Construction worker

Corazon

Short description: Implementing a new job called ''Construction worker''

Detailed description: I cycled through a few spots on the map and also cycled through these not finished constructions. An idea came up how cool it would be when people would RP there working. As there's ''farming'' on GTA W, why not adding something similar down in Los Santos? Tasks are given to the player, similar to ''farming''.

How Does It Work?

To begin, you will visit the yellow leaf some icon icon marked on the map.

Grand-Theft-Auto-V-Screenshot-2021-07-25

Pressing Y at the marker will recruit you as a farmer construction worker. Once you have the farmer job construction worker job, use /startfarm  construction to begin.

On your minimap, you will now see locations marked for you. For example you have to pick up bags of something to place them somewhere else.  Using tools like a shovel to dig a hole because something is going to set in concrete. Making the concrete with the bags you just picked up. There are alot of possibilities as these constuctions are big and got several floors. Sadly not used yet.  Using vehicles for a certain work or even drive around with a concrete mixer to other constructions (After reaching some playtime on the job?) I'm pretty sure, there are people here having alot of ideas for this kind of job.

Commands to add: /startconstruction 

Items to add: -

How would your suggestion improve the server? Especially for starters this is a nice way to start but also for everyone else starting a new character. Currently there is a farmer job up in Sandy Shores. Someone who want's to RP in a southern part of the map could use this job as a good way to start. Depends of their story of course. People RPing jumping off the boat in LS to start over new after leaving their hometown for example could use this job as there's not much left for them to work yet and they probably need to get on money for their living. Depends how many people would use this job, it could be a nice way to get in contact with other peoples, making connections or what ever.

Additional information: -

Edited by Corazon
  • Upvote 2

Oh absolutely. I feel like there's a lot of benefits to this, generally making these areas feel a little more useful and lively. A nice blue-collar job that would fit a lot of different people's backstory. Would also make use of the jackhammer and welding animations, etc. 

Hey!

As running one of the few constructions companies IG, our goal has mainly been promoting blue collar RP in this field, and for this, the company we originate from and ended up taking over lobbied to the GOV for this IC'ly, put a public bid which was chosen, and we were assigned to map the city hall and allowed to RP the labor on the site right next to it.

As we speak, we have actual construction supervisors at the site who loosely RP the OSHA guidelines, guide the labor workforce with fun tasks to RP and pay them.

The point I'm trying to make is, there is room for all this to be done via IC means. There's an actual active construction site with supervisors who assign tasks.
There's other construction companies and I believe more contracts coming too.

The Port Authority is another example of how there's from directors, supervisors, and all shifts are actually roleplayed.

Introducing a command would only be a step backward and promote poor quality NPC RP.

Edited by Rusnak
2 hours ago, Rusnak said:

Hey!

As running one of the few constructions companies IG, our goal has mainly been promoting blue collar RP in this field, and for this, the company we originate from, and took over lobbied to the GOV for this IC'ly, put a public bid which was chosen, and we were assigned to map the city hall and allowed to RP the labor on the site right next to it.

As we speak, we have actual construction supervisors at the site who loosely RP the OSHA guidelines, guide the labor workface with fun tasks to RP and pay them.

The point I'm trying to make is, there is room for all this to be done via IC means. There's an actual active construction site with supervisors who assign tasks.
There's other construction companies and I believe more contracts coming too.

The Port Authority is another example of how there's from directors, supervisors, and all shifts are actually roleplayed.

Introducing a command would only be a step backward and promote poor quality NPC RP.

Wow! that's awesome!, I've been roleplaying a construction worker usually labor / HVAC for the longest time solo due to the fact it's so rare to find anyone else who roleplays it. Awesome, definitely going to look into you guys.

t6GQDlQ.png 

Definitely support this idea!

• Upvote 1
21 hours ago, LoLo.Jpg said:

Wow! that's awesome!, I've been roleplaying a construction worker usually labor / HVAC for the longest time solo due to the fact it's so rare to find anyone else who roleplays it. Awesome, definitely going to look into you guys.

t6GQDlQ.png 

Definitely support this idea!

Love it! We're always looking for people who want to RP blue collar, so feel free to reach out if it interests you! 🙂

I already kind of perform many "construction worker" RP activities in-game whilst being in the Los Santos Government faction, working for their Department of Public Works.

Yes, the "job" itself is not scripted and, therefore, you don't have to type any specific commands to do your thing. You just perform passive RP with your buddies and whatnot whenever you want, and in 7 irl days you receive your government employee paycheck which is quite huge for a new player who needs money.

With that being said, I don't think the purpose of this suggestion is that useful for the server. You can seek either a legal faction to go after that RP or join a company that does. So, my humble opinion is NO, not needed.

Edited by Parallel
  • Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic