Jump to content

The current situation with garages


Aquila

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Aquila said:

 it's a simple errand and thus it should not be so difficult to go to one. At the end of the day, garages are meant to be simple vendors to carry out a quick, irrelevant errand.

 

i'd like to know what you classify as a relevant errand then, if garage rp is below your interests and expectations

Link to comment

Garages shouldn't be treated like a normal business. You don't need to max out your car every time you decide to get a new car. You don't need a new paint job just cause you feel like it. I am in favour of moving some car menu things over somewhere else. License plates, tints, etc - that should be able to be changed out w/o the need of a mechanic. 

 

What mencurry said earlier in this thread is the problem. Components are hard to come buy due to lack of interest from truckers, and just generally odd timings.

Edited by Woona
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
Link to comment

We need a system in which the vehicle has to be kept by a mechanic/NPC for a few minutes or even hours just like you would do in real life as well. 

 

Having some degenerate mechanics RPing paint change work with just 2 lines of roleplay and taking your car out in 3-5 minutes it is just stupid.

Link to comment
8 minutes ago, Y3 said:

 

i'd like to know what you classify as a relevant errand then, if garage rp is below your interests and expectations

 

A lot of the errands in real life and server aren't really relevant, and there aren't many examples I could think of. Regardless, RP should be about interaction, and unfortunately garage RP is, for the most part, one-sided.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Aquila said:

 

A lot of the errands in real life and server aren't really relevant, and there aren't many examples I could think of. Regardless, RP should be about interaction, and unfortunately garage RP is, for the most part, one-sided.

 

there are many players who come to gtaw exclusively for the car culture, and they passionately enjoy the in-depth mechanic rp they perform for themselves and others. i think its incredibly selfish to devalue ones roleplay as simply irrelevant or a waste of time.

 

you describe rp to be about interaction, but you fail to realize that interaction isnt exclusively with other people. interaction is with the environment as well.

 

and for this point: 'A lot of the errands in real life and server aren't really relevant'

 

understand that going and getting your car painted, customized, or upgraded in any real scenario is not just a normal errand. its clear that the concept of a garage to you is one in which fixes an oil leak, which yes, i agree is completely an irrelevant errand of life. but what players are asking of mechanics to perform on the server is not that in any form.

 

for a community that is so quick to latch onto and villianize lack-luster or hastened roleplay, this thread really does encapsulate it's own hypocrisy. let the mechanics roleplay. if youre so impatient, focus on your idea of realism, and do what you'd do in real life: something else. walk away. dont watch over mechanics like a hawk. leave your car there, and go roleplay.

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, Y3 said:

let the mechanics roleplay. if youre so impatient, focus on your idea of realism, and do what you'd do in real life: something else. walk away. dont watch over mechanics like a hawk. leave your car there, and go roleplay.


This honestly, I just leave my car there and give the keys to the mechanic for them to do their roleplay. Usually I just need my car trashed up anyway. You don’t have to sit there and deal with the mechanic roleplay, you’re free to do literally whatever you want. 

Link to comment
40 minutes ago, Y3 said:

 

there are many players who come to gtaw exclusively for the car culture, and they passionately enjoy the in-depth mechanic rp they perform for themselves and others. i think its incredibly selfish to devalue ones roleplay as simply irrelevant or a waste of time.

 

I'm going to stop you there, because if people are really that passionate about mechanic RP, then I wouldn't be waiting for ages to find a garage that's open.

 

Mechanic RP was a lot better in 2017-2018 when there weren't any script limitations.

Link to comment
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
  • Create New...