TTCF, SD, and visitation - A discussion.

Darcin

9 minutes ago, orangejuice said:

i believe their would be a more positive result from creating a legal faction simply to run the TTCF and nothing else

Forcing LSSD members against their will to do a minimum hours per month does not seem to be working. The majority of them do not want to do the hours and they make that extremely evident in their interactions both IC and OOC. Who can blame them? It’s essentially an unwanted chore in their way

yet I believe their are many people that would be interested in joining a jail guard style faction. I would myself, to take part in prison rp only, I just don’t currently want to be a full-time deputy with the wider range of duties

the civilian job does not seem of any point, as you cannot do anything without deputies (who do not want to be involved, nine out of ten times)

shout out Julian Reyes, he does seem to be pretty active jail wise 

Hey bud, you may be misinformed. Custody Assistants have full abilities within the jail to do essentially anything that a deputy can do in the jail, with very minor exceptions. The ONLY thing they can't do is work details outside of the facility, though even deputies require a Sergeant and permission from TTCF command to do those.

1 minute ago, Jonesy said:

Hey bud, you may be misinformed. Custody Assistants have full abilities within the jail to do essentially anything that a deputy can do in the jail, with very minor exceptions. The ONLY thing they can't do is work details outside of the facility, though even deputies require a Sergeant and permission from TTCF command to do those.

can u go on shift without a deputy? If so, that’s great. I was always told you couldn’t go and roleplay without a deputy being with you but the issue is the deputies are usually not present 

SD does not care about custody RP. They get on when they're obligated to or when jail activity becomes an overall issue, then they play for a week, then go back to doing their mandated five hours per month. If you try to force people into roleplaying in county when they'd clearly rather be doing anything else then that makes the entire thing no fun for anybody. 

I've had my experiences with SD in jail, plenty of them, and I'm sure everyone else has as well. However they're often so far apart from one another and typically brief that it loses any kind of potential to the atmosphere. 

When you're only spending a few days or even a week in jail, you might have a different experience with the activity than someone who's been roleplaying for months in the jail. That's not a bash on everyone, but you get a better look on things from the people who spend the most time roleplaying in that scene.

Well it's like anything no? People get bored. I enjoy a good night doing some club RP every few weeks or so but god forbid I'd throw myself out a window if you told me to do it daily. The SD players are people too n they RP what they wanna. Not all RP is interesting unfortunately. Standing still saying nothing during a visit is something a deputy does irl because they're paid to but it makes for poor and very boring storytelling.

I'll try to throw my two cents in as someone who was a custody assistant for 3-4 months and is currently roleplaying a deputy within the faction. 

Many people do not join an LEO faction with the idea of doing correctional based RP and many just enjoy the excitement and "every day holds something new" style of patrol over a fairly routine custody route. As someone who's done inmate roleplay myself before, during, and after joining the LSSD, you don't really see everything that goes on behind the scenes as an inmate. Custody RP can be very tedious and unfun for SD faction members at times. Although custody roleplay is what I joined SD to do and is my only real interest in the faction, the experience can go to shit real quick due to inactivity, trolls, and repetitiveness. Sometimes I'll get on and have 2-4 hours of rewarding roleplay for both deputies and inmates and other times the experience will be ruined by trolling or some other factor. It's easy to burn out and a lot of faction members with a lack of illegal or prison RP experience can get turnt off  after just one or two bad experiences in TTCF. I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, I'm just providing some context. A lot of times this is due to time zones as well, because on a lot of occasions you can find 20 inmates IG with 4-5 deputies to compliment it. While the system we have in place is far from perfect, I believe it works far better than the alternative of having a SADCR or DOC faction as a couple people on this thread have mentioned. SD members can step away from patrol RP to do custody and vice versa. A DOC faction would be plagued with inactivity because of how easy it is to burn out, as well as blatant inactivity on both the inmate and CO sides.

If you want to help out with custody RP, I'd recommend joining the faction as a CA or even a deputy. I believe that I was the only actual CA in the faction during my whole time in the position and I believe there's only one or two around now. It can be fun and awarding if you want to do correctional roleplay with low activity requirements. There isn't a lot of advancement or divisional opportunities as a CA, but it's a great roleplay experience. If you want to become a full deputy, there's a handful of custody based divisions such as OSJ, Parole, and the senior line deputy program that you can get into. 

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic