The crashing issue since the new Rage update

As you're all aware, there has been many more crashes reported by players since the latest Rage / GTA update.

I myself had many crashes despite never having any since 1.1.

The problem is my main focus for now and full priority, as I value stability more than anything else.

It seems that Rage is not good at supporting modded vehicles (it wasn't very good before, it's worse now) so we'll be slowly removing non mandatory modded vehicles.

The current steps have already been taken to fix the issue :

• Reverse the latest GTA update fully : No improvements
  • Remove the latest 46 vehicles added : Good improvements, still quite a bit of crashes reported by some players (not on my side).

The following steps will be taken in the following days :

• 28/07 : Removal of LSFDAmbulance, LSFDEngine, Polbufsc, Polbufsc2. Victor, Vapidscout, Valkyrie, Lfmaverick, Cara and Bcat will be drastically reduced in quality / liveries amount & removal of our custom vehicle sync

28/07 update : The crashes have been fixed. The custom vehicle sync will be re-enabled tomorrow to verify if crashes are still fixed or not.

29/07 update : Still a bit of crashes ongoing, Scout were disabled but no improvements seen.

30/07 update : Gameconfig changed and the 46 modded vehicles were put back live.

Rage is also working on an update on their side to fix the issue, until then it seems difficult to bring back custom vehicles. We're still going to try to bring back custom vehicles packs per packs to test & monitor the issues in a near future once we fix the crashes fully.

Edited by Nervous
  • Upvote 1

To me it seems illogical that old mods cause new crashes, when they werent happening before. 

My logical thinking makes me believe it's some of the new mods.

Maybe the recenty increased view distance?

Edited by zaXer.
  • Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

To me it seems illogical that old mods cause new crashes, when they werent happening before. 

Especially since the crashing seems mostly upon entering the Legion Square area. That bug has been there in pre-1.1 days where people crash at very specific locations such as Little Seoul -> Legion Square right by the driving school regardless of what vehicles (or any vehicles at all on that matter) are present at the Mission Row Police Station. But we will see, I suppose.

15 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

Dumping a plethora of new vehicle mods on top a wobbly foundation of performance-heavy emergency vehicles is obviously going to cause instability, especially emergency vehicles notoriously shit for performance. 

I'd be interested to see how Mission Row/Davis/Police-heavy-scenes perform if all emergency vehicle mods were removed, just out of curiosity.  

2 hours ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

Dumping a plethora of new vehicle mods on top a wobbly foundation of performance-heavy emergency vehicles is obviously going to cause instability, especially emergency vehicles notoriously shit for performance. 

I'd be interested to see how Mission Row/Davis/Police-heavy-scenes perform if all emergency vehicle mods were removed, just out of curiosity.  

What shit performance? I was playing a LEO back in 2019 and the only times I crashed were in Davis, which is notorious for having lower FPS.

It makes no sense for these old mods to cause crashes when they weren't 2 years, 1 year, 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Edited by arandomgamer
2 hours ago, zaXer. said:

Maybe the recenty increased view distance?

I'd say the new RageMP update would be the culprit why old mods cause it.

34 minutes ago, arandomgamer said:

It makes no sense for these old mods to cause crashes when they weren't 2 years, 1 year, 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Straw that broke the camel's back, really not hard to understand.

As a hypothetical example, if I jammed a server full of a horribly optimized mods to the point where it was basically unplayable, added a single well optimized mod on-top of that and the server finally tanked, do we blame the newly added optimized mod or the backlog of horribly optimized mods? Just because an issue is NEW doesn't mean it doesn't or can't stem from something further down the line. Not saying that's what's specifically happening here but it's a possibility and there's no reason to not investigate it. 

Sticking your fingers in your ears and pretending there's not an issue here because "HEY! At least I don't crash!" in response to entire neighborhoods being rendered black voids even back in 2019 is silly and ignorant when this could be avoided or at the very least aided with some optimization to existing textures or model swaps.