Davis High School rp

blast

Considering how many people go to a University to mess around, shoot people etc even though it's kind of tucked away in the wealthier side of town a high school in Davis is gonne be 10x worse. Look at what happened with the gas station in the ghetto, was constantly a shootout to the point admins stepped in and stopped the lease, I think?

Until the community mentality changes drastically and people actually RP their characters life etc I can't see it working out.

Edited by Jura

I guess I should probably offer some insight here.

I'll address the huge elephant in the room, because it's one of the first questions I was hit with when creating ULSA.

Crime

No school / college faction is going to be allowed unless it can demonstrate that it can control it's crime - that's why in the early days of ULSA we had to be extremely strict on this issue as we did have a lot of 'gangbanger' characters from Davis applying to join.

We had to be clear that coming to a college similar is setting itself to UCLA standards means it's a very rare person who can join a gang, involve themselves in crime and then want (let alone have the grades), to go to a middle class college.

While not a college, any High School will introduce it's own set of problems and have it's own set of issues.

1) Server rule on character ages. (aka High School vs Gangbanger High)

Currently, making a 14-15 year old requires that you are on the life towards joining a gang - this necessitates that everyone enrolling as a freshman at such a high school is essentially a gangbanger in the making.

This rule would have to change, otherwise what is being portrayed isn't a high school, it's gangbanger High. While gang members almost certainly attend high schools, they are in the minority and far outnumbered by children who are unaffiliated with gangs.

As non criminal characters are not allowed to make 14-15 year old's, this introduces a problem.

To change this and to realistically portray a school, you'd need the server rule to change - I'm not saying it's impossible, but you have to understand there are also specific reasons why people can't make 14-15 year old's so there is going to be a conflict of views on whether that should be allowed.

2) Location

People have called this out, but the first few months of ULSA was extremely difficult while people tried to 'test' the waters when it came to tolerable levels of crime at ULSA. If a school is opened on the doorstep of one of the biggest gang neighborhoods, this could very easily spiral out of control unless managed properly - so the location of any high school needs to be taken carefully into consideration.

3) Unrealistic levels of crime / escalation/
 While I realize some members of the criminal community would like to have seen ULSA to allow higher levels of violent crime, the reality is a college like UCLA has CCTV on every corner, it's own police department, and is more secure than most government buildings. Server staff also do not want schools & college RP to degenerate into 'school shooting fantasy RP' and this was something discussed at length when ULSA was setup.

I'm saying this because any similar school would also need to layout plans to FM on how it would control and prevent this - especially because almost all people attending would be illegal RPers (unless the above age rule was changed) & even then, they'd still be far higher in propensity.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 2
10 hours ago, celestialrage said:

absolutely not. a high school? yes. a high school in davis? no.

put it somewhere like vespucci / vinewood etc where crime isn't rife.

Maybe somewhere in the middle of the city because it won't make sense to have people IRL driving all the way from Davis to Vespucci or Vinewood to go to school. That'd be like driving from Compton to Hollywood to go to a public school, which is a 45 minute IRL drive. 

5 hours ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

I guess I should probably offer some insight here.

I'll address the huge elephant in the room, because it's one of the first questions I was hit with when creating ULSA.

Crime

No school / college faction is going to be allowed unless it can demonstrate that it can control it's crime - that's why in the early days of ULSA we had to be extremely strict on this issue as we did have a lot of 'gangbanger' characters from Davis applying to join.

We had to be clear that coming to a college similar is setting itself to UCLA standards means it's a very rare person who can join a gang, involve themselves in crime and then want (let alone have the grades), to go to a middle class college.

While not a college, any High School will introduce it's own set of problems and have it's own set of issues.

1) Server rule on character ages. (aka High School vs Gangbanger High)

Currently, making a 14-15 year old requires that you are on the life towards joining a gang - this necessitates that everyone enrolling as a freshman at such a high school is essentially a gangbanger in the making.

This rule would have to change, otherwise what is being portrayed isn't a high school, it's gangbanger High. While gang members almost certainly attend high schools, they are in the minority and far outnumbered by children who are unaffiliated with gangs.

As non criminal characters are not allowed to make 14-15 year old's, this introduces a problem.

To change this and to realistically portray a school, you'd need the server rule to change - I'm not saying it's impossible, but you have to understand there are also specific reasons why people can't make 14-15 year old's so there is going to be a conflict of views on whether that should be allowed.

2) Location

People have called this out, but the first few months of ULSA was extremely difficult while people tried to 'test' the waters when it came to tolerable levels of crime at ULSA. If a school is opened on the doorstep of one of the biggest gang neighborhoods, this could very easily spiral out of control unless managed properly - so the location of any high school needs to be taken carefully into consideration.

3) Unrealistic levels of crime / escalation/
 While I realize some members of the criminal community would like to have seen ULSA to allow higher levels of violent crime, the reality is a college like UCLA has CCTV on every corner, it's own police department, and is more secure than most government buildings. Server staff also do not want schools & college RP to degenerate into 'school shooting fantasy RP' and this was something discussed at length when ULSA was setup.

I'm saying this because any similar school would also need to layout plans to FM on how it would control and prevent this - especially because almost all people attending would be illegal RPers (unless the above age rule was changed) & even then, they'd still be far higher in propensity.

You hit the nail right in the head.

12 hours ago, celestialrage said:

absolutely not. a high school? yes. a high school in davis? no.

put it somewhere like vespucci / vinewood etc where crime isn't rife.

wtf would the point of that be when only gang characters are allowed to be under 16 and almost all under 18 chars are in davis, rancho or strawberry, ud just be making half the server have to travel to the other side of the city to go to school

39 minutes ago, LoLo.Jpg said:

Sounds like a dm zone, going to have kids coming to school the next day with guns shooting people, etc. Nah, lol. Most of the RP'ers will be gang members, won't even be fun. 

24/7 Deathmatching drug dealing underage ERP flex fest 2021. Sunday sunday sunday.

• Upvote 1

Yes. It would be great, but no. Why do we need an application process? Just keep the shit mallrats to their side of LS and let us have this. Not sure why this is  LFM issue, it should be IFM since everyone there has to be tied to a gang due to server rules.

I don’t see why it shouldn’t exist with some obvious restrictions. This will be great for the overall vibe of south central and will provide something new to do in the area. For all those complaining about shooting or whatever, it’s as simple as making it a rule that prohibits shootings and serious crimes on campus while fades, dope dealing, and other realistic shit is fair game.

Edited by voucher
  • Wuhtah locked this topic