TTCF, SD, and visitation - A discussion.

Darcin

15 minutes ago, QuadTurboW16 said:

Your solution to a problem that doesn't even exist is to schedule guards to jail duty like this server is a part-time job? This makes no sense when the SD Discord is used for the same purpose.

I never said or suggested anything close to that.

Hey folks, speaking as the Sheriff I would like to say that jail activity is a very real concern. While we have done plenty to increase the amount of jail hours (see the chart), there is plenty that needs to be done yet to make the jail active. Obviously as time goes on the jail is continuing to improve and get more active, though our focus still remains quality over quantity. While there are minimum requirements and mandatory jail "shifts", forcing people into the jail for more than a varied amount of hours only results in burnout and subpar levels of effort put into jail RP. The varied patrol/jail aspect of TTCF is easily the most successful route and I will guarantee you that the GTA:W is more active than any other heavy roleplay server of comparable sizes' jail. That doesn't mean we are anywhere near where we want to be, however. The goal of this is to recruit faction members specifically interested in the jail aspect of the LSSD and retain them to boost more unique RP within TTCF. 

That's in a general context. In a more specific context, visitations, I will unfortunately say that the LSSD will never force deputies to do visitations even if they are on jail duty. Visitations are exceptionally boring for the deputy and there is nothing they can do except for roleplay with themselves, any time that the deputy tries to interact with the visitor / inmate and get somewhat involved they either get told to fuck off or threatened with a lawsuit. The LSSD will continue to try and work with illegal rpers and its own faction members to try and make the jail a better, more interactive place but we unfortunately do not have any intention of forcing or increasing the amount of visitations available as I am not comfortable making people who want to roleplay stand in a corner and watch Youtube on their second screen when they could be actively interacting with inmates or providing RP to the majority in the jail. 

Edit: The LSSD is always hiring custody assistants if you want to help out!

Edited by Jonesy
  • Applaud 1

Could the system be changed, then? Instead of requiring a deputy to be in with the inmates, add more cameras? Not every inmate in TTCF is a sentenced criminal and shouldn't be treated as a supermax sentenced inmate. I've visited friends IRL (In jail, not prison. Prison always had guards standing there) and it consisted of a guard in a booth while observing the cameras. Or perhaps in the terms of guarding a boring visitation, perhaps delegate that as one of the many unspoken NPC jobs? I understand it's boring guarding visitation. But the visitation shouldn't be so hard to do because of it. Realistically denying visitation because nobody feels like doing it is unconstitutional, and we do try and mirror RL as often as we can. There has to be a middle ground that can be found.

I spent four weeks in jail inside the segregated housing units as a female character and I can't praise the SD enough for the RP I was given. Perhaps it was the circumstances of my case but they made sure I always had RP even in segregation. It's probably boring for them to deal with the third fight of the day because a white inmate called a black inmate a slur yet again and I can't blame them for not wanting to partake in that. From my four weeks though I think they're doing an excellent job.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, LICE said:

I spent four weeks in jail inside the segregated housing units as a female character and I can't praise the SD enough for the RP I was given. Perhaps it was the circumstances of my case but they made sure I always had RP even in segregation. It's probably boring for them to deal with the third fight of the day because a white inmate called a black inmate a slur yet again and I can't blame them for not wanting to partake in that. From my four weeks though I think they're doing an excellent job.

When I did my time on a female character who was mostly restricted to the female block, I didn't receive this treatment. Odds are pretty high you're right in saying it may well have had something to do with your case as you said.

i believe their would be a more positive result from creating a legal faction simply to run the TTCF and nothing else

Forcing LSSD members against their will to do a minimum hours per month does not seem to be working. The majority of them do not want to do the hours and they make that extremely evident in their interactions both IC and OOC. Who can blame them? It’s essentially an unwanted chore in their way

yet I believe their are many people that would be interested in joining a jail guard style faction. I would myself, to take part in prison rp only, I just don’t currently want to be a full-time deputy with the wider range of duties

the civilian job does not seem of any point, as you cannot do anything without deputies (who do not want to be involved, nine out of ten times)

shout out Julian Reyes, he does seem to be pretty active jail wise 

6 minutes ago, orangejuice said:

i believe their would be a more positive result from creating a legal faction simply to run the TTCF and nothing else

Forcing LSSD members against their will to do a minimum hours per month does not seem to be working. The majority of them do not want to do the hours and they make that extremely evident in their interactions both IC and OOC. Who can blame them? It’s essentially an unwanted chore in their way

yet I believe their are many people that would be interested in joining a jail guard style faction. I would myself, to take part in prison rp only, I just don’t currently want to be a full-time deputy with the wider range of duties

the civilian job does not seem of any point, as you cannot do anything without deputies (who do not want to be involved, nine out of ten times)

shout out Julian Reyes, he does seem to be pretty active jail wise 

become a custody assistant. you dont need deputies to do stuff.

Edited by shill
  • Wuhtah locked this topic