The crashing issue since the new Rage update

18 minutes ago, Macarroncito said:

Odd... once I saw your reply I decided to come to Legion Square/Pillbox area to test and nothing happens, no crashes at all and I've been here for the past 20 min and I'm still here experiencing no issues whatsoever. I tried going around Pillbox, now Legion Square... everything is fine for me, I don't get it. Is that I need to encounter one of those modded cars perhaps?

Well, you came to test AFTER mod cars were removed ..

16 hours ago, zaXer. said:

To me it seems illogical that old mods cause new crashes, when they werent happening before. 

My logical thinking makes me believe it's some of the new mods.

Maybe the recenty increased view distance?

The view distance is already 200m ever since the version has been reverted.

16 hours ago, Tseard said:

lmao imagine having to go back to vanilla cars................

The problem will be worse for SAPR.

55 minutes ago, Macarroncito said:

Odd... once I saw your reply I decided to come to Legion Square/Pillbox area to test and nothing happens, no crashes at all and I've been here for the past 20 min and I'm still here experiencing no issues whatsoever. I tried going around Pillbox, now Legion Square... everything is fine for me, I don't get it. Is that I need to encounter one of those modded cars perhaps?

I haven't had much issues but try drive those areas at peak-times. You might get crashed.

1 hour ago, thekillergreece said:

The problem will be worse for SAPR.

it probably wont be perm but i can see the issues and frustrations with certain factions/groups that have almost little to nothing from the native game.

• Upvote 1

Maybe changing the .dlc file structures could help. IIRC GTA V can have sub-dlcs, for example dlc.rpf and dlc2.rpf would be it's sub dlc, it's configurable in setup2.xml as subPackCount, perhaps that could be used to split 1 dlc into multiple subs for optimizations sake. Not sure if RageMP even works with sub-dlcs but if not, maybe splitting a dlc into just simply multiple could help? 

Then again, never worked with RageMP's dev side but just some ideas to look into.

EDIT: And I really hope you guys use Codewalker to make your .dlcs because OpenIV is known to left empty bytes after edits.

Edited by BadassBaboon
2 hours ago, BadassBaboon said:

Maybe changing the .dlc file structures could help. IIRC GTA V can have sub-dlcs, for example dlc.rpf and dlc2.rpf would be it's sub dlc, it's configurable in setup2.xml as subPackCount, perhaps that could be used to split 1 dlc into multiple subs for optimizations sake. Not sure if RageMP even works with sub-dlcs but if not, maybe splitting a dlc into just simply multiple could help? 

Then again, never worked with RageMP's dev side but just some ideas to look into.

EDIT: And I really hope you guys use Codewalker to make your .dlcs because OpenIV is known to left empty bytes after edits.

It's already split