Ban targeting truckers on shift for robberies.

16 hours ago, DasFroggy said:

At that point I would just steal the truck. 

Come to think of it, that might be a pretty solid angle too. Get in kahootz with the competition, and strategically target specific trucks at specific times to slow down the progress of one in favor of another. There could be good money in it...

I know this is an RP server but respectfully this is completely ridiculous. You don’t have logistics companies these days hiring people to steal other company’s trucks to take out the competition. This isn’t 1920’s New York. It’s no wonder companies are running out of components. There’s a reason shops are having issues getting components. Just keep shitting on truckers until there’s none left. That’s what is happening. 

Before you say it, I’ll head you off. I have tried to head this off IC. It’s useless. There’s not enough manpower on PD’s side, especially in low server pop times. I’ve reported this to PD at least several dozen times. I’ve even reached out to IC politicians. It doesn’t help. No one gives a shit. If this were happening in a real city, you’d be bringing the FBI down on you but we don’t have that here. It’s completely ridiculous. Carrying a weapon only leads to more problems in most cases. People already assume truckers carry a weapon as evidenced by the strip searches I get while getting robbed on shift in the middle of the road. 

Im not advocating for some special rule, but if this continues the way it is, you will run everyone out of trucking. It’s been slowly happening for weeks. Even general script stores are running out of components because truckers simply won’t go there. It’ll only get worse. Something has got to give either on an OOC or IC basis. It seems that both angles seem utterly useless right now. 

Edited by The Dude
On 7/28/2021 at 8:04 AM, The Dude said:

I know this is an RP server but respectfully this is completely ridiculous. You don’t have logistics companies these days hiring people to steal other company’s trucks to take out the competition. This isn’t 1920’s New York. It’s no wonder companies are running out of components. There’s a reason shops are having issues getting components. Just keep shitting on truckers until there’s none left. That’s what is happening. 

Before you say it, I’ll head you off. I have tried to head this off IC. It’s useless. There’s not enough manpower on PD’s side, especially in low server pop times. I’ve reported this to PD at least several dozen times. I’ve even reached out to IC politicians. It doesn’t help. No one gives a shit. If this were happening in a real city, you’d be bringing the FBI down on you but we don’t have that here. It’s completely ridiculous. Carrying a weapon only leads to more problems in most cases. People already assume truckers carry a weapon as evidenced by the strip searches I get while getting robbed on shift in the middle of the road. 

Im not advocating for some special rule, but if this continues the way it is, you will run everyone out of trucking. It’s been slowly happening for weeks. Even general script stores are running out of components because truckers simply won’t go there. It’ll only get worse. Something has got to give either on an OOC or IC basis. It seems that both angles seem utterly useless right now. 

I've spent months, if not years trying to get the crime situation in the server calmed down. All that came of it was mockery and now at least three muggings a night, some of which have happened within direct line of sight of a police station (and none of which were targeted).

Want the attacks on trucking to stop? Address the crime situation overall, and figure out how we can slow it down before it bubbles over more than it already has. Current solutions aren't working, so a newer approach is needed.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, DasFroggy said:

I've spent months, if not years trying to get the crime situation in the server calmed down. All that came of it was mockery and now at least three muggings a night, some of which have happened within direct line of sight of a police station (and none of which were targeted).

Want the attacks on trucking to stop? Address the crime situation overall, and figure out how we can slow it down before it bubbles over more than it already has. Current solutions aren't working, so a newer approach is needed.

Can't do that when IFM directly allows crime to flourish the way it has without the consideration that we live in a metropolitan city. I tried to address it and ended up muted and temp banned on the forums 🤣 Good luck fighting the good fight lol

No. There's a lot of methods that truckers can do ICly to combat these problems. Your character was a victim of a violent crime, build on character development after such events, maybe it gives your character motivation to pursue a PF/CCW or even to pursue a whole new career path. There's no point banning such an activity, learn from it and build on it.

The other issue IMHO is that truck's capacity sizes should be increased, and the Boxville should be swapped out for something else (because it is tediously slow). Realistically, I could fit more than 5 boxes in a Speedo and more than 8 boxes in a Boxville (which is a special delivery purpose vehicle)

44 minutes ago, hipsxn said:

No. There's a lot of methods that truckers can do ICly to combat these problems. Your character was a victim of a violent crime, build on character development after such events, maybe it gives your character motivation to pursue a PF/CCW or even to pursue a whole new career path. There's no point banning such an activity, learn from it and build on it.

Think about what you just posted, really. PF/CCW as part of mandatory existential right within Los Santos? Cause it's not only truckers, everyone is targetted daily. What is this? Purge; State of Anarchy Los Santos edition? I said many fucking times and I will say many fucking times again, high crime rate is OOC issues, cause people are competing who is more badass, just take a look at gang threads. By now, nearly everyone in the city has been a victim of a violent crime. 

Edited by Engelbert
52 minutes ago, hipsxn said:

With respect, your suggestions are pretty ignorant of the issue and fall on deaf ears. I personally, among many others, have pursued these avenues IC already. Reporting to cops. Reaching out to politicians. Using weapons to scare them off. It hasn't slowed it down at all. Nothing fruitful has come from trying to keep it IC. Trucking is anti-fun to begin with. While I don't advocate for some magical barrier, something has to give one way or another. There's a reason places in the city are running out of components and not getting restocked. Truckers are tired of dealing with shit and not getting any relief IC or OOC for it. The only shining light so far is that Nervous changed the need for truckers to carry cash, which they don't need to anymore. So hopefully that will slow things down back to where its bearable.

Edited by The Dude
1 hour ago, hipsxn said:

Or people can just stop trucking, just as they are starting to do now. We can see how long the logistics of the server can handle being a broken standstill before the server staff does something about it.

This is why you don't let crime get as violent as one of the most dangerous third world countries in the world - supplies stop shipping, people leave, and anyone who stays either dies or becomes part of the problem.

So here's the limit. Either solutions for crime get offered fast, or you find yourself waiting months for stores to be stocked before you can get a mask, or bullets, or even just water and tacos. Maybe then you'll actually appreciate the magnitude of the crime problem we're dealing with day in and day out.

Edited by DasFroggy
  • Wuhtah locked this topic