IFM — Supplier Census Results & Information

khadijeh.

39 minutes ago, Karner said:

I didn't think of this at first, especially the first part. I quite like this suggestion.

Overall fantastically written response honey. and a great eye into how IFM see these issues. Thanks for taking the time to hear us all out and take it on board and btter yet, plan an action to fix concerns!

14 hours ago, honey. said:

Some drugs almost don't even exist in-character yet! This isn't a good look, and we want to flood the server with drugs to reflect the real-life black market networks."

Having independent suppliers is not necessarily a good thing in my opinion. It won't magically stop the amount of OOC dealing that takes place. If anything I think having suppliers for drugs and guns tied to a faction helps facilitate the gun and drug economy more. Because the factions that currently have gun suppliers (maybe drugs) have a unspoken obligation to supply there specific rp subset. Blacks, Whites, Hispanic, ((MC, Eurasion, Mob whatever. )) If you have independent suppliers they've no social obligation to supply anyone but there friends and people they know OOCly.

And in regards to what Honey. said, I think this is exactly opposite what the server needs, the server has a circle drug economy because of the oversaturation of drugs, I say it and say it. There is no reason for drug suppliers to be getting half keys, and kilos of drugs every month because the supply just doesn't meet the demand. If anything I think drug suppliers should be given ounces and the price of the drugs will naturally increase with the rarity of the drugs. Flooding the drug market is the exact opposite of what the server needs.

1 minute ago, MickeyO said:

And in regards to what Honey. said, I think this is exactly opposite what the server needs, the server has a circle drug economy because of the oversaturation of drugs, I say it and say it. There is no reason for drug suppliers to be getting half keys, and kilos of drugs every month because the supply just doesn't meet the demand. If anything I think drug suppliers should be given ounces and the price of the drugs will naturally increase with the rarity of the drugs. Flooding the drug market is the exact opposite of what the server needs.

This is what @Bospy has said, that part in italics was a quotation from him so I'll let him respond

On 7/30/2021 at 1:23 PM, MickeyO said:

Cocaine and marijuana follow this description but we're not increasing the supply of those. Certain drugs like codeine/PCP/pills are very rare at the moment and this doesn't properly represent the modern opioid crisis.

• Upvote 1

Just looking at this as an outsider without much insight on how suppliers work...maybe the role is too secure once you have it?  If suppliers are building some kind of powerful position in the illegal community, maybe the role needs to be more volatile.  Possible to lose it due to random events (their contact in a foreign country being raided by police), or have heavily reduced supplies for a while even if they have done nothing wrong OOCly.  It would maybe force people to look outside of their friend circle, if their goto guy has nothing for a month or two.

4 hours ago, Paenymion said:

Just looking at this as an outsider without much insight on how suppliers work...maybe the role is too secure once you have it?  If suppliers are building some kind of powerful position in the illegal community, maybe the role needs to be more volatile.  Possible to lose it due to random events (their contact in a foreign country being raided by police), or have heavily reduced supplies for a while even if they have done nothing wrong OOCly.  It would maybe force people to look outside of their friend circle, if their goto guy has nothing for a month or two.

this is plain stupid and extremely open for abuse. all it takes is for a supplier to call bopsy a poo head and now theyve lost guns for a month because his contact has "suddenly" been raided.

Not sure where else to ask this question, but if some supplier roles are staying open permanently, but you also don't get any kind of reply if you're not accepted, what's the point in keeping them open permanently? If you've received no feedback, you can't understand why you were denied, hence defeating the purpose of applications being open permanently, no?

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, LICE said:

Not sure where else to ask this question, but if some supplier roles are staying open permanently, but you also don't get any kind of reply if you're not accepted, what's the point in keeping them open permanently? If you've received no feedback, you can't understand why you were denied, hence defeating the purpose of applications being open permanently, no?

Exactly this, why say you were going to keep them open permanently and then just not reply? You could be waiting for months and never get a reply wondering if they've ever even read your application. Communication is a key factor in any application processes.

The responses thing will be discussed, it was a long-term tradition set in place but I do agree that there should be better communication and that is what we are working towards as a team at the moment.

For example, enjoy a little bit more of statistic fun:

GTA_W___Drug_Usage_in_June_2021_and_July

6 hours ago, honey. said:

The responses thing will be discussed, it was a long-term tradition set in place but I do agree that there should be better communication and that is what we are working towards as a team at the moment.

For example, enjoy a little bit more of statistic fun:

GTA_W___Drug_Usage_in_June_2021_and_July

If the results for marijuana in April weren’t the ATH I’m gonna be upset 😔