The current situation with garages

Aquila

1 hour ago, charles said:

I hate garages and cars.

I personally believe that we’ve evolved past the need for either of them. 

Garage RP bores me, but I’m sure some people like it. So be it, let them like it.

This. Don't force players to interact with car fanatics just because their car needs a titjob done, make it optional for the people who enjoy it or have the nerve. I don't see people being forced to roleplay calling furnishing companies, and workers for installing home appliances on the other hand.

39 minutes ago, Daquan Kingston said:

This. Don't force players to interact with car fanatics just because their car needs a titjob done, make it optional for the people who enjoy it or have the nerve. I don't see people being forced to roleplay calling furnishing companies, and workers for installing home appliances on the other hand.

The same argument could be done about the ten minute to one hour roleplays from cops or criminals. Why should a civilian roleplayer be forced to go through a robbery, or why should a player be held up for a hour in medical roleplay because of a car accident?

1 hour ago, Aquila said:

I'm going to stop you there, because if people are really that passionate about mechanic RP, then I wouldn't be waiting for ages to find a garage that's open.

Mechanic RP was a lot better in 2017-2018 when there weren't any script limitations.

This is the reason why civilian roleplay is considered low-tier amongst the entire community. Not only does it get "buffed" by updates that allow them to be lazier in roleplay, but then you got legal and illegal groups wanting to skip roleplay or not do it at all for their own sake. "I can't find any mechanic shops!" - because of people in the community who gatekeep the mechanic scene. This is done by either calling mechanics mallrats, poor roleplayers, or entirely misrepresenting the community. The entire mechanic/car scene is open to people to learn more about cars, and even learn the basics of mechanic roleplay. This is an entire "reap what you sow" moment caused by the community's indirect harassment of mechanics. Mechanics are incredibly passionate about what they roleplay when they're given the chance.

Overall, the lack of mechanics ingame to open their garage? It's a problem for sure and should be addressed, but blaming mechanic garages for this issue isn't the way to go about it. I'm all open to trying to remedy this issue, but this finger pointing isn't going to help anyone at all.

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 2
1 hour ago, Daquan Kingston said:

You see, mechanic roleplay involves player to player trade. It's one of the biggest sources of income in the server. It wouldn't be justified if the thing was just NPCed and people were allowed to get modifications without any roleplay.

The garage would still earn money and make profit while nobody essentially worked for it.

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1
15 hours ago, Aquila said:

This whole situation would not be an issue if more garages were open, and if more mechanics were actually working. Nobody can blame players who want to upgrade their cars, because it isn't their fault that nobody is around to upgrade said cars.

Hi there! I’ve been monitoring this thread all weekend and have not been able to properly respond as I am away from my computer until Monday, and I probably have a lot more to type out than I can on my cellphone, but I have been the lease holder of a garage on this server for almost a year now. I am fortunate to have some dedicated employees at my garage and for us the issue isn’t that no one wants to work, it’s that we literally can’t keep the garage stocked. 

As many garage leaseholders know, they upped the amount of components needed at garages to 1.5x the previous amount if my memory serves correctly. I don’t know what the situation is at other garages, but truckers do not come anywhere near my garage unless I am offering bonus pay, and even then it’s still an absolute struggle to stay stocked. It takes literal hours to restock the garage and work now requires so many components that 3 or 4 cars can completely tear through a supply of components in an hour that took half a day to stock. 

The end result of this? My mechanics cannot work even though they’re all itching to and at the time of this post my garage is currently sitting at -6500 components, which ultimately means it’s going to take even longer to open just to probably work on a single car before going back into the negatives. 

I have a lot more to say about the entire garage situation in general, but as I said before, I am currently away from my computer. I hope to follow up more in a day or two 😊

• Upvote 2

Owning a garage now is basically completely useless and no longer a viable thing to do, so they rarely open now. The nerfs have crippled garages.

9 times out of 10, the following attributes all are found at garages:

- The garage runs out of components every opening, meaning it has to close early to replenish; which takes multiple hours to do.

- The garage doesn’t have enough active employees to sustain a sizeable work force, meaning it’s always short-staffed and over-crowded.

- The garage doesn’t make a substantial profit anymore, meaning garage owners have to work opening to opening just to keep the garage in their ownership because of the costs.

- The owner typically becomes demotivated, especially when their employees are earning more money than the actual owner earns.

There’s just no reason to own a garage now. It’s been made literally impossible and not worth putting either the time nor money into getting one established. They’re in high demand and in low supply; and nobody wants to get into the business of supply because it’s not sustainable to do so.

It’s not like other businesses that you can keep around just to enjoy roleplaying at. It’s a business where your working opening to opening just to pay the bills. You don’t make money, and everyone below you who you employ instead makes more money than you will ever see as an owner.

TL;DR - Garages aren’t worth owning anymore. They cost too much to run.

28 minutes ago, Browneboys said:

Hi there! I’ve been monitoring this thread all weekend and have not been able to properly respond as I am away from my computer until Monday, and I probably have a lot more to type out than I can on my cellphone, but I have been the lease holder of a garage on this server for almost a year now. I am fortunate to have some dedicated employees at my garage and for us the issue isn’t that no one wants to work, it’s that we literally can’t keep the garage stocked. 

As many garage leaseholders know, they upped the amount of components needed at garages to 1.5x the previous amount if my memory serves correctly. I don’t know what the situation is at other garages, but truckers do not come anywhere near my garage unless I am offering bonus pay, and even then it’s still an absolute struggle to stay stocked. It takes literal hours to restock the garage and work now requires so many components that 3 or 4 cars can completely tear through a supply of components in an hour that took half a day to stock. 

The end result of this? My mechanics cannot work even though they’re all itching to and at the time of this post my garage is currently sitting at -6500 components, which ultimately means it’s going to take even longer to open just to probably work on a single car before going back into the negatives. 

I have a lot more to say about the entire garage situation in general, but as I said before, I am currently away from my computer. I hope to follow up more in a day or two 😊

This is literally the problem. We saved up to 50k components, yesterday through today. A single ad and 30min opening, and we're now down to -7000 components again. I would love to open the garage frequently, but it's just not possible.

1 hour ago, PeopleKind said:

The issue isnt with garages. Its with truckers being too lazy & not wanting to do any routes that take more than 5 minutes,

The RPG-ish trucking system needs to go. If someone wants to buy a Pounder outright and work with it, why stop them through an arbitrary RPG system?

2 minutes ago, Glitch said:

The RPG-ish trucking system needs to go. If someone wants to buy a Pounder outright and work with it, why stop them through an arbitrary RPG system?

The easier solution here for garages is to just make purchases not cost as many components.

Reduce the number of components needed by about 50% for all vehicle upgrades, and the issue of a lack of components is very much solved in the blink of an eye.

They’ll be able to open more, truckers won’t have to work 24/7 just to get components there; win-win.

It's not just an issue of truckers being lazy, it's also an issue of truckers being targeted more and more. Most people do not see what happens to truckers on a daily basis, they get robbed, pulled over, mugged, etc. The whole quarter-mile pretty much. To add onto this, there's also tons of people that go out of their way to harass truckers along their routes, I've seen this countless times myself.

This is 1000% what causes truckers to stop trucking. And security, police ,etc. Is not a solution because of the fact that if they do get caught, they'll go to jail and once they're out they just go back to robbing all over again, it's the current meta of RP that is the problem, as in going around in an all black outfit, black helmet and black motorcycle and chasing truckers around to rob them.
It's shit RP tbh, and it's annoying. And the fact is lots of these people that do target truckers with this shitty type of RP get away with it too, because they call it fair RP for their character to constantly rob truckers, and they're well aware of the chain robbing rules and they dodge around this rule by on purpose waiting their last robbery out before targeting a new trucker.

This type of roleplay meta; dodging server rules and providing toxic RP, where it makes no sense to have a character dedicated to rob 24/7. It's shit RP, it shows zero development of your character as a whole, and I think if you're one of these people, you should rethink why you're playing on a RP server with a play to win mentality.
You're the cause of truckers to stop trucking, hell you might even be the cause people quit the server, it's at this point of time a server continuity problem in my eyes as well, because I can see it degrading further and further where in maybe a couple of months from now you'll barely have any truckers, barely any truck companies. 

• Upvote 4
  • Applaud 6