Scamming Using 'Company Ads'

EMC

On 7/29/2021 at 9:37 PM, Aquila said:

I presume @EMC is referring to Paul Capuzzi, correct me if i'm wrong. Might also be other instances where something similar happened.

Thread below shows scamming using /cad or whatever command was used. This kind of scamming is borderline exploiting/powergaming really.

Late response but Paul got me on this scam whilst trying to influence me by talking ooc about Discord and what not. Damn good to see him banned.

4 minutes ago, Firecat said:

Late response but Paul got me on this scam whilst trying to influence me by talking ooc about Discord and what not. Damn good to see him banned.

It shouldn't have happened in the first place, that's the thing. It's great that justice is served, but I hope this kinda nonsense doesn't happen again, since it's not something you'd expect on a heavy roleplay server.

21 minutes ago, Aquila said:

It shouldn't have happened in the first place, that's the thing. It's great that justice is served, but I hope this kinda nonsense doesn't happen again, since it's not something you'd expect on a heavy roleplay server.

Oh I agree entirely. He was very arrogant when I confronted him too. He told me to read the scamming rule and tell him what he did wrong. Pathetic and I'm glad to see him gone.

Edited by Firecat
On 7/30/2021 at 3:59 AM, EMC said:

That's exactly who I'm talking about. 

That's what I was trying to clarify really, when I looked at the rules around scamming and adverts I couldn't explicitly say it was a rule break, so just wanted some opinions. I'll have a chat to the banning admin about my chances if a refund.

Thanks guys! 

No rulebreaking? Using an LSNN building, just because it was opened is not rulebreaking? It's powergaming.

Hey guys, my post was more about the using company ads when not employed with the company; not really to discuss why a specific player was banned. I appreciate the clarification around the rule, I'll try for a refund.

As the person who posted this, I will just say the way Paul scammed me was fantastic! Aside from the advert, literally everything he did was flawless, he was a great scammer,  for me, he had legitimate IC responses for every red flag, it's a shame it wasnt the same for others who met him.

Happy for this to be closed. 

• j0sepy locked this topic