Ban targeting truckers on shift for robberies.

(I am not a trucker, just relaying information I have gathered from discussions with other players.) 

Upon discussion in the public discord it has come into my awareness that there has been a massive shortage of components for stores on the server. While everyone may be blaming mechanics and how inactive they have became after the introduction of new cars, this is not the case. Mechanics have been able to cite a lack of components. In addition to this many script businesses on the server have been completely void of components in recent times (24/7s, tattoo stores, etc.) Upon talking with both mechanics and truckers on the server I have discovered that one thing is at fault. The problem truckers have begun to face where illegal rpers will target them for robberies as they remain rather easy targets. (They have to stop to pick stock up from rather isolated areas, making them an easy target.) In recent times very few players have wanted to truck due to the job feeling grindy in the first place and this is without having to worry about being robbed. Now that there has been a plague of truckers being robbed many no longer feel like working out of fear they will be robbed. Because of this many businesses on the server just haven't been able to serve players. This has become a serious issue at present as many isolated areas have become void of RP as truckers don't want to deliver there. Therefore I propose that going forward truckers who are on shift (In work vehicles) remain 'crime free' targets for robberies in order to prevent the shortage of components businesses are facing. 

I have to agree with Rushing here, there's plenty of opportunities to create roleplay on both the legal and illegal side of trucking to prevent the robberies. One thing I didn't quite agree with, was the script job paying people in cash instead of it being transferred to their bank, which has recently been changed, so truckers don't even need to carry all that much cash on them anymore and illegal roleplayers may stop targeting them with the OOC knowledge that they could have a high chance of carrying up to 5k due to the script, which should overall, increase the roleplay quality I feel.

Im starting a trucking company and I will be very harsh, we have a strict on shift policy for our drivers. The rules that are made to specificly safeguard our truckers:

- Keep driving at all times with respect to the road laws.

- Do not bring any personal belongings on shift, but keep these at your locker at HQ. An exception, but discouraged, is your phone.

- Do not bring any firearms on shift.

This leaves the trucker with nothing to give to a potential robber apart from the cargo which we can easily recover from. And honestly…. If the robbers are on a bike trying to rob a Boxville… a trucker might cough or sneeze and *accidentally* swerve.

There is no OOC regulation neccesary, some robberies are subpar and are already being punished this way.

41 minutes ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

Im starting a trucking company and I will be very harsh, we have a strict on shift policy for our drivers. The rules that are made to specificly safeguard our truckers:

- Keep driving at all times with respect to the road laws.

- Do not bring any personal belongings on shift, but keep these at your locker at HQ. An exception, but discouraged, is your phone.

- Do not bring any firearms on shift.

This leaves the trucker with nothing to give to a potential robber apart from the cargo which we can easily recover from. And honestly…. If the robbers are on a bike trying to rob a Boxville… a trucker might cough or sneeze and *accidentally* swerve.

There is no OOC regulation neccesary, some robberies are subpar and are already being punished this way.

At that point I would just steal the truck. 

Come to think of it, that might be a pretty solid angle too. Get in kahootz with the competition, and strategically target specific trucks at specific times to slow down the progress of one in favor of another. There could be good money in it...

11 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

At that point I would just steal the truck. 

Come to think of it, that might be a pretty solid angle too. Get in kahootz with the competition, and strategically target specific trucks at specific times to slow down the progress of one in favor of another. There could be good money in it...

Have fun stealing a truck that can be disabled remotely and tracked 😛

On the bottom part, that honestly sounds like an interesting business idea…

The reason truckers got robbed so much is due to being paid on hand cash when delivering crates, this is fixed with economy update. Nothing needs to be done, if truckers are getting robbed more than you take it IC, police patrols, dashcam in vehicles and so on.

Edited by Fenris
  • Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic