Davis High School rp

blast

16 hours ago, voucher said:

I don’t see why it shouldn’t exist with some obvious restrictions. This will be great for the overall vibe of south central and will provide something new to do in the area. For all those complaining about shooting or whatever, it’s as simple as making it a rule that prohibits shootings and serious crimes on campus while fades, dope dealing, and other realistic shit is fair game.

Pretty much this. I can see a very "The Wire"esque environment being beneficial to the area and factions around it. This school probably wouldn't be attended by individuals out of south central. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, vrb said:

This school probably wouldn't be attended by individuals out of south central. 

Yeah, I only ever see child characters based in South LS.

2 minutes ago, shaobadman said:

perhaps then we can replicate this excellent scene from season four, so much raw passion and great rp potential

I can only imagine how many people would wanna make a character like Albert.

The thing is that American HS in gang-land area's are so riddled with security and metal detectors, it is virtually impossible to get a weapon into school. The big idea with this would be to halt those murder-hungry dm'ers at the door. Create real atmosphere for kids in High School to roleplay successful sports careers before the collegiate level; Which could pave the way even to ULSA as people create their characters. 

A school would do the following for pro's in my opinion.

• Create great character development whether illegal or legal
  • Character's could RP the stress of going to school and trying to be successful where in real life, the American Education system virtually fails people in crime-riddled high schools miserably. (Especially the kids who come from single-parent homes, there is so much to do in terms of background development for young characters)
  • Grades, kids could face charges of truancy for hooking-off. 
  • The people roleplaying young gang members honestly need a place to role-play. Being on the street 24/7 is boring, shitty and in my honest opinion? Poor development.
  • Sports! ULSA has a gigantic simulation system across the board for every sport. They just lack the player base/involvement of players to really flesh out 4-5 sports teams. 
  • Intern programs for HS kids as well.

My biggest problem is that the HS should effectively become a green-zone for any actual murder intended crimes. It would make more sense to just allow fist-fights or non-violent crimes like drug dealing to happen but when I think "RP High School" I really just imagine the movie "Lean on Me" with Morgan Freeman.

I dont want to respond to calls of a highschool getting shot up every day and people dying there. Unless the mentality of players roleplaying in the area changes along with their roleplay standard then sure, however with the current time, highly doubt it'll go anywhere.

• Upvote 1

I forgot to point out: unlike universities, schools follow an actual schedule of something like 8am to 3pm, or around that at least. Universities could have classes anywhere between 7am and 7pm, and students aren't penalised as much for missing classes like a school student would. 

I've come to realise that in practice this might be a lot more difficult to execute than anyone would originally think.

3 hours ago, Timzii said:

I dont want to respond to calls of a highschool getting shot up every day and people dying there. Unless the mentality of players roleplaying in the area changes along with their roleplay standard then sure, however with the current time, highly doubt it'll go anywhere.

Nevermind that all it would take is one bad faith streamer starting their stream with...

"Hey, what's up chat, it ya' boi Killer-X-stream, and today we're going to play the School Shooter simulator GTAW, and see just how many kids we can kill before the admins have had their fill..."

And then it is on the news, kids being killed in virtual school hallways "for fun" and "Oh, why would Rockstar allow this?" and so on...

This is not a good line to be skirting with the current community and the already extreme crime rate.

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic