TTCF, SD, and visitation - A discussion.

Darcin

I want to preface this by stating I'm not bashing the LSSD in any way. I understand people have lives outside of the game. This is not an attack on the faction. This is suggestions and a discussion to try and better the experience for the people locked in TTCF.

I've been an inmate at TTCF. I've visited plenty more over my time on the server. During all of this, I've noticed a fairly common trend: A lack of prison guards. Getting in for a visit can take literal hours out of someones day, just to RP a twenty minute visit. Sometimes, this can be attributed to a lack of SD members on. I get that. But there are times of the day where I'll pass 10 or more LSSD vehicles patrolling the roads on the way to TTCF.

Before anyone says 'well the player knew what they were getting into', I'd say otherwise. When I was arrested the process was not clearly explained to me. Especially not the plea system and the lack of any sort of trial or lawyers beforehand. I've spoken to others that felt the same.  There are also cases where someone is innocent, being set up, or wrong place wrong time that are having their RP stifled by the system as it is. Most folks that aren't there for prison RP, don't really enjoy how it is currently.

I feel that having guards at TTCF should be more of a priority, and I'll explain my reasoning.

One, these people have the majority of their RP privileges removed. If there's little to no other prisoners on, and no guards on? They're stuck playing with themselves and due to the lack of guards, can't even have someone come visit and RP. It's the responsibility of LSSD to look after these players, I feel, as TTCF is SD and only SD, rather than SD and PD. Can't even make use of the 'active roleplay x3' if there's nobody to actively roleplay with.

Two, with two law enforcement branches in the state, SD should be able to spare a body or two for staffing TTCF. I understand it's a boring job, but it's the job the character signs up for when joining SD, and the inmates have to suffer boredom as well. It's a crap job, no denying that. Just one that is required to keep a steady and fair handling of our inmates.

Three, it's my understanding that /jqreuest goes to SD's Discord(please correct me if I'm wrong here). Having a system that notifys members of the faction not even in game should be more utilized to help facilitate RP, not be so often ignored because nobody feels like it. It's a responsibility of the badge. Throw the inmates a bone.

tl;dr, inmates need more SD presence to facilitate their varying RP, SD is currently fully in charge of that, and some sort of middle ground or better system should be decided on to better help our players stuck in the can.

While it is our job as Deputies to police the jail and man it, we all have RP that we want to do as well. We also have mandatory hours that we have to complete in the jail. Often times when we all realize the jail has an abundance of inmates, they will make sure the jail is sufficiently staffed. 

"Before anyone says 'well the player knew what they were getting into', I'd say otherwise. When I was arrested the process was not clearly explained to me. Especially not the plea system and the lack of any sort of trial or lawyers beforehand. I've spoken to others that felt the same.  There are also cases where someone is innocent, being set up, or wrong place wrong time that are having their RP stifled by the system as it is. Most folks that aren't there for prison RP, don't really enjoy how it is currently."

Now when you were arrested, you're saying they didn't tell you how the plea system works for the server? And unfortunately we cannot actively RP taking you to a preliminary trial. I also think having people who are "set up or innocent" is actually a good thing as in modern day America, we have numerous cases like that... I also don't agree with the mentality that these "people are having their RP privileges removed." As that's almost a play to win mentality if you expect to never get caught, and then don't understand how time in a county jail would go down.

Each time I've been arrested the officers clearly explained the plea system (the first time anyway, the rest they were willing to explain before I stopped them). Unfortunately, this is just how jail/prison rp is. You won't get guards in non-peak hours because there are barely any roleplaying inmates. Why would a member of LSSD want to sit and afk in the hopes 1 person wants to roleplay. In addition, as far as I'm aware there is a LSSD Liason discord for inmates to request guards to come in game. Make use of that. I don't see any issues here

Here we go again...

imageonline-co-linechart.png

And yeah, like the previous comments mentioned, the SD Discord server coordinates activities in game. It's ridiculous to force guards to semi-AFK in jail hoping some inmate will logs on to roleplay while contributing nothing to the facility. Discussions like this serves no purpose and won't change anything as the currently system works fine for 99% of the server population.

Edited by QuadTurboW16
1 minute ago, QuadTurboW16 said:

Here we go again...

https://youtu.be/sIlNIVXpIns

that chart doesn't really do much aside from cheap shock because WOW TWO LINES FAR AWAY WOAAH but when you actually look into the numbers it doesnt make sense to throw this in front of people. change the SD faction member count data to instead be SD faction members total on duty hours, that's a much fairer comparison because i'd actually like to see how much they compare.

• Upvote 1

It would be nice but you can't really blame or criticize LSSD for time zone issues. 

Perhaps plan ahead with a guard OOC and schedule the role-play?

12 minutes ago, QuadTurboW16 said:

Here we go again...

That graph makes no sense.

20 minutes ago, Florida said:

It would be nice but you can't really blame or criticize LSSD for time zone issues. 

Perhaps plan ahead with a guard OOC and schedule the role-play?

Your solution to a problem that doesn't even exist is to schedule guards to jail duty like this server is a part-time job? This makes no sense when the SD Discord is used for the same purpose.

• Wuhtah locked this topic