How old is your character?

caballero

How old is your character?  

184 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've been struggling to find characters that are over 30. Personally I currently roleplay a 32 year old, oldest I've rp'd was my crime ring leader which was 45.

Do you feel that there's too many young characters? If yes, what do you think it's their motivation behind making a younger character? 

Edited by Santanaa
8 minutes ago, Santanaa said:

I've been struggling to find characters that are over 30. Personally I currently roleplay a 32 year old, oldest I've rp'd was my crime ring leader which was 45.

Do you feel that there's too many young characters? If yes, what do you think it's their motivation behind making a younger character? 

There's an active discussion about this very same subject. I've noticed a lot of older characters (relatively speaking) hang around Paleto Bay or Sandy Shores.

My character (Michel Quentin) is over 70 years old, specifically 73. I rarely ever see such old people on GTA:W tbh and I think it'd be cool to see more, even people aged 60.

Yes I feel very much there are way too much young characters. I assume people create young characters because they can more easily relate to them on a personal level. Most of us playing on GTA:W I assume are in our 20's to maybe mid 30's in general, ofc there might be older and there is very much younger than 20's. I just think it really is just because people want a character who is their age in real life, with their experience and knowledge. That's my guess?

I don't have much more to add or I'd repeat myself.

tl:dr: people do young characters because they can relate to them personally because a lot of the player base is in such age-range

My characters since I returned to the server in late 2020 have been, in this order: 28, 24 (this being my current main character), 21 and 60.

I think the apparent abundance of young characters happens because of the sheer concentration of teens in gang areas (since the concept necessitates that most characters are teens) as well as the fact that even if I don't have hard data to back this up, from general experience it seems that the GTAW playerbase is typically closer to 20 than they are to 30. Many players are of an age in which they can relate to an 18 year old directly and easily. Added to how most people seem to view a 30 year old character like they were 50, it further adds to this impression that the GTAW playerbase is young, and people play what's familiar to them. Also with a younger playerbase you also get more people interested in action and erotica (aided by the themes of GTA as a base game), rather than the potentially fun writing exercise of being in the mind of a 50 year old divorced dad or whatever.

I rarely make younger characters for that same reason: I'm 28 IRL and I'm not in tune with pop culture anymore, and in a game about real life I just don't want to sound like my 17 year old gangbanger doesn't know all the referential pop culture stuff that everyone else knows like they were locked up in a room their whole life until I created them, so I stay away.

Younger characters also have broader opportunity. The server doesn't care that you're a 20 year old self-made millionaire for the most part if there's RP behind it, even if they complain about it.

2 minutes ago, TrollingModz said:

My character (Michel Quentin) is over 70 years old, specifically 73. I rarely ever see such old people on GTA:W tbh and I think it'd be cool to see more, even people aged 60.

Come play Dominoes when I open my South Central barber shop.

Edited by Koko
  • Upvote 1
35 minutes ago, Koko said:

Come play Dominoes when I open my South Central barber shop.

I have the same struggles as you, in that it's harder to roleplay a young person because I don't get a lot of the pop culture references. But, it seems like a lot of the references are just part of internet culture of the Z Generation.

Also I wanna see how that barber shop RP pans out. In my head I'm thinking Ice Cube's Barbershop film series, but then I'm thinking... RP server and barbershop?

All I'm hoping is that it goes well and it progresses. I want something like that because barbershops seem like cool places to hang out or pass through.

oldest character i had was an ETOC enforcer that was 38 years old

nowadays all my characters are pretty young.

1 is a ricer that's 23

1 is a serbian organized crime associate that's 22

1 is a crip which is 19

last is a deputy which is 28

had reggie kingston who i namechanged at 33, now he's living in the bahamas

• Wuhtah locked this topic