Davis High School rp

blast

My problem with this, is most gangbangers who are kids and get thrown in prison would realistically end up no longer kids cause of how long they'd be in prison for.

That and, let's face it. It'd be a shootout/MCI every other day cause any arguement seems to devolve into a shootout.

• Upvote 1
55 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

Yeah, God forbid we add any depth to street gang roleplay. Can’t have any of that! 

This. Most of the people trying to shoot this idea down have literally never done any gang roleplay, I've no clue why are they even speaking on this project directed de facto toward the illegal community only. I don't recall gang roleplayers trying to shoot down ULSA.

28 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

This. Most of the people trying to shoot this idea down have literally never done any gang roleplay, I've no clue why are they even speaking on this project directed de facto toward the illegal community only. I don't recall gang roleplayers trying to shoot down ULSA.

You aware, that school as it is, is funded by state money, teachers are not gangsters?

Given the reputation Davis actually has, being called many names IG from Afganistan to Hell...you think people would actually be willing to send their characters there to try their luck on school roleplay? If you want a ground to stage brawls and shootouts, you don't need a school. Besides I did gang rp before and I lived in Vespucci during the peak of gang violence, so don't go that way if you don't know what you are talking about.

Edited by Engelbert
2 hours ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

I've got way too many opinions on how gang roleplay is executed on this server, and this is coming from someone who tried running a relatively unique group in 2018, but failed due to the general vibe of the playerbase (at the time) and dependency on admins for the supplier program.

But regardless of this, I'm against the idea because I'm against people roleplaying children. The server's IC demographics is already way too young as it is, and I'd hate for it to get even younger. The novelty will no doubt wear off, and the school regime won't be enforced nor work in practice because of OOC constraints. It's a fun idea, but not one that can benefit the server in the long run.

Edited by Aquila
hey

I'd love to see something like this put into place for the illegal community, the issue I've come to after reading the this is that I don't think it would be fair to give only Davis a high school. If this is something that we would like to strive for in the illegal community in south central, then we should create a high school within south side that's for all of the area and not limit it to Davis, this solves a lot of issues that I foresee, such as not having enough players around the area to roleplay with which in turn may lead to negative experiences time after time until it dies out. Even if the majority of the schools population are gangbangers that's fine, there will be a decent amount of people who wish to roleplay in the school that are not as well, though the age rule would need to be changed or tweaked to provide that as already mentioned, it's also a great opportunity for illegal roleplayers to make contacts, spy on each other, have a place to learn, there's endless opportunities for roleplay. With that said, there does need to be a set of strict rules surrounding it, and has to be lead by people that are dedicated to its cause, but all in all I support the idea, it would be great for south central to have more places to have an excuse to roleplay around. Just wanna add that I'm primarily a legal roleplayer for the time being, yet I do dabble in illegal on a more solo front. The people dismissing this idea because of a few bad apples shouldn't jump to conclusions that the whole area is full of bad roleplayers, there's plenty in south central who know how to roleplay and do it well so try to keep that in mind when voicing your opinions.

• Upvote 1

To make this project successful you definitely need LFM + IFM on board with the idea. They would have to set the guidelines pertaining to the high-school and would have to put leadership in place that’s able to enforce these guidelines. 

Honestly, your best bet is to put leadership in place that’s respected by the illegal community and also leadership that’s respected by the legal community since there seems to be a huge divide between both communities right now.  

I would like to see either Davis High-school or McKinley High-school being added in to the server as it can create more role-play for legal and illegal role-players. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

Gangbanging and going to college are usually mutually exclusive, so this wasn't really a problem that ULSA faced. Usually any gang members who do manage to get into college have a genuine desire to try and get away from their gang life.

With regards to a high school, I think if done correctly, this could be good for Davis & the community, but it requires some mature thought about how to ensure it doesn't turn into anything like the concerns people have raised on this thread.

A few thoughts:
1) Such a high school should have it's own identity and focus on portraying a US High School to which gang members (and presumably non-gang members), can attend. It should not exist for the sole purpose of giving 'gang RPers' an extra place to RP and act out gang RP in a school setting.

2) All gang members will know and have friends who are not criminal, and a high school can be a great place where that gap is bridged - both at the school and also the involvement with other factions that being at school affords. Some examples - RP with School Resource Officers, RP with teachers in classes or otherwise. RP with other pupils, RP with other factions (such as day trips to visit a fire station or to use a local college's athletics facilities for a physical training class, etc).

3) It will need very strong leaders not afraid of suspending / expelling pupils on the spot for doing things that would deserve such punishments, because the truth is, we know there will be lots of trouble at school that is comprised almost entirely of 'gang' affiliated children if it's not strictly enforced.

4) Such players also need to have the support that the subsequent ridiculous CK apps that will follow because 'you expelled my character, or 'you ratted out my character to the principle' will be squashed and denied.

5) There are obviously a lot of concerns about portrayal of criminality and potential sexualization of minors around such an institution but I think that's already been covered. enough on the thread.

6) Assuming this wouldn't be a script faction per se (because most pupils will be in other factions), perhaps it's worth considering to 'open' the school on set days / hours? Both pupils and teachers alike will then know when to be around the school for RP rather than randomly turning up only to find out it's empty.

Edited by Alyssa McCarthy
  • Upvote 2
  • Wuhtah locked this topic