The current situation with garages

Aquila

3 hours ago, Daquan Kingston said:

I personally have kept it IC and made my main (and legal) character move out of the city & stopped spending time in-game since 2 months or so. I only roleplay coming to Los Santos on weekends & that's about it when I log on my law abiding main character. I think if more people were willing to do such sacrifice, the thing would only grow more & more obvious and something must be done to fix it.

Instead of fixing it, what the IFM has done is allow them to rob anywhere on the map (They can rob you on the beach at 11AM, a beach with hundreds of people, but you cannot role-play NPCs, therefore, the 600 users who there are on the server are the 600 people who live in LS) and at any time of the day, planning robberies, finding people in alleys or robberies at midnight are a real shit because it's no longer necessary, you see someone in a place, you take out the gun and ez win, run your pockets and showitems, and don't do anything stupid or report.

But hey, if you try to defend yourself because your character suffers from PTSD, you are already a mallrat, PF warrior, no fear rp, and also the Staff asks you to have a background similar to that of an ex-military to accept those kills, a child of 12 Davis year old is fucking John Wick but an adult to defend himself can't hit 2 shots because "nO bAcKgRoUnD", shit, I don't fucking need to know how to aim to shoot, I can kill you with basic notions.

About the garages, yes, the client is not interested in your RP nor is they interested in you, in real life when you go to a mechanic shop you won't look at how he works or make friends with the mechanic, you leave your car, you leave the place, you come back to pick it up and you leave again.

Do you want to solve the problem of the garages? Fix the incredible theft rate, fix the trucker script which is a pain in the ass, fix the cost of components from the workshops, and then you will have something working, but instead of doing these fixes we have bugged scripts, which nobody has asked for , un-fixed bugs on the bug reports subforum and more facilities for the "ayo run your pockets naw" to rob you.

• Upvote 1

So I've read a few of the comments regarding the garages. Would a similar system to the 24/7s work? If there are no 24/7s open, you can go to an NPC mechanic and get parts fitted? If so should that have a timer so you don't just drive off 20 seconds later? Something like a 30 minute wait?

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Kaz said:

So I've read a few of the comments regarding the garages. Would a similar system to the 24/7s work? If there are no 24/7s open, you can go to an NPC mechanic and get parts fitted? If so should that have a timer so you don't just drive off 20 seconds later? Something like a 30 minute wait?

ehhhhh.. I'm not too sure that'd be the fix, although it seems good. I feel like if that was added, there should be a penalty for garages not opening if that makes sense?

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Kaz said:

It would definitely work, and as I said before whoever is looking for ACTUAL mechanic RP, they will find it because they are not gonna be looking for that at an open garage, plain and simple.

Now about the timer, I don't think it really matters to be honest. If the devs want to add a timer? Sure, if they think it's not needed? Fine too, it doesn't really matter so long garages are accessible which is the issue here.

1 minute ago, Yoak said:

ehhhhh.. I'm not too sure that'd be the fix, although it seems good. I feel like if that was added, there should be a penalty for garages not opening if that makes sense?

NPC mechanics cost more?

14 minutes ago, Kaz said:

Having a timer would be great, means people can actually roleplay their vehicle being serviced and potentially make use of taxis to get around for now or get help from friends. Maybe this will actually take the load off player owned mechanics so they don't get burnt out so much and can enjoy the roleplay for those who also want to interact with them.

@Kaz Gotta enforce the fact that the garage owner/workers are almost being punished by loising business by allowing this though. Otherwise people will just NPC and make thousands from not opening a business they should be actively running.

3 minutes ago, Yoak said:

@Kaz Gotta enforce the fact that the garage owner/workers are almost being punished by loising business by allowing this though. Otherwise people will just NPC and make thousands from not opening a business they should be actively running.

Maybe they should open when they have the components and not use it privately for their friends.

Yes, I was in a workshop recently that was "closed" but I saw several mechanics working for their friends, I'm not gonna name and shame.