Revert the nerf to the ZR350.

Jennie

I'm not against letting people go fast - if its done in the right way. I believe we should have a handling mod in place to remove speed caps, reduce braking efficiency - but that's besides the point.

The point of nerfing vehicles is to get them in line with the current roster, as well as a pricing that isn't going to make it seem too weird. 

I understand that cars IRL are built to go fast,these are a minorityunlike on GTA World where everyone and their mother has an aftermarket twin turbo attached to their engine.

It's about trying to balance rarity, performance and desireability of these cars, to try and prevent people from flocking to them too much.

It's a very hard job to balance these vehicles and we can't please everyone, but I'm 100% confident in the nerfs we made (2 vehicles) were to benefit the balance of vehicles on the server.

Edited by Brian3898
1 minute ago, Brian3898 said:

I'm not against letting people go fast - if its done in the right way. I believe we should have a handling mod in place to remove speed caps, reduce breaking efficiency - but that's besides the point.

The point of nerfing vehicles is to get them in line with the current roster, as well as a pricing that isn't going to make it seem too weird. 

I understand that cars IRL are built to go fast,these are a minorityunlike on GTA World where everyone and their mother has an aftermarket twin turbo attached to their engine.

It's about trying to balance rarity, performance and desireability of these cars, to try and prevent people from flocking to them too much.

It's a very hard job to balance these vehicles and we can't please everyone, but I'm 100% confident in the nerfs we made (2 vehicles) were to benefit the balance of vehicles on the server.

Totally agree with you on the fact that there are way too many upgraded cars. I am usually the one who roleplays slowly upgrading my car. Firstly I just do some wheels that I saved for, then nezt

time I come to do coilovers and stuff, that makes it interesting but I feel like people just want to go fast and they forget about the rp… sadly. It’s a lot to do with the grinding I feel like and so on. I have played on servers without economy in the past and they are actually really fun, as there is 0 grind, people do quality roleplay, lots of hunters, county people, truckers, social workers etc, because money isn’t a flex and everyone is focused on the quality rp. But that is besides the point. 
I think severe crashes should just CK the drivers… maybe then it would hit someone that flying through the city with heavily modded car isn’t okay. People would realise the risks and think about it. I am all for fast cars and modified cars with realistic speeds etc, but there needs to be something done to those who fly through the city like it is nothing. 

Wait, this car was nerfed? I tried it out with my friend few days back and it wasn't even that slow lmao

13 hours ago, FlyElvis said:

Totally agree with you on the fact that there are way too many upgraded cars.

Well, the reason to that is because basically all the performance mods are at the same price. People have tried to suggest making it so that they would be priced different, but they don't really go anywhere.

Edited by Flickin'TheWristo

Car prices and their performance have never been realistic on the server. The unwillingness to address this almost 4 years after the server was opened (apparently to not change how much some player's cars are worth out of nowhere) doesn't help with this at all. This car may not have been nerfed, others apparently silently are, which is a bad way of going about it imo, just make that public in patch notes. Transparency is key and standards don't increase from being secretive about what is being done to combat unrealistic behavior (which shouldn't be selectively done to certain vehicles, but to all, like was mentioned before in this thread. Both IC and OOC enforcement need to be increased on driving behavior.

It would be nice if the server went for a realistic driving model for all vehicles alike, where some obviously have better suspension and performance versus others and are not an arcade experience like GTA V's default. Street racing is a thing, the portrayal of it is usually, from my experience, horrific. Most racers show no emotion when they kill or heavily injure yet another innocent person in traffic, they don't roleplay the damages their car would realistically have and just drive off with no regard of another player's roleplay or another human being's life in-character. Furthermore they don't roleplay any traceable tracks left behind on scene, like paint or tyre marks, or even parts left behind that their vehicle lost during the crash. It's a big issue with powergaming in essence.

I realize this post deviates from the subject of the topic, but I think it's abundantly clear the fact that people notice car performance differences between singleplayer/menyoo and the server and then find out that cars are indeed nerfed, just not this particular one, shows a lack of communication and a wrong way of dealing with the issue (unrealistic roleplay which causes a bad reputation for an entire group which is unfair, but understandable) at hand that causes nerfs to be done in the first place.

• Upvote 3
  • 1 month later...