TTCF, SD, and visitation - A discussion.

Darcin

Although I have a character in the LSSD, I'll try make this opinion as unbiased as possible.

I currently feel that the members who play full-time deputies handle TTCF well, could it be better in some people's eyes? Of course, there's always room for improvement. Members try to be as active as they can with TTCF but they also have other roleplay to attend to outside of it, for example; K9 or DD. A lot of their roleplay can take up a bunch of time for them. This is where the custody assistant comes in to play, if you want to be apart of the TTCF team, apply to be a custody assistant, you can do everything a deputy can do as long as it is inside of TTCF.

TLDR: Apply to be a custody assistant today! 😎

14 hours ago, orangejuice said:

Time to beat me up some inmates 😄

Take their court case on one character, beat them up while in jail on the other and make them pay you more on the first character to hurry it along. You just found the golden formula 🤑

In terms of visitations, I understand the frustration, but I can also see that SD is a faction filled with people who really wants something out of their character. I personally think bringing 'friends' along could be rewarding, making sure that you have someone in the jail on your side to talk with, as it would help with the slower periods. I however have no real experience with the goings on of the inside, so I'll assume they got a decent system they hope to improve upon so that prisoners see it that way too.

• Upvote 1

I saw increasing sentences mentioned and I gotta ask, do you know if you plead not guilty your sentence time is 9999999 hours until you have a court case?

And if your character is out in jail for something they didn't do, or had valid legal reason to do and the cop just didn't want to hear it, your "not meant to be a criminal and not made for jailhouse rp" character is now indefinitely in TTCF until someone can get around to your case in the Judiciary faction. It completely removes you from any rp you may have been involved in for potentially weeks. 

This is why I believe there should be a change. The options I'm seeing here are:

Make a faction purely for TTCF.

Make visitation NPCable as far as guards.

Push SD back into its older role, where TTCF was a primary focus.

The last one doesn't seem very viable, though. 

I've always found these topics to be somewhat intriguing. They typically start with "I don't want to bash XYZ" and then it almost always descends into chaos, with a significant number of people jumping on the bandwagon of "They don't care about this, they don't care about that". This topic has been absolutely no exception.

I think that it's important that people try and consider the bigger picture when discussing these things, including looking at the past and acknowledging the issues of that. The whole "Department of Corrections" holler is clearly not taking into consideration the issues of exactly that type of system in other communities. It's always the same sort of thing that comes up. It gets set up, it peaks for about a month at best and then it trails off and eventually is left dorment. This is not the answer.

I think it's also worthwhile considering what was actually flagged up by @Darcin. Let's start with the visitation angle. First off, when considering how many people are required to man the jail, we look at the number of inmates and make a judgement off of that. We cannot legislate for the number of people looking to visit, as there's no prior warning to this happening. Even at that, we're manning the jail to enhance the roleplay of inmates. While we certainly want to enhance the roleplay of everybody who interacts with the jail, that's simply not always feasible for the reasons outlined above.

I also disagree with the notion that inmates are "stuck roleplaying with themselves". We have guards on for when there are inmates on; it doesn't necessarily mean a visitation can happen. To jump to this conclusion simply because a visitation wasn't processed is radical and not based on any real trend. Indeed, various jail activities are happening throughout the day every day, from more basic things such as yard release and laundry, all the way to inmate details outwith the prison, involving large scale logistics operations to make it possible.

Again, this topic seems a little like a knee-jerk reaction to one or two incidents and as is typically the case, it's blown up and taken completely out of context or proportion. Bandwagon jumpers will be bandwagon jumpers, but that doesn't mean that these yells are indicative to what's going on, or even acknowledging the progress that's been made from this fresh look at what should be happening in a correctional facility on a roleplay server.

• Upvote 1

Your whole post there was a lot of 'I disgree, bunch of kneejerks, bandwagon post', but didn't provide much reason as to why for any of it.

It's been established that the majority feel prison duty is boring and SD would rather be out there catching the bad guys. That's fair. But the point of this topic is to find some sort of middle ground or better way to facilitate inmates, their RP, and their visitation. As TTCF duty doesn't seem to be something many LSSD members take much enjoyment out of, why not a new faction take over TTCF?

Los Santos Department of Corrections. We have Park rangers. We have life guards, While both add flavor, neither seem quite as important as a faction dedicated to RPing with, and facilitating RP for our endless number of inmates.

16 minutes ago, Darcin said:

Your whole post there was a lot of 'I disgree, bunch of kneejerks, bandwagon post', but didn't provide much reason as to why for any of it.

It's been established that the majority feel prison duty is boring and SD would rather be out there catching the bad guys. That's fair. But the point of this topic is to find some sort of middle ground or better way to facilitate inmates, their RP, and their visitation. As TTCF duty doesn't seem to be something many LSSD members take much enjoyment out of, why not a new faction take over TTCF?

Los Santos Department of Corrections. We have Park rangers. We have life guards, While both add flavor, neither seem quite as important as a faction dedicated to RPing with, and facilitating RP for our endless number of inmates.

Because it's unrealistic to have a dept. of corrections and rehabilitation running a county jail? If SADCR was to be created, it would literally require that a state yard is created (mapped, scripted, manned, modded) and would split up the inmate population even more. You'd have 10 lifers online at the state prison and 30 people awaiting their trial in the county jail, thus the issue would still be there. What I believe, SD could do is establishing some sort shortened custodial assistant process, primarily offering the opportunity to contribute to jail roleplay to experienced jail rpers. Other than simplifying this process, there's not much they can do.

So you feel that our Park Ranger faction provides more to the server than a faction dedicated to consistently having guards available for prisoners?

*Edit*

TTCF is also used in dual-purpose for more than just a county jail. It's doubly used a prison for those sentenced. The continuity reason for this I believe is the other correctional facility is considered overpopulated.

Edited by Darcin
26 minutes ago, Darcin said:

So you feel that our Park Ranger faction provides more to the server than a faction dedicated to consistently having guards available for prisoners?

*Edit*

TTCF is also used in dual-purpose for more than just a county jail. It's doubly used a prison for those sentenced. The continuity reason for this I believe is the other correctional facility is considered overpopulated.

No, the park rangers don't provide more and I frankly doubt they ever will, however I'd rather not go down this path. To focus on your points; no, not every person roleplaying a "lifer" in county jail is roleplaying there because of overcrowding of the state yards. Some people roleplay it as being subpoenaed out in another trial, some roleplay it as if their characters were still in trial and some simply roleplay awaiting transfer to a state yard. In any case, having a department of corrections overseeing a county jail would be just silly and unrealistic. That's it.

Edited by i dont wanna od in LA
  • Wuhtah locked this topic