Davis High School rp

blast

There is a community center in Chamberlain Hills. Currently being worked really hard on by multiple people to get set up and going again. Events for it to draw attention to it are planned in the near future and we really hope it'll take off. As far as I can read, the interest is definitely there so I'm really looking forward to it!

• Upvote 3
8 hours ago, Birdie said:

There is a community center in Chamberlain Hills. Currently being worked really hard on by multiple people to get set up and going again. Events for it to draw attention to it are planned in the near future and we really hope it'll take off. As far as I can read, the interest is definitely there so I'm really looking forward to it!

That's really good to hear! Hope it goes well. 

19 minutes ago, 7126 said:

Just do it, I don’t understand why ULSA is okay but this is considered taboo 

Because high school and university aren't the same thing. 

It's like comparing kindergarten/nursery to actual school. Totally different regimes, expectations, and responsibilities. 

Stop all the bitching and just give it a shot. If it fails, shut it down. Nobody will know how great or how bad it can be until it's actually done. I've noticed a trend in the gang scene and feel this could actually do more help than harm. Sure there will be the bad apples, but weed them out and eventually you'll end up with a solid product. I've noticed a few people against it without having a single clue.

Edited by Kuma
On 7/26/2021 at 4:47 AM, Maxim said:

I'm currently in charge of public education on behalf of the state government, and back when I was introduced to the whole idea I was told about the previous attempts to set something up like that. We, the state government, are still interested in exploring it as an option to introduce roleplay to both legal and illegal roleplayers, which is why I, along with a few others, started working on the foundations and how it should function. We have already gotten a principal and some other key-positions to ensure a high school can actually work and provide roleplay instead of just being a place with a bunch of mapping inside, and recruitment is open for teachers too (https://sagov.gta.world/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=106). But, that doesn't mean anything right now because we require LFM's approval - which is something we're working on, if approved - we'll be able to go ahead with the idea completely IC and kick things off.

We're aware that constructing a high school in Davis might create issues, but on the other hand /some/ crime still has to happen to allow the illegal community around to flourish. We decided to allow some illegal activities (within limits, and a huge no on anything sexual or that involves firearms), and those who join will need to submit an application and maintain the roleplay standards we set forth.

If anyone has any suggestions, or wants to help out feel free to reach out to me.

I really hope this thread will be able to help you guys figure everything out. 

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, Kuma said:

Stop all the bitching and just give it a shot. If it fails, shut it down. Nobody will know how great or how bad it can be until it's actually done. I've noticed a trend in the gang scene and feel this could actually do more help than harm. Sure there will be the bad apples, but weed them out and eventually you'll end up with a solid product. I've noticed a few people against it without having a single clue.

You have to take into consideration whether the effort is truly worth it. It's not as easy as just using a command to set everything up. Management would have to organise a faction, mapping, exteriors, interiors, leadership, and everything inbetween.

There will probably have to be some type of risk assessment on whether the time and effort being put into this project would yield any positive results. Nobody is going to put in all that work only for it to fall flat on its feet a month later — it simply doesn't work that way.

• Wuhtah locked this topic