nevermind

I personally don’t think it’s a good idea to prevent someone from playing their character for 24 hours because someone killed them for any possible reason. People should already roleplay adequate fear of PKed and if they aren’t they should be reported. 

No, they aren't in the hospital recovering or anything of the sort. It's pointless preventing someone from playing on a specific character just because someone else PKed them. If they were DMed, then they're practically "punished" for dying. All I can really see coming forth from this suggestion is people trying to PK the other player as oppose to RPing fear.

30 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

I don't think you understand the idea behind a PK at all. Please stop making suggestions.

I've been roleplaying for a long time I know what a PK is - if you don't like the suggestion maybe don't say so? No need for comments like these thank you very much. 

53 minutes ago, Rushing said:

No, they aren't in the hospital recovering or anything of the sort. It's pointless preventing someone from playing on a specific character just because someone else PKed them. If they were DMed, then they're practically "punished" for dying. All I can really see coming forth from this suggestion is people trying to PK the other player as oppose to RPing fear.

Admins will be able to reverse this, maybe it should be optional so players can choose if they want to do it? I mean if it was DM you can just /report in-game before /acceptingdeath and you'd be revived?

57 minutes ago, Rushing said:

No that's not what I'm going for here - regular PK rules with memory loss would STILL apply I just want a way for PKs to actually mean something instead of "Oh lol I just got my cap peeled time to respawn, go back to my block and stand outside like nothing happened for the entire day." Perhaps we should make people who are PKed RP being in a coma or non-fatally injured or something because it makes no sense to 'die' and then not being dead ICly... if we RPed a coma atleast you could account for the memory loss that follows a PK.

Edited by CertifiedKiller
11 minutes ago, CertifiedKiller said:

I just want a way for PKs to actually mean something instead

Easy solution: Ensure your murders matter for your character, at least.

From the other party you cannot really expect this (beyond the part where they have to stay away from you and not tell about the event ic) for a simple reason:

They died.

Obviously, this prevents them also from any attempt to roleplay anything that'd give the "Murder" on them more meaning once they respawned (it would in fact be rulebreaking if one refered to one's own death ic or learned a lesson from it, even if players of course do adapt strategies for the future to not end up on the receiving end but that's not the point).

5 minutes ago, knppel said:

Easy solution: Ensure your murders matter for your character, at least.

From the other party you cannot really expect this (beyond the part where they have to stay away from you and not tell about the event ic) for a simple reason:

They died.

Obviously, this prevents them also from any attempt to roleplay anything that'd give the "Murder" on them more meaning once they respawned (it would in fact be rulebreaking if one refered to one's own death ic or learned a lesson from it, even if players of course do adapt strategies for the future to not end up on the receiving end but that's not the point).

PKs are incredibly awkward to roleplay since if you PK someone and you see them a few minutes later in a bar or club it's just weird - you know what I mean, right? And the people you usually roleplay with you can't since they all saw you get smoked - so might as well not even play on that character for a few minutes. Maybe 30 minutes is a good compromise? 

Edited by CertifiedKiller