Davis High School rp

blast

1 hour ago, DasFroggy said:

I would personally prefer we not have minors at all,  but that isn't going to change.

Agreed. Frankly, I find it kinda creepy that we even have people playing children.

1 hour ago, LICE said:

I'd map a school but the question is where and why? As stated every character under 18 is by server rules a gangbanger in the making. I'm not sure I trust a rule change to allow weirdos to play 12 year old kids.

Yeah it's just going to enable the weird culture we see on the internet as it is. A lot of the underage characters I've come across seemingly act like trolls — they do stupid stuff and they know that they're not going to get any repercussions because they're children IC.

10 minutes ago, Aquila said:

Yeah it's just going to enable the weird culture we see on the internet as it is. A lot of the underage characters I've come across seemingly act like trolls — they do stupid stuff and they know that they're not going to get any repercussions because they're children IC.

Except you're wrong. The server does not recognize teenagers as minor offenders, so if you're a 14 year old and you killed somebody you will be tried as an adult. Age isn't an excuse for shitty roleplay, but I think there's a very fine line between simply being disruptive and annoying as a kid and straight up trolling.

Just now, i dont wanna od in LA said:

Except you're wrong. The server does not recognize teenagers as minor offenders, so if you're a 14 year old and you killed somebody you will be tried as an adult. Age isn't an excuse for shitty roleplay, but I think there's a very fine line between simply being disruptive and annoying as a kid and straight up trolling.

An adult getting into an altercation with an adult has some fear of being beaten to pieces, but a child knows that they're probably going to be in the right if an adult beats on them.

I've had taxi fares where the customers are children, and they walked away knowing I can't do anything because my character is 3x their age.

11 minutes ago, Aquila said:

Agreed. Frankly, I find it kinda creepy that we even have people playing children.

It's more the fact I don't trust people not to sexualise kids. It already happens with the currently allowed kids. RP attracts degenerates and to simulate a good school environment you would need normal, non gangbanger children too. The only type of people who will play those children are the super insanely good 1% rpers or the deviants and degenerates.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, LICE said:

I'd map a school but the question is where and why? As stated every character under 18 is by server rules a gangbanger in the making. I'm not sure I trust a rule change to allow weirdos to play 12 year old kids.

nah its only under 16, and 16-18 is still highschool years, so we wouldnt need any rule change.

39 minutes ago, LICE said:

It's more the fact I don't trust people not to sexualise kids. It already happens with the currently allowed kids. RP attracts degenerates and to simulate a good school environment you would need normal, non gangbanger children too. The only type of people who will play those children are the super insanely good 1% rpers or the deviants and degenerates.

There wont only be gang bangers, a lot of illegal facs have civillians in them, in every illegal faction i've ever been apart of the locals/civllians in the discord outweigh the put on gang bangers by like double or more, yes some of these are characters that want to become gang members in the future, but a lot of them are just rping civillian teens/family members. 

2 hours ago, getmoney said:

There wont only be gang bangers, a lot of illegal facs have civillians in them, in every illegal faction i've ever been apart of the locals/civllians in the discord outweigh the put on gang bangers by like double or more, yes some of these are characters that want to become gang members in the future, but a lot of them are just rping civillian teens/family members. 

That isn't necessarily true.

There are some gangs that have the same group of people RPing in them, and those people tend to have civilians RPing there.
I can assure you however that most illegal factions have more put on members and official members. It looks like people are roleplaying as civilian just because they are ranked as "local" in the Discord, but these locals are 9/10 times a gangbanger in the making.

If there truly was civilians in illegal factions (specifically gangs), then the amount of posts I see about girls doing nails and eyebrows on Facebrowser should be far greater than it is. Let's be honest with ourselves. Davis is a noob-infested area and while there are good roleplayers that come out of Davis, the majority are NOT them.

The Davis population would definitely ruin any Davis Highschool.
The only way I can see high schools working is if there is more than 1 high school (which is way too hard to accomplish).

A high school isn't home to tens of different gangs. A high school in South Central is at most home to 4-5 neighboring gangs and while yes, someone from another far away gang MIGHT attend this school, the general population of the schools should be restricted to specific neighborhoods and gangs to avoid turning it into a warzone.

The reason this will NEVER work is simple, so I'll put it in point form.

• Let's say Davis = South Central LA
  • There is around 16 different high schools in South Central LA.
  • One school? Ain't going to cut it.

Now... you might be thinking "but wait braazy, what about bompton?" since Davis does take a majority of its inspiration from Compton.

• Let's say Davis = Compton.
  • There is only 3 high schools in Compton but...
  • These are three VERY big schools and they are quick to expel gang members, who end up going to adult/alternative school with the other expelled students instead (or they drop out).
  • These schools are LARGE. Like Compton High is literally the size of the three high schools around my area combined. 

And let's not forget the fact that the city of Los Angeles's homicide rate is 5 per population of 100,000 yearly.

Meanwhile GTAWorld's city of Los Santos has a homicide rate of 5 per population of 2,000 every night.

These rates are simply because its a game. These rates are what justifies the 4 cop car backup every time you get pulled over.
These rates are what justifies 14 year old's being given a life sentence for murder, no matter the lawyer, no matter the situation.

And finally... these rates are what justifies LFM and IFM's decision to NOT have schools in Davis where a large majority of these crimes happen.

This goes both ways too. Homicide rates are too high so cops bring 4 cruisers for backup during a routine traffic stop, right?
This is unrealistic, and as a result, it warrants an unrealistic response such as criminals deciding to take the risk and kill the cop before the cop calls for backup.

The main problem that all roleplay servers face is the whole "unrealistic actions bring unrealistic results".
Guns are way too expensive, and as a result, it is unrealistic. This then results in the unrealistic looting of bodies after every shootout.
There are no clubs or businesses in Davis, and as a result, gangmembers unrealistically travel from their Davis homeland to Vinewood so they can drink some beers and get some ERP.

Anyway, I'm done ranting, bye.

Edited by Craazy
13 minutes ago, Craazy said:

That isn't necessarily true.

There are some gangs that have the same group of people RPing in them, and those people tend to have civilians RPing there.
I can assure you however that most illegal factions have more put on members and official members. It looks like people are roleplaying as civilian just because they are ranked as "local" in the Discord, but these locals are 9/10 times a gangbanger in the making.

If there truly was civilians in illegal factions (specifically gangs), then the amount of posts I see about girls doing nails and eyebrows on Facebrowser should be far greater than it is. Let's be honest with ourselves. Davis is a noob-infested area and while there are good roleplayers that come out of Davis, the majority are NOT them.

The Davis population would definitely ruin any Davis Highschool.
The only way I can see high schools working is if there is more than 1 high school (which is way too hard to accomplish).

A high school isn't home to tens of different gangs. A high school in South Central is at most home to 4-5 neighboring gangs and while yes, someone from another far away gang MIGHT attend this school, the general population of the schools should be restricted to specific neighborhoods and gangs to avoid turning it into a warzone.

The reason this will NEVER work is simple, so I'll put it in point form.

• Let's say Davis = South Central LA
  • There is around 16 different high schools in South Central LA.
  • One school? Ain't going to cut it.

Now... you might be thinking "but wait braazy, what about bompton?" since Davis does take a majority of its inspiration from Compton.

• Let's say Davis = Compton.
  • There is only 3 high schools in Compton but...
  • These are three VERY big schools and they are quick to expel gang members, who end up going to adult/alternative school with the other expelled students instead (or they drop out).
  • These schools are LARGE. Like Compton High is literally the size of the seven high schools around my area combined. I'm lowkey jealous cause they have like 2 soccer fields, a baseball field, a whole football field, like damn.... my guy, our field had like two soccer nets but they extended up into like the football posts as well like a little 2-in-1 field.

And let's not forget the fact that the city of Los Angeles's homicide rate is 5 per population of 100,000 yearly.

Meanwhile GTAWorld's city of Los Santos has a homicide rate of 5 per population of 2,000 every night.

These rates are simply because its a game. These rates are what justifies the 4 cop car backup every time you get pulled over.
These rates are what justifies 14 year old's being given a life sentence for murder, no matter the lawyer, no matter the situation.

And finally... these rates are what justifies LFM and IFM's decision to NOT have schools in Davis where a large majority of these crimes happen.

This goes both ways too. Homicide rates are too high so cops bring 4 cruisers for backup during a routine traffic stop, right?
This is unrealistic, and as a result, it warrants an unrealistic response such as criminals deciding to take the risk and kill the cop before the cop calls for backup.

The main problem that all roleplay servers face is the whole "unrealistic actions bring unrealistic results".
Guns are way too expensive, and as a result, it is unrealistic. This then results in the unrealistic looting of bodies after every shootout.
There are no clubs or businesses in Davis, and as a result, gangmembers unrealistically travel from their Davis homeland to Vinewood so they can drink some beers and get some ERP.

Anyway, I'm done ranting, bye.

nah i know people from nellas irl and they gangn members, u capping 

2 hours ago, LICE said:

• Wuhtah locked this topic