Davis High School rp

blast

Just now, getmoney said:

nah i know people from nellas irl and they gangn members, u capping 

lowkey, just noticed i was wrong about how big compton high is
its still hella big but not as big as i wrote down, so i just edited that bit cause i based it off like the 2016 design they have for it which they havent started buildin yet

EITHER way though, you can't say i'm cappin bout that whole homicide rate bit
plus lowkey i don't think Davis can't be compared to Compton just cause of the fact that people aren't restricted to only making compton gangs in Davis

right now there's like watts gangs, compton gangs, and south central gangs all in Davis and people usually make up their own politics
at this point? we've cliqued up with front street icly, through our development and all that, and as a result? if 74 hoover and front street ever beef? we as 51 troubles and 52 hoovers would probably take front street's side due to the development thats already happened

my point is... its just a game and while high school roleplay WOULD be fun to have, there are tons of things we need first before we get a high school in
literally need some Davis and Rancho businesses... try to get the mall active... etc before we focus on Deathmatch High

I like how people are trying to pull out real life, when 1 - we have smaller city and not as much people and 2 - literally everyone around there is either a gangbanger or a hangaround. Honestly stop comparing uncomparable. Davis had some businesses, bars, even fast food and LTD before. Daily shootings, murders and robberies drove everyone who wasn't willing to rp a gangster, away.

Edited by Engelbert
5 hours ago, LICE said:

It's more the fact I don't trust people not to sexualise kids.

Yeah I'm not sure whose idea it was to allow people to roleplay kids, especially in this current socio-political climate where more and more famous people are being caught out for being paedophiles.

1 hour ago, Engelbert said:

I like how people are trying to pull out real life, when 1 - we have smaller city and not as much people and 2 - literally everyone around there is either a gangbanger or a hangaround. Honestly stop comparing uncomparable. Davis had some businesses, bars, even fast food and LTD before. Daily shootings, murders and robberies drove everyone who wasn't willing to rp a gangster, away.

That's what bothers me about the culture on this server right now — people compare this game and map way too much to real life, and it makes no sense. For example, we have a perfectly good prison in existence on the map, but instead of using it, we're using the NOOSE HQ because "Bolingbroke irl is a federal prison" but it isn't one in the game, it's a state prison

The real life comparisons need to be thrown out the window, because they're just limiting both the environment, and potential RP.

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Engelbert said:

1 - we have smaller city and not as much people

queue that one kind of person to appear and tell us that we have to rp los santos as being big and full of people, which just doesn't work, and for anyone curious this attitude comes from discussions around the continuity thread

real life comparisons in this context are cited far too much and they're usually invalid, the line has to be drawn somewhere and you have to take the map at face value, i've tried pretending that the map is much bigger than it is but with the time scale it doesn't match up unless you're doing screenshot rp by yourself

the island in this game is actually the size of (if not smaller) than compton, ulsa itself is tiny compared to ucla, and well done to all the people who don't cause inconsistencies by pretending otherwise, and this goes hand in hand with the inconsistencies @Craazy pointed out regarding gangs

if a school does come in, i am certain that real life accuracy, especially matching la, is going to be the least of its issues

• Upvote 1
On 7/26/2021 at 5:25 AM, Engelbert said:

This was an idea long time ago, I guess nobody wanted to roleplay teachers in Davis. Everyone was worried school would turn into gang warzone, which it would.

Especially since the entire demographic for HS are gang members.

I've had a similar suggestion on the server, LSRP before. I talked about a whitelisting system where classes could be announced through the use of Discord, Illegal Faction Management and Official Gang Facs to manage the school and ensure everything goes smoothly, some of the things I've originally thought of would be; 

Classes will no longer take more than five minutes, with only basic and fun lessons being taught, such as, gym classes, which can range from basketball, to track and field, to football, or you could learn swimming lessons, or maybe just sitting in class and talking with your friends whilst the teacher is giving his/her lesson.

Gang roleplay would be more enhanced through the medium of an LS Highschool, with many gang role-players currently present in our server, the interactions between rival faction would seem interesting, with brawls happening right outside, or as previously stated before, a fight in a bathroom or just fighting out in public, there would have to be admins on stand-by though, and probably someone from Law Enforcement assigned to that specific school, there's a role called SROs, or School Resource Officers who would act as "security guards" - etc etc.

• Upvote 1

We have seen what kind of shit show was going on at Davis LTD on a daily basis back when the business was active, let alone how people "portray" their underage characters and the rat tail that comes with it. Same would happen with Deathmath High even with admins 24/7 overviewing the grounds.

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic