To run or not to run?

useless

6 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

I think it also heavily depends on how the situation is roleplayed i.e. in real life not every fight with usage of knives means you're stabbed, there's also slash wounds (which are de facto more common than just poking somebody with a knife in their chest) so I don't think it's unreasonable not to roleplay every single hit with a knife as a stab wound despite it being the only animation that gta5 has.

I agree with you there. Personally if someone has RPed it well and emotes stabbing me, I'll comply. Obviously if they'd rather script fight and slash then yeah it makes sense to retaliate, most likely running. All depends on the situation as you stated.

1. We have a bleeding system, but you can bleed endlessly without dying script-wise. I think bleeding must make people take damage periodically (increasingly over time too) to make sure they go to medical RP in order to have their bleeding stop from gunshots, if they make it that far alive. This has to change in my opinion. 

2. I’ve seen yesterday a security worker who had three gun shots wounds, one of which in his neck, and he was talking just fine in order to powergame surviving and getting help. It is becoming pathetic. Most people do not roleplay gun shot wounds properly, and most people who witness all this violence in the server powergame passively as well, having no psychological traumas or general fear after seeing murder scenes every day of their life, so we are harvesting what we plant. 

I remember very well a situation where gunshots were fired at an event, and I roleplayed running off & away from the place even though I was not even involved. People were laughing in my PMs instead of showing concern for their character’s safety, so that says enough. This is one of the instances where the heavy roleplay becomes irrelevant, and action takes over. Simple. 

5 hours ago, Daquan Kingston said:

most people who witness all this violence in the server powergame passively as well, having no psychological traumas or general fear after seeing murder scenes every day of their life, so we are harvesting what we plant. 

With people experiencing sometimes as many as three violent crimes a night, they're either going to need to get over that trauma quick, or perish. People like to roleplay, so the latter isn't really an option. If folks don't like a trauma-hardened civilian populace, maybe they can dial back the nightly inflicting of trauma? 

5 hours ago, Daquan Kingston said:

This is one of the instances where the heavy roleplay becomes irrelevant, and action takes over. Simple. 

The crime situation has become so bad that it began impacting local logistics, forcing garages and businesses to close for longer periods because truckers just couldn't safely deliver goods without being intercepted by criminal elements. It became so bad Nervous had to apply a band-aid solution that might not even actually fix the issue. We can't even guarantee a stable food supply, because all we have to really protect our shipping lanes is the faint hope that criminals won't just steal the trucks or find some other way to profit off of targeting a service essential for not just the city, but the server as a whole.

We're beyond heavy roleplay being irrelevant; we've traded away heavy roleplay in exchange for faster gratification and a city with a murder rate higher than the whole of the real world Colombia.

Edited by DasFroggy
19 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

With people experiencing sometimes as many as three violent crimes a night, they're either going to need to get over that trauma quick, or perish. People like to roleplay, so the latter isn't really an option. If folks don't like a trauma-hardened civilian populace, maybe they can dial back the nightly inflicting of trauma? 

The crime situation has become so bad that it began impacting local logistics, forcing garages and businesses to close for longer periods because truckers just couldn't safely deliver goods without being intercepted by criminal elements. It became so bad Nervous had to apply a band-aid solution that might not even actually fix the issue. We can't even guarantee a stable food supply, because all we have to really protect our shipping lanes is the faint hope that criminals won't just steal the trucks or find some other way to profit off of targeting a service essential for not just the city, but the server as a whole.

We're beyond heavy roleplay being irrelevant; we've traded away heavy roleplay in exchange for faster gratification and a city with a murder rate higher than the whole of the real world Colombia.

I agree with you 101%. Things like this have highly demotivated me to play as serious & as much as I used to. I say that because you will always have some deathmatchers/fearless/bloodthirsty killers, but when the rest of the people do not see an issue with the reality their characters live in, it makes me wonder what is stopping us from being a fantasy roleplay server.

23 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

image.jpeg.335b71ec8d7a0b0de7d8c7beeba92b14.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Daquan Kingston said:

I agree with you 101%. Things like this have highly demotivated me to play as serious & as much as I used to. I say that because you will always have some deathmatchers/fearless/bloodthirsty killers, but when the rest of the people do not see an issue with the reality their characters live in, it makes me wonder what is stopping us from being a fantasy roleplay server.

There's still some effort to  keep roleplaying realistically, but it's hard to judge people for being nigh catatonic when faced with such chaos running loose. The city's not even as safe as a third world country, and said danger is weeding out anyone not physically and mentally strong enough to survive it.

12 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

image.jpeg.335b71ec8d7a0b0de7d8c7beeba92b14.jpeg

Yeah, I agree, the targeting of truckers was a bridge too far. It's almost a cartoons shift from any semblance of realism and straight into Fast and Furious cartoon logic. Straight up seeing BF bikers trying to intercept a heavy hauled semi-truck like TIE fighters swarming a Rebel transport... Downright stupid to see.

People are going to run, even in the face of injury and fear, more people are going to run, and it's going to happen more frequently the further we drift from serious, heavy roleplay standards.

Edited by DasFroggy

If you start getting shot at and your instinct is to run, chances are you're not even reading the chat to see where you got shot. At this point your human, OOC reaction as a player reflects the action of running despite inhuman damage being inflicted upon you, which is a fair representation. Adrenaline is meant to accomplish literally this and help you escape immediate danger.

In my opinion, the moment you're out of immediate life-threatening danger (even with people still out searching for you), meaning any moment you get a chance to collect yourself OOC and assess your wounds on screen is the moment you should start RPing your injuries.

34 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

Yeah, I agree, the targeting of truckers was a bridge too far. It's almost a cartoons shift from any semblance of realism and straight into Fast and Furious cartoon logic. Straight up seeing BF bikers trying to intercept a heavy hauled semi-truck like TIE fighters swarming a Rebel transport... Downright stupid to see.

People are going to run, even in the face of injury and fear, more people are going to run, and it's going to happen more frequently the further we drift from serious, heavy roleplay standards.

Could it be, and I’m just thinking. But, could it be because maybe, just maybe, options for most people illegal income options are incredibly limited? Of course they’re not, if you’re creative and entrepreneurial your options are limitless. But then again, how many people do you know that are creative and entrepreneurial?

14 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

Could it be, and I’m just thinking. But, could it be because maybe, just maybe, options for most people illegal income options are incredibly limited? Of course they’re not, if you’re creative and entrepreneurial your options are limitless. But then again, how many people do you know that are creative and entrepreneurial?

Honestly I thought I could get ahead of it, but when I offered to teach some fellow long-term car borrower enthusiasts a foolproof means to cheat anti-theft countermeasures and get ahold of some top shelf wheels, one of them so much as told me to shove it and demanded that the rules of the server be changed to make it easier for them.

So, now I stay in my lane and typically only pipe up here and there when realism is mentioned.

As someone else put it, this is a problem we're making for ourselves. Every time someone pulls a trigger, they don't think about how many times their intended target or surrounding witnesses have seen the attempt of lethal force against a bystander or even their own corporeal form in the past week, days, or even mere hours. They just pull the trigger and assume it's that one time and done for everyone involved.

So what happens when the guy that's been shot three times in the past week, decides being in the hospital isn't worth it? He's seen muggers shoot him in the leg for not having any valuables before, and he's seen thugs gun down folks that so much as tried to hand over their valuables, as the thugs put it, "too fast". He's seen gangbangers pepper a man running for his life, waltz up and pop a finisher between the poor dude's eyes.

Every gunshot is like listening to a favorite song that one extra time. Do it too much, and it loses the oomf. The favorite song starts to stop being your favorite, and the promises of a happy ending if you play nice when a gun is involved stop being trustworthy.

TLDR: Stop shooting so much, and people will stop running/fighting so much.

I think the real tragedy though, is that this won't just stop. If anyone tries, someone else will exploit the opportunity. This singularity is a guaranteed constant without some serious intervention from more official authority.

Edited by DasFroggy
  • Wuhtah locked this topic