TTCF, SD, and visitation - A discussion.

Darcin

I feel like you completely ignored, or perhaps misunderstood my post.

I didn't say a word about how anyone was RPing. I said that, as per the server continuity thread, the reason TTCF is used as both a county jail and a prison for sentenced inmates is due to the other state facility being considered overcrowded, as the staff feel we lack the population to actually make use of it.

4 minutes ago, Darcin said:

I said that, as per the server continuity thread, the reason TTCF is used as both a county jail and a prison for sentenced inmates is due to the other state facility being considered overcrowded, as the staff feel we lack the population to actually make use of it.

Can you quote it for me? Because I know for a fact that every single solid jail roleplayer does not see TTCF as a prison.

57 minutes ago, Darcin said:

So you feel that our Park Ranger faction provides more to the server than a faction dedicated to consistently having guards available for prisoners?

As a Park Ranger, this is just kind of a moot point. I made a Park Ranger precisely because me myself as a player had no interest in joining either PD or SD and having a focus on police work, so I play in a faction in which my LEO duties can be secondary. Likewise, a good portion of players that become Park Rangers wouldn't be in the other LEO factions.

Would a faction built exclusively around TTCF bring good things? I'd tend to say yes, but again, if it's necessary to put mandatory TTCF hours to begin with in one of the largest factions of the server and still that doesn't cover it, I don't think the interest can be built in a meaningful way because the segment of the population with a legitimate long-term interest in this sort of RP is just really small. I understand that if you're in a car and playing a lifer you can find much enjoyment in jail, but the way things are the current system just isn't good for the small-time, possibly one-off criminal and I honestly can't think of any way in which to help the issue.

2 hours ago, Darcin said:

I've seen it said such quite a few times over the year I've been on the server. It'd take me hours of hunting through every thread to find references of it, but @Keane could confirm or deny the reason Bolingbrook isn't in use.

I personally don't understand why we can't just roleplay that Bolingbroke is a state prison instead of a federal one? What difference does it make?

Just an update to satiate the masses, significant changes are underway to the custody program and we've brought back some old hands to Make Jail Great Again. It's not an overnight thing but assuming the success of our endeavors many of these problems should be rectified in due time. I appreciate any and all feedback, but I also encourage folks to apply for custody assistant (or deputy sheriff if you can dedicate 45 minutes a day, there is no requirement to patrol) and help be part of the change. In a reasonable amount of time, I'll post updates to the community on the SD & You thread with any progress.

Edited by Jonesy
  • Wuhtah locked this topic