Davis High School rp

blast

1 hour ago, celestialrage said:

absolutely not. a high school? yes. a high school in davis? no.

put it somewhere like vespucci / vinewood etc where crime isn't rife.

The crime rate isn't a issue. There are schools located in the highest of crime rated locations all over the US.

Davis is the only location in the city area where not alot of rp opportunities like fast food places, gym's and any other kind of activities that brings rp to the general area opens on a daily bases. Most rpers in Davis have to create and NPC stuff like that to even compare to the other locations that have gyms and stores opening on the daily. 

Yeah sure why not but there's a bunch of issues;

1. Making a ghetto HS and then setting it as a safezone for violence or gang activities would be bad. So, a new ruleset would have to be created to place a realistic balance and approve of let's say squabbles and disapprove of shootings.

2. It being a High School would mean you're assigned on the basis where you live, so it would be only a useful project for people who rp Davis locals. It would be pretty stupid to have Rancho (Watts) people attending a Davis (Compton) school. Same with East LS(LA) for example, it would make little to no sense.

I was responsible for the Davis community center (BJ Smith) before being CKed. The idea was to have social workers taking teen offender cases, daily sport activities and some professional courses for jobs such as barbers, electricians and other blue collar work, as well as high school support classes.

The place is mapped and waiting for someone to lead it after my character was slain two days before opening. It's not a High School but it would provide nice opportunities for educational RP in a hood setting.

I'm happy to get involved with my old barber from Davis and help explain my vision and plans for it, but I don't want to fully lead the project since my aim is to provide something different in a barber shop surrounding small local business RP for now.

Edited by Koko
  • Upvote 2

It would actually be a pretty nice idea to have a high school mapped in the hood, as blast stated a lot people that roleplay around or even a couple of hoods over Davis have to NPC and create a lot of our roleplay that mostly being from Davis Highschool. 

It shouldn't be an issue to make the high school a crime free zone both inside and on campus.

I'm currently in charge of public education on behalf of the state government, and back when I was introduced to the whole idea I was told about the previous attempts to set something up like that. We, the state government, are still interested in exploring it as an option to introduce roleplay to both legal and illegal roleplayers, which is why I, along with a few others, started working on the foundations and how it should function. We have already gotten a principal and some other key-positions to ensure a high school can actually work and provide roleplay instead of just being a place with a bunch of mapping inside, and recruitment is open for teachers too (https://sagov.gta.world/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=106). But, that doesn't mean anything right now because we require LFM's approval - which is something we're working on, if approved - we'll be able to go ahead with the idea completely IC and kick things off.

We're aware that constructing a high school in Davis might create issues, but on the other hand /some/ crime still has to happen to allow the illegal community around to flourish. We decided to allow some illegal activities (within limits, and a huge no on anything sexual or that involves firearms), and those who join will need to submit an application and maintain the roleplay standards we set forth.

If anyone has any suggestions, or wants to help out feel free to reach out to me.

14 minutes ago, Maxim said:

I'm currently in charge of public education on behalf of the state government, and back when I was introduced to the whole idea I was told about the previous attempts to set something up like that. We, the state government, are still interested in exploring it as an option to introduce roleplay to both legal and illegal roleplayers, which is why I, along with a few others, started working on the foundations and how it should function. We have already gotten a principal and some other key-positions to ensure a high school can actually work and provide roleplay instead of just being a place with a bunch of mapping inside, and recruitment is open for teachers too (https://sagov.gta.world/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=106). But, that doesn't mean anything right now because we require LFM's approval - which is something we're working on, if approved - we'll be able to go ahead with the idea completely IC and kick things off.

We're aware that constructing a high school in Davis might create issues, but on the other hand /some/ crime still has to happen to allow the illegal community around to flourish. We decided to allow some illegal activities (within limits, and a huge no on anything sexual or that involves firearms), and those who join will need to submit an application and maintain the roleplay standards we set forth.

If anyone has any suggestions, or wants to help out feel free to reach out to me.

Can my character sell drugs to children?

Considering how Davis is the area with the highest amount of teenagers, and a good part of them roleplays their daily life I think this high school is a wonderful idea. It is only fair to be honest considering that there are more high school teenagers than college-pursuing-adults both IG & IRL, so better late than never. I've seen High Schools on various SAMP communities and they were a strong pillar for the sub-urban gang faction characters development, although that is not my type of roleplay I do enjoy watching it.

• Wuhtah locked this topic