Ability to use the old mod menu or fix the plateholder option.

ikbenspy

Short description: I, as a fellow member of the community feel we have the need for the old modding menu just as we have the old clothes menu.

Detailed description: You see, I went to mod my $265,000 Elegy the other day, but I notice the plateholder option is missing! Which was very clearly available in the old menu, since we have some of these cars with side plates, and others with removed front plates! I do not understand how it managed to disappear with the arrival of the new modding menu but it is very upsetting, not only this but on new cars introduced to the server as well, such as the ZR-250, Ariant, Futo GTX and more!

Commands to add:  Just an option to "Mod Vehicle (Old Menu)" in the mechanic menu, OR hypothetically fix the plateholder option and introduce it on the new modding menu.

Items to add: Plateholder option added to the menu.

How would your suggestion improve the server? It would be very useful as we can modify our vehicles more with this option, this would add more variety thus increase happiness!

Additional information: Thank you for coming to my ted talk.

• Upvote 7
  • Thanks 1

I thought about making this suggestion, it'll be another great QoL addition. Since the clothing menu has it, why not do the same to the new mod menu? It's a big +1 for me.

The one with plateholders can work, too. Actually I should suggest that the other options should be added to the mod menu as well, like the camshaft covers, interior/dashboard color, et cetera.

Edited by Flickin'TheWristo
  • Applaud 1

Agreed. Ideally, all modding options should be added to the current modding system, or if it's easier for now, like you said, have the option of the old menu as well to access the missing options.

The new modding system is still a bit wonky and glitchy too. Like if you click on the arrow keys to cycle through mod options, it doesn't add it to cart. But if you move the slider itself it will. Also, sometimes as soon as you purchase the mods it actually changes a few of them automatically. You have to do /vrestream to fix it, which a lot of people may not know and they may end up repurchasing the same mod again to fix it. If you go to the rim menu as well, it never defaults the selection to the current rim you have installed.

All in all, the current system is better than the old one for sure, but definitely needs some more work.

On 7/30/2021 at 9:45 AM, Flickin'TheWristo said:

I thought about making this suggestion, it'll be another great QoL addition. Since the clothing menu has it, why not do the same to the new mod menu? It's a big +1 for me.

The one with plateholders can work, too. Actually I should suggest that the other options should be added to the mod menu as well, like the camshaft covers, interior/dashboard color, et cetera.

I'd just like to add more from my earlier comment;
Maybe the performance mods can be priced different? People have suggested that as well and it goes unnoticed, I think that also needs to be worked on. It doesn't make sense that all performance levels are the same price(e.g. $8,000).

• 2 weeks later...