symptoms, alright.

"To run or not to run" is just fancy wrapping paper around the more ugly reality - to win or roleplay. People like to believe it's possible to do both, but as evident with the discussion here, one eventually becomes a bigger priority over the other. Which is being fostered, and which is being punished? Are you releasing people that run away for  roleplay reasons and strictly targeting the people who are running away just to win, or are you attempting to kill both with equal resolve?

Edited by DasFroggy
  • Applaud 2
12 hours ago, Seanny said:

Did the headshot get you script wounded? You're dead, period.

Otherwise you can RP it as a graze.

You can generally run away if being shot at but you're expected to roleplay your injuries.

I've seen people simply wrapping a bandage over their GSW's, followed by /changechar and then go back to their business. Please for the love of god, don't do this. You'd need to go to hospital in real life and thus I'd expect you to do so in-game too.

I wish it were like that but not everyone follow /damages properly, I've seen someone get shot, 3 headshots, highly unlikely to survive that type of injury, even if you do, your face would most likely be disfigured and would require tens if not hundreds of surgeries to fix to a presentable state.

5 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

I wish it were like that but not everyone follow /damages properly, I've seen someone get shot, 3 headshots, highly unlikely to survive that type of injury, even if you do, your face would most likely be disfigured and would require tens if not hundreds of surgeries to fix to a presentable state.

I guess the question is, were they downed by those headshots? 

Realistically, it's perfectly possible to run whilst being shot. Even if you're hit in a vital area. You're not going to make it far, but it's possible. 

I've personally seen someone get shot 3 times, two straight to the lung & one in the lower gut, and still able to run down the street and around the corner. 

Adrenaline is one hell of a drug.

Depends entirely on the person, some collapse right then and there, others have the fortitude to do as outlined above. Personally I have no issue with people who don't rp it in the moment itself, nor do I hold it against people. But I do roleplay them the second the adrenaline would start to wear off, and the pain sets in. 

Edited by Kenshi Haroku
  • Wuhtah locked this topic