The current situation with garages

Aquila

On 7/24/2021 at 6:41 PM, Sush said:

So your solution about how it's impossible to get your car worked on is to make it even more convoluted and time consuming? If we were going for true realism upgrading your car to 'max' performance mods should take months then.

Let me rephrase that. People rush to garages immediately after they buy a new car. Now how many people irl you know, who actually own a car with full perf. upgrade. Or better yet how many strippers drive a fully modded BMW? That's why modding shouldn't be as common as it is. Not to mention, that I drive a maxed Gauntlet Hellfire, yes...but my character is an enthusiast and I did mod the car over the course of months as you said. One mod at a time.

Edited by Engelbert
24 minutes ago, TiffanyMeeks said:

It's not just an issue of truckers being lazy, it's also an issue of truckers being targeted more and more. Most people do not see what happens to truckers on a daily basis, they get robbed, pulled over, mugged, etc. The whole quarter-mile pretty much. To add onto this, there's also tons of people that go out of their way to harass truckers along their routes, I've seen this countless times myself.

This is 1000% what causes truckers to stop trucking. And security, police ,etc. Is not a solution because of the fact that if they do get caught, they'll go to jail and once they're out they just go back to robbing all over again, it's the current meta of RP that is the problem, as in going around in an all black outfit, black helmet and black motorcycle and chasing truckers around to rob them.
It's shit RP tbh, and it's annoying. And the fact is lots of these people that do target truckers with this shitty type of RP get away with it too, because they call it fair RP for their character to constantly rob truckers, and they're well aware of the chain robbing rules and they dodge around this rule by on purpose waiting their last robbery out before targeting a new trucker.

This type of roleplay meta; dodging server rules and providing toxic RP, where it makes no sense to have a character dedicated to rob 24/7. It's shit RP, it shows zero development of your character as a whole, and I think if you're one of these people, you should rethink why you're playing on a RP server with a play to win mentality.
You're the cause of truckers to stop trucking, hell you might even be the cause people quit the server, it's at this point of time a server continuity problem in my eyes as well, because I can see it degrading further and further where in maybe a couple of months from now you'll barely have any truckers, barely any truck companies.

Hit the nail on the head. There's a reason there are less and less truckers. Trucking is literally anti-fun. No one wants to do it. It's already a really grindy job and then add this on top of it, people are tired of dealing with it. Combine this problem with the fact that shops consume 1.5 times the amount of components as they used to, you run into the bottleneck of shops not being able to open because of lack of components stemming from a lack of truckers wanting to do the job. This is the main problem.

No offense to people advocating for turning this into a non-player job, but this is a heavy role play server. This justification could be used in just about any situation and boils down to why are we even on an RP server if we're going to just cut out all human interaction and NPC everything? This is almost as silly as suggesting something like, "I don't like bartender RP and I don't want to wait for a bartender to make my drink so I should just be able to come up and order it from a menu without any interaction." Get over it, we're here to RP and interact with other people. It's not meant to cater to just your version of fun. It's for everyone. The mechanic job has been a player-run job for a long time and it never used to be a problem besides the occasional shit-ran garage. No need to fix something that isn't the problem. Keep it as is and fix the main problem causing this issue as discussed above.

Edited by The Dude
  • Applaud 1
13 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

Let me rephrase that. People rush to garages immediately after they buy a new car. Now how many people irl you know, who actually own a car with full perf. upgrade. Or better yet how many strippers drive a fully modded BMW? That's why modding shouldn't be as common as it is. Not to mention, that I drive a maxed Gauntlet Hellfire, yes...but my character is an enthusiast and I did mod the car over the course of months as you said. One mod at a time.

My that logic though you shouldn't need a mechanic to work on your car at all as honestly routine maintenance isn't difficult and any mods that don't require an ECU reflash or engine teardown can be done by someone with the right wrenches and 30 mins on youtube

8 minutes ago, Sush said:

My that logic though you shouldn't need a mechanic to work on your car at all as honestly routine maintenance isn't difficult and any mods that don't require an ECU reflash or engine teardown can be done by someone with the right wrenches and 30 mins on youtube

Are you kidding me? I cannot tell a light bulb from tire screw ir, I don't need to. That's why mechanics actually exist irl. To do stuff people know nothing about. And no, rather than looking it up on YT and spend hours trying, I park my car in a garage leave it there, go have a lunch and come back for it. That's how it works. And believe it or not. I am one of the few who actually use garage for maintenance and repairs in the game.

Edited by Engelbert
32 minutes ago, TiffanyMeeks said:

It's not just an issue of truckers being lazy, it's also an issue of truckers being targeted more and more. Most people do not see what happens to truckers on a daily basis, they get robbed, pulled over, mugged, etc. The whole quarter-mile pretty much. To add onto this, there's also tons of people that go out of their way to harass truckers along their routes, I've seen this countless times myself.

This is 1000% what causes truckers to stop trucking. And security, police ,etc. Is not a solution because of the fact that if they do get caught, they'll go to jail and once they're out they just go back to robbing all over again, it's the current meta of RP that is the problem, as in going around in an all black outfit, black helmet and black motorcycle and chasing truckers around to rob them.
It's shit RP tbh, and it's annoying. And the fact is lots of these people that do target truckers with this shitty type of RP get away with it too, because they call it fair RP for their character to constantly rob truckers, and they're well aware of the chain robbing rules and they dodge around this rule by on purpose waiting their last robbery out before targeting a new trucker.

This type of roleplay meta; dodging server rules and providing toxic RP, where it makes no sense to have a character dedicated to rob 24/7. It's shit RP, it shows zero development of your character as a whole, and I think if you're one of these people, you should rethink why you're playing on a RP server with a play to win mentality.
You're the cause of truckers to stop trucking, hell you might even be the cause people quit the server, it's at this point of time a server continuity problem in my eyes as well, because I can see it degrading further and further where in maybe a couple of months from now you'll barely have any truckers, barely any truck companies. 

You really hit the nail in the coffin on that. I remember there were several occasions that a trucker was shot to death while unloading crates at the garage drop-off point. Not to mention, I experienced being harassed while just minding my own business driving to the docks earlier today. It's petty and sad.

unknown-10.pngunknown-15.png

Edited by Flickin'TheWristo
added in the pictures post-edit because formatting on phone is shite.
53 minutes ago, TiffanyMeeks said:

This, the thing is out of control but we gonna give them more facilities to rob, we're going to allow them to rob in the middle of the day anywhere on the map, let's make any place on the map an unsafe place (This is what IFM wanted and is allowing), let's rob the truckers and bully them telling them that their RP is poor, when there are none working we come to the forum to cry that other companies cannot open because there are no components.

The robber gets a CK? nothing happens, it's the fifth character in 3 months (nice character development bro), he creates another character or uses a name change and keeps robbing.

The robberies have been out of control for too long but nobody sees it, the server looks more like a Brazilian Favela than America, you are safer among hungry lions than in LS..

The harassment of users towards other users is also uncontrolled, it's allowed to laugh at them both on the forum and on discord, people don't want them to laugh at them so they avoid working as truck drivers, there is also another cause, and that is that trucker script is a pain in the ass, component cost is another joke.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, BigSmileLing said:

This, the thing is out of control but we gonna give them more facilities to rob, we're going to allow them to rob in the middle of the day anywhere on the map, let's make any place on the map an unsafe place (This is what IFM wanted and is allowing), let's rob the truckers and bully them telling them that their RP is poor, when there are none working we come to the forum to cry that other companies cannot open because there are no components.

The robber gets a CK? nothing happens, it's the fifth character in 3 months (nice character development bro), he creates another character or uses a name change and keeps robbing.

The robberies have been out of control for too long but nobody sees it, the server looks more like a Brazilian Favela than America, you are safer among hungry lions than in LS..

The harassment of users towards other users is also uncontrolled, it's allowed to laugh at them both on the forum and on discord, people don't want them to laugh at them so they avoid working as truck drivers, there is also another cause, and that is that trucker script is a pain in the ass, component cost is another joke.

The one shining point in this whole thing is the upcoming economy update. This will render a trucker's need for cash down to zero. Payments and crate purchases will both come from the bank. At the very least it will put an end to that part of the de-motivation as a trucker. It doesn't address the other issues, but its a step in the right direction. To be honest, the ranking system for trucking needs to be completely rethought.

Edited by The Dude
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, TiffanyMeeks said:

I know this is a completely different thing but taxi drivers face this too, and it's ridiculous.

And I'll say now, same with truckers, that it's nothing to do with us losing out. It's the waste of time that comes from poor RP that's only happening because that player wants to "win". I've not really lost much at all from either occasion, but when people call taxis, providing them with their real name and number before robbing them, you know that this branch of criminal RP needs staff investigation. I don't even know how these people get onto the server, one of them had over five complaints on him and mine was the icing on the cake to get him banned, I'm sure there are many like him as well. It's ruining taxiing for me as I'm sure it's ruining trucking for players. At least for taxis it would make more sense to rob a driver without using the /taxi command, and maybe truckers will be saved if every payment is done by bank.