Middle aged/older characters?

shaobadman

11 hours ago, Wuhtah said:

Alright guys - who is ready for bingo night?

I hope you're not joking, because bingo would actually be proper sick on this server.

Make it happen, no pressure.

9 hours ago, nateX said:

I and some friends roleplay characters in their late 30s or early 40s. I find it more engaging and interesting to roleplay someone of age instead of a teenager or young adult, gives more free room and more interesting conversations with randoms.

Agreeing with this! Being young limits my conversations to typical ones, but on my older characters it's more challenging but rewarding. The conversations you could have as an older character have more life to them, while a younger person feels too easy and is mostly influenced by internet culture.

What really bothers me to this day is the fact that there are young police officers holding decent ranks in the service. A lot of people I've seen in law enforcement factions don't seem to have any flaws or injuries that they recovered from either, whether it's mental or physical.

Let's say, for example, that I'm working in a prison in my late 20s to early 30s, and I held this position for a couple years. I may not have sustained injuries because I've been careful, but mentally I may not be completely there. I may have witnessed deaths, or had people shout threats and abuse at me. Police officers on this server probably go through the same thing, and usually it isn't easy to recover from these experiences, especially if you're a young person.

8 hours ago, Planters80mm said:

I actually always preferred to roleplay older characters. I think that the physical flaws actually fuel the roleplay. Although the problem is still to meet people your age. Going to loud "boom boom clubs" doesn't fit older characters. I personally found it easier to be in the county area as an older character. 

Also it seems that most characters above 35 are usually males. I rarely seen women above 35. I still don't know why most women on this server are super hot and attractive girls with the perfect body.

But playing with an older char is really fun and enjoyable. You can use older expressions and fashion yourself like the 80s/90s. More should try it! 

Oh and being a boomer is fun. It really makes some interaction with younger people funny. Especially if.you.roleplay a character that has difficulty with technology.

That's what I've noticed as well — when I was up in Blaine County on my adult character, I found more people aged 30+, which was pretty refreshing. They're in bars just hanging out and talking about manual labour or a fight their friend got into. That type of stuff is really immersive, especially compared to a 20 year old talking about what truck they want to buy the next day.

17 minutes ago, Late said:

Habeeb is 38. 

Still no excuse why he doesn't keep contact with old friends. Expect a fatwa with his name on it.

13 minutes ago, Aquila said:

I hope you're not joking, because bingo would actually be proper sick on this server.

Mr. Liu's in Little Seoul hosts Bingo nights and they're fun as hell. Look out for the next opening, it used to be on Fridays but I think there hasn't been one in a minute. I'll talk to the owner.

4 minutes ago, Glitch said:

Hello fellow middle-aged(?) taxi driver! Hopefully we cross paths out there.

My character is 28 and has very occasionally had passengers older than him. Nearly everyone who actually bothers to RP an older character has been great in my book. Could just be a thing of numbers though.

The moment I started, I did realise that it's a good job for seeing some variety, but older people have still been rare and I'm 100% sure someone's going to come in with a "well they drive their own cars because they're OLD so you can't see them". 

• Wuhtah locked this topic