About Dogs

6 minutes ago, Fancy Toothpaste said:

Was already said by a few people above but from my understanding of the rules (and mind you, in all my days of lurking I've only seen it show up once in the forum reports section) using a dog as a weapon is no buano. It has been done on this server, and I can even link you to screenshots where this can be seen, but as far as the server is concerned a dog cannot be used as a weapon unless consented to by the opposing party.

K-9's are used to sniff out drugs (amung other things), and civilian dogs are purely comsetic props for roleplay.

1 hour ago, orca112 said:

As far as I recall, you are not allowed to roleplay a dog attacking another player ('weaponize') or something along those lines. At least that is what I heard in regards to Police K9s. The same most likely applies to any other dog / cat one can purchase through the donator shop.

This isn't true. Police canines are regularly used to bite and hold people, and to assist in takedowns. The reason you might not have seen that in play is because people rarely roleplay it appropriately, and will commonly just ignore the roleplay and keep running - as well as being hard to type out quickly enough to begin with.

Police canines were used to hunt people, and assist in suspect apprehension, long before they were used to sniff out drugs, firearms, accelerants... much like their previous, historical uses as hunting dogs for game.

Granted, this is in regards to highly trained attack dogs that are specifically meant to track and attack people and are LFM approved, I don't know the server's view on civilian owned dogs.

It certainly is not outside the realm of possibility that someone could have a trained guard dog as their pet. I don't think the rules are very specific about dogs, since they aren't really NPCs and don't really confer the usual advantages that the NPC rule seeks to eliminate.

• Wuhtah locked this topic