The current situation with garages

Aquila

I feel like it's beneficial for everyone to just let people modify their own vehicles / treat them just as other script businesses.

Mechanics don't like people faced with the poor roleplay of "replace everything in my vehicle to my exact specifications, and if you don't have it done in 20 minutes I'm complaining," and normal players don't like have to wait months just to find an open garage and have even basic work done to their vehicles.

It's so bad, even the basic maintenance stuff can go neglected. And that, for sure, is something even the most average of people could do themselves - changing oil and checking fluid levels is not difficult, and can be done with basic equipment and a little bit of Google by someone who's never done it before, which is what can be roleplayed by treating the garages as normal script businesses.

If it was made so that everyone could just use the garages as they wanted, then garages, when they opened, would generally only get people who actually want to roleplay the changes done to their vehicle. They want to be involved in making specific choices of parts, etc. This would make the roleplay quality around garages a lot better, while also removing the people who just want the work done and to get back to their actual roleplay from the picture.

So, again - something needs to be done, and the answer is so obvious, I feel like, that I'm surprised nothing's been done already at this point.

4 hours ago, UTOPIA said:

Seems that owners of garages are the secret bourgeoise of the server, that is ridiculous. Garages are far too difficult to get your hands on for them to make this much money, makes you wonder who the people giving out these garages & receiving them are. 

Thinking Smiley | Thinking emoticon, Smiley emoji, Funny emoticons

It's funny, last night when the server reset? Within 10 minutes of uptime I saw about 9 different cars (new cars from the update) FULLY modded out. It makes you wonder if these 'garage owners' fix up their friends cars with no rp and close up for the public. I haven't seen any garage open, I'm mostly talking about that one garage on the beach. They ignore anyone that isn't their friend that drives up. They only open solely for their friends/race car buddies. Ridiculous. I don't even want a garage!!! I just want TINTS on my fkn SUV!!!!!  

In other words stop giving garages to these individuals that think life is need for speed. They cater to nobody but their little 'race crew'. I thought garages were suppose to be businesses like anything else and not just work on their friends cars (most likely with half assed RP or none at all)

Admins really need to look into some of these garages lol

3 minutes ago, Helm said:

I feel like it's beneficial for everyone to just let people modify their own vehicles / treat them just as other script businesses.

Mechanics don't like people faced with the poor roleplay of "replace everything in my vehicle to my exact specifications, and if you don't have it done in 20 minutes I'm complaining," and normal players don't like have to wait months just to find an open garage and have even basic work done to their vehicles.

It's so bad, even the basic maintenance stuff can go neglected. And that, for sure, is something even the most average of people could do themselves - changing oil and checking fluid levels is not difficult, and can be done with basic equipment and a little bit of Google by someone who's never done it before, which is what can be roleplayed by treating the garages as normal script businesses.

If it was made so that everyone could just use the garages as they wanted, then garages, when they opened, would generally only get people who actually want to roleplay the changes done to their vehicle. They want to be involved in making specific choices of parts, etc. This would make the roleplay quality around garages a lot better, while also removing the people who just want the work done and to get back to their actual roleplay from the picture.

So, again - something needs to be done, and the answer is so obvious, I feel like, that I'm surprised nothing's been done already at this point.

That also opens another issue as I've previously stated. You'd maybe get one or two people that want to wait and are there for the roleplay. Other than that everyone would just wait for a garage to do everything themselves. There are a multitude of issues with this. 

The first, it'd kill a good bit of the people that play on this servers roleplay. No one would come in to get their cars done anyone, leaving people who actually do enjoy roleplaying it and aren't just there for money screwed over. It's a good portion of my roleplay and a lot of other people that I know that work at garages roleplay. It'd make several characters left with nothing to do with no more goals or things to look forward to. I enjoy what I do, I like doing the roleplay for it, and it takes what? Ten minutes of your time plus the wait for the other cars to be done. It's a heavy roleplay server so at least we aren't made to be super realistic and take days or weeks to swap an engine.

The second being this is a heavy roleplay server, what sense does it make to just randomly have your car with a new engine/tune, new paint, new wheels, a turbo installed, swapped transmission in the first two minutes of buying it? You're required to roleplay everything else out why would you not be required to roleplay your car getting worked on? To save time? Then go play gta:o if you want things instant and now with nothing being required to have a car modified.

Thirdly, it'd also kill some peoples jobs, we only get paid via the script when we are around and roleplaying. You make it to where people can just do it themselves only the garage gets paid. It's not like a 24/7 job where you get paid for the hours you work. We get a % of the cost of the mod which when it's just tires and maybe tint only comes out to like $200-$400ish depends on what the % is set to and how many other people are working. Again a lot of us don't just do it for money and I already explained the reason behind that. I can maybe concede to the maintenance being done yourself, cause changing oil and other fluids is simple, but replacing an engine isn't something someone can just do without the right tools and knowledge. 

1 minute ago, Bridget Schmidt said:

That also opens another issue as I've previously stated. You'd maybe get one or two people that want to wait and are there for the roleplay. Other than that everyone would just wait for a garage to do everything themselves. There are a multitude of issues with this. 

The first, it'd kill a good bit of the people that play on this servers roleplay. No one would come in to get their cars done anyone, leaving people who actually do enjoy roleplaying it and aren't just there for money screwed over. It's a good portion of my roleplay and a lot of other people that I know that work at garages roleplay. It'd make several characters left with nothing to do with no more goals or things to look forward to. I enjoy what I do, I like doing the roleplay for it, and it takes what? Ten minutes of your time plus the wait for the other cars to be done. It's a heavy roleplay server so at least we aren't made to be super realistic and take days or weeks to swap an engine.

The second being this is a heavy roleplay server, what sense does it make to just randomly have your car with a new engine/tune, new paint, new wheels, a turbo installed, swapped transmission in the first two minutes of buying it? You're required to roleplay everything else out why would you not be required to roleplay your car getting worked on? To save time? Then go play gta:o if you want things instant and now with nothing being required to have a car modified.

Thirdly, it'd also kill some peoples jobs, we only get paid via the script when we are around and roleplaying. You make it to where people can just do it themselves only the garage gets paid. It's not like a 24/7 job where you get paid for the hours you work. We get a % of the cost of the mod which when it's just tires and maybe tint only comes out to like $200-$400ish depends on what the % is set to and how many other people are working. Again a lot of us don't just do it for money and I already explained the reason behind that. I can maybe concede to the maintenance being done yourself, cause changing oil and other fluids is simple, but replacing an engine isn't something someone can just do without the right tools and knowledge. 

Having one to two people come by a garage when it's open and actually take part in the roleplay is better than 100 that just want the vehicles modified with no care for the roleplay. You know, because then you're actually getting to roleplay, and not just write /me's or /do's that no one reads. 

If it's only taking ten minutes to install a new turbocharger and engine, plus change out the suspension system, then... that's just a sign that no one's really there for the roleplay, anyway, not even the mechanic. They're just trying to rush through as many orders as possible, which is a side effect of having a line of 20 people waiting on you.

As for your second point, some people, myself included, would just like to roleplay the vehicle having been *bought* in a specific trim / upgrade fashion. A used car from a dealership, Craigslist, etc. Cars don't always just come bone-stock, even when bought brand new at a dealership. There are different trim levels that may even have different engines installed in them, or a 4x4 drive-train, for instance - or even as something as simple as factory dyed / tinted glass. It makes far more sense than you think to just let the cars be modified as the player wants. It's not about saving time or eliminating roleplay - rather, making the roleplay around vehicles more realistic, instead of assuming that all vehicles are bone-stock until taken to a garage to have basic changes or upgrades done - especially when a vast majority of those changes can be done at a home garage or shop. But if you buy a car on this server, you can't even change the tint level before it's purchased. It's ridiculous to then have to wait 90 minutes in a line of other people just to do something as simple as that - especially if you're just wanting to roleplay that the car looked that way when it was purchased, which makes more sense for most people.

I mean, isn't it still the case that mechanics can't even accept and complete their own orders, even at garages that they work at? So they have to have one of their coworkers do the work for them? Seems kind of silly. If I was a proud mechanic, I wouldn't let anyone else touch my vehicle for any reason unless there was a problem I myself couldn't fix.

For your third point, I'm sure that considerations can be made to change monetary incentives if a change was made to how garages work. I don't know what they'd be, nor do I particularly care because, you're right, it's not about the money - it's about the roleplay. Besides, people who are actually wanting the roleplay done to their vehicles are likely to want to return for other vehicles, and will probably pay a premium for good roleplay - though the best part would be the friendships made along the way. And you're right, replacing an engine isn't something just anyone can do. But, the way the script works currently doesn't even let mechanics work on their own vehicles, unless that was changed at some point. Certainly doesn't seem very realistic or roleplay-oriented to me.

5 minutes ago, Helm said:

Having one to two people come by a garage when it's open and actually take part in the roleplay is better than 100 that just want the vehicles modified with no care for the roleplay. You know, because then you're actually getting to roleplay, and not just write /me's or /do's that no one reads. 

If it's only taking ten minutes to install a new turbocharger and engine, plus change out the suspension system, then... that's just a sign that no one's really there for the roleplay, anyway, not even the mechanic. They're just trying to rush through as many orders as possible, which is a side effect of having a line of 20 people waiting on you.

As for your second point, some people, myself included, would just like to roleplay the vehicle having been *bought* in a specific trim / upgrade fashion. A used car from a dealership, Craigslist, etc. Cars don't always just come bone-stock, even when bought brand new at a dealership. There are different trim levels that may even have different engines installed in them, or a 4x4 drive-train, for instance - or even as something as simple as factory dyed / tinted glass. It makes far more sense than you think to just let the cars be modified as the player wants. It's not about saving time or eliminating roleplay - rather, making the roleplay around vehicles more realistic, instead of assuming that all vehicles are bone-stock until taken to a garage to have basic changes or upgrades done - especially when a vast majority of those changes can be done at a home garage or shop. But if you buy a car on this server, you can't even change the tint level before it's purchased. It's ridiculous to then have to wait 90 minutes in a line of other people just to do something as simple as that - especially if you're just wanting to roleplay that the car looked that way when it was purchased, which makes more sense for most people.

I mean, isn't it still the case that mechanics can't even accept and complete their own orders, even at garages that they work at? So they have to have one of their coworkers do the work for them? Seems kind of silly. If I was a proud mechanic, I wouldn't let anyone else touch my vehicle for any reason unless there was a problem I myself couldn't fix.

For your third point, I'm sure that considerations can be made to change monetary incentives if a change was made to how garages work. I don't know what they'd be, nor do I particularly care because, you're right, it's not about the money - it's about the roleplay. Besides, people who are actually wanting the roleplay done to their vehicles are likely to want to return for other vehicles, and will probably pay a premium for good roleplay - though the best part would be the friendships made along the way. And you're right, replacing an engine isn't something just anyone can do. But, the way the script works currently doesn't even let mechanics work on their own vehicles, unless that was changed at some point. Certainly doesn't seem very realistic or roleplay-oriented to me.

I believe it was changed to where you can, and if someone wants a car that's already modified there are used ones that are sold which already have everything installed. Even most script dealerships that buy used cars are all mostly modified in some way. Again it's really the fact of do we want to degrade roleplay for the ease of things when it's already been degraded to the point where I have to just spend ten to twenty minutes on someone's car? I'd rather that not be the case and with being able to do it themselves there isn't any actual oversight to if the person is properly roleplaying it or not. Even without any admins checking on us the garage I work at still vets peoples quality before we even hire them by having them work on some of our shops cars. Like I said, simple things like oil changes and stuff fine I get, but any of the bigger stuff, hell even security systems and gps. You still need some knowledge on how the cars wiring works and most the time people that do stuff like that themselves and don't know how end up draining the battery/alternator eventually in the process. I'm not in favor of making hard for someone to mod there car to what they want but I'm also not in favor of changing how the current process works.

I think a better solution would be better incentives to do the work for both the truck drivers and mechanics, as well as better admin and management over watch on the leases to ensure they are active frequently and doing the proper roleplay for it and not just opening up for their friends alone or doing all of their own cars but actually opening for the public. We've been wanting to open all day but our comps just aren't there to much, which still ties into the script issue and people would still be dealing with even if they could just go up and press the buttons then drive off. 

38 minutes ago, Yerrr said:

It's funny, last night when the server reset? Within 10 minutes of uptime I saw about 9 different cars (new cars from the update) FULLY modded out. It makes you wonder if these 'garage owners' fix up their friends cars with no rp and close up for the public. I haven't seen any garage open, I'm mostly talking about that one garage on the beach. They ignore anyone that isn't their friend that drives up. They only open solely for their friends/race car buddies. Ridiculous. I don't even want a garage!!! I just want TINTS on my fkn SUV!!!!!  

Some garages do open only for friends. I did that too sometimes. There's nothing wrong with that if roleplay is being done.

Sometimes you don't have time or want to roleplay twenty vehicles that'll come.

Wow, this thread blew up! I'm glad other people share the same concerns, and that I'm not the only one with these opinions.

9 hours ago, shaobadman said:

My only theory for it being this way is that management wanted to curb the number of stupid looking cars on the street, you might remember how bad it got in 2018. When I came back and saw how garages changed while other services stayed the same, this was my first assumption and I couldn't fault them on it.

However if that's not their aim then it could really use some work. People can't get their vehicles done, even for small modifications, in their own time. When one (and usually it is just one) opens up, everyone piles in and you end up waiting an undetermined amount of time (in my experience, garages don't seem to have a queue system) as they have to roleplay the modifications. Last time I had to wait about 30 minutes just to get a sign removed from my taxi.

Then there's the problem of those unable to play at peak times.

I think garages should work the same way as other services, even if visiting an unmanned garage puts a price penalty on the visiting player. Or if one garage has active workers then closed ones stay closed, but if none are open, have them all allow self service like 24/7s and make the player wait five or ten minutes after picking their mods to simulate players working on it.

Garages should definitely work like other vendors. Way back in the early years of the server, there wasn't an employee system in the standard vendor stores - they were self-service, as were garages. But then they started making it so you need the mechanic job to mod your car, fair enough.

As time went by, they started allowing employees to work in the vendor stores, with incentives like a bit of the commission, yet garages were left behind with the old system where someone had to be working there.

8 hours ago, Martyn said:

The reason that you don't see garages open very often anymore, is because they significantly decreased the amount of money that you can make with it. That change was very much needed, they were making way too much money. But it inevitable means that the less money people make with the job, the less people will want to do it. It gets really old repeating the same procedures and therefore, basically the same lines of RP with some adjustments to it every now and again. The job also doesn't really offer much for interaction, you're not getting a response out of the car you're working on. You're sitting there working on a car all alone, just spitting out random emotes for the sake of it. 9/10 times the customer isn't even in range to see the RP so you're just typing away into the void. 

There should be no reason having to wait for days for one to open so you can change the color of your car, or whatever else someone wants to do. I think the previous suggestion someone made is quite good. That being, having people wait a few minutes before they're able to get their modifications to simulate the time it would normally take for a mechanic to work on your vehicle in our world. But I do think we can come up with something different and better. I would very much like to see some more suggestions from the community on this subject. It's not a problem to me, I already avoid garages because it's usually a place where a certain crowd comes together that I don't want any part of. But I can definitely see this being a problem for many people out there who enjoy car roleplay which can be stalled due to the problem outlined here.

I was extremely annoyed when the mechanics at garages would get angry at me for asking why I had to pay them for the RP. I'm already spending $20k on mods, why should I have to pay 25% of that on some lines of RP, especially if they were getting paid for working there anyway? None of the mechanics (at that time btw) wanted to admit that it was greed that fuelled their anger.

Not only that, mechanic RP doesn't seem very enjoyable. Working on cars in real life is actually pretty exciting and frustrating, while on an RP server it's mundane and pointless. They're not actually doing the work, and their RP doesn't reflect on the quality of the work - it didn't feel natural, so often I would have to type IC compliments that made no sense.

I also don't really identify with, nor like, the car crowd. I just want some basic stuff done like remove stock bumpers and whatever. Performance mods, when I played way back, had almost no impact on vehicles at all and I don't feel like that's changed either.

4 hours ago, UTOPIA said:

I'll keep my statement about garages blunt and simple, nobody actually cares about the RP being done on their car, they just want their vehicle modded and want to leave. Garages are the only script businesses that require players to keep them open, which leaves players who play at odd times out of luck, it is not player-centric whatsoever. They should treat garages like any other script business and let players use them while there are no employees opening them.

Exactly. I won't fault anyone for wanting to RP a mechanic, but some things that are fun in real life, are not always fun in-game.

In reality, you're gonna have trouble working on specific cars, but on this everything is automated and easy, because it's GTA:V and we have a mod menu.

4 hours ago, Skip said:

I am pushing through a suggestion related to this later. Please consider it when it's posted.

Post it here and tag me when it's up. I'll add it to the main post.

4 hours ago, Glitch said:

Can we also like, get the ability to revert to stock for free?

I'm sick of seeing cars that are so godawfully modified cost a boatload just to make them look presentable. Let us revert part(s) or in whole to stock for free!

YES. Buying a used car, from someone who marks up the price due to their terrible choice in mods, has to be one of the more stressful things on this server. Should be able to revert it to stock for free instead of paying extra.

4 hours ago, mencurry said:

I have a couple of things to say about this, I've been leasing a garage down in Vespucci for almost a year by now in August, there were almost over 35+ players that I hired and I could safely say for myself that none of these people cares about the mechanic nerf at all because I specificly looked for people who doesn't want to money farm and only in it for the roleplay. I would say that there are reasons on why garages haven't been open lately, which these are:

• Less garages. Property Management has been cracking down most of these garages that did subpar roleplay and money farming attitude in the past, I wouldn't name names but there were over 15 garages or something along those lines and as of right now there is only OVC, Autoholics, Tomahawk, Glass Heroes, and Elysian that I know of. Maybe Property Management could share how many garages there are in the server and how many that are active. Though Property Management's been opening up garage leases for Re-Perez and MAD customs so that's good.
  • No truckers. This is a big problem for the shop that I'm currently leasing, most of my employees WANTED to open but we literally can't do that when we have low components, I did everything that I could to compensate for this by having an IC contract with multiple trucking company and put up $300 (extra pay) per crates for truckers, and still with these attempts we can't open the shop constantly because we have less truckers nowadays. When Kazanov and IMEX was active a couple of months back I never really had components problem. To further add into this point, let's say I have 80,000 components total that could last for about two to four hours during a shift and by the time that it takes for us to get refilled up back to 80,000 components could be 3-7 days depending on how active the truckers are.

I honestly think that these two points that I raised above are the main thing on why garages aren't open, I can't say for other garages but I as I mentioned earlier nobody in my shop actually gives a shit about the mechanic pay and they would open everyday if we could and if we have the components but the reality is we don't have that, Believe me if we could open everyday we'll do that and the players that is currently working with me are from various timezones from GMT-5 to GMT+8.

Also, to add into the mindset of players not giving a shit about the RP, it's true lol. The amount of people that have appreciated the roleplay or simply staying around during the RP when mechanics are doing their thing are small, most people don't give a shit and just afk while we were RPing and I can't really blame them for that. Also especially with the idea of other garages telling people to piss off if they want to see their cars and what not, it's just discouraging to see mechanic RP right now. I've been enforcing my employees to just do 20-40mins RP per cars if possible if it's a long list but even then at that point we're kinda rushing the roleplay, and people are being imaptient IC and OOC.

image.thumb.png.306b0178fc357c7b309eed2705dc58ed.png

Another example of how the server advanced in development, while leaving old systems way behind.

4 hours ago, Vassilios said:

For the sake of this discussion and some food for thought, here are the statistics from the last garage I was employed at.

Everything involved here was in the span of a year to a year and a half.

Most of those profits went to the owners but I am unsure how much was spent on parts etc.

Total Parts Sold: 17,055
Total Profit: $56,121,560

Reveal hidden contents

Wheels, 1805
Colors, 1573
Window Tint, 1089
Engine, 905
Transmission, 874
Turbo, 765
Brakes, 704
Xenon, 582
Front Bumper, 563
Spoilers, 543
Exhaust, 537
Wheel Colors, 537
Suspension, 506
GPS, 498
Livery, 403
RGB Colors, 400
Extras, 389
Plate, 381
Rear Bumper, 358
Hood, 356
Side Skirt, 307
Roof, 293
Lock level 3, 277
Grille, 263
Frame, 233
Repair vehicle, 195
Vehicle Maintenance, 187
Anti-Theft level 5, 176
Alarm level 4, 164
Fender, 153
Neon, 146
Right Fender, 104
Vehicle Inspection, 71
Alarm level 3, 67
Anti-Theft level 3, 67
Anti-Theft level 2, 49
Unknown, 49
Steering Wheel, 44
Trim Design, 39
Engine Block, 38
Lock level 2, 37
Alarm level 2, 34
Tank, 25
Aerials, 24
Arch Cover, 24
Anti-Theft level 4, 23
Seats, 23
Ornaments, 21
Clean vehicle, 20
Shift Lever, 20
Dial Design, 19
Plaques, 14
Trim, 14
Dashboard, 12
Struts, 10
Trunk, 10
Vanity Plates, 9
Air Filter, 8
Door Speakers, 7
Alarm level 1, 4
Hydraulics, 3
Plate holders, 2
Anti-Theft level 1, 1
Speakers, 1

That's absolutely ridiculous. I complained so much about how garages made way too much money, but I've been called a crybaby for it. I'm glad you posted this because it really puts things into perspective how bad the economy really is right now.

They shouldn't have made garages the way they are now. They should've just left them as normal vendors. A lot of the vendor businesses just sound like easy, potentially exploitable money.

3 hours ago, Morseon said:

I have been working at garages almost since I first got into this server, and I have been owning one for over a year and a half. And although my garage isn't one of the most actives nor with the most mechanics (the first intention wasn't to make money out of it, but as a meeting spot for the car community where each driver could work on their cars for a low price), I have always seen a pattern whenever a car update came.

Normally, such update would bring, let's say, 10-15 cars. So every mechanic and garage owner know that during the next two to three days, the business will be booming. This has always been the case, before and after the first garage revamp (where the components were changed and the lease price got raised).

However, these past few days it's been different, I believe, because of different factors.

First, we have received over 60 cars in less than a week, making more people want their car(s) serviced and upgraded.

Second, there has been an important decrease in the number of truckers, specially knowing that the garages aren't the only ones that need components, but so do other kinds of businesses.

Third, there are less and less garages active. This might be caused by what other players mentioned earlier (components revamp leading to mechanics making less cash, players with play to win mentalities getting the leases over players invested in heavy roleplay). The problem is that because there are less garages, the people flood the ones remaining whenever they open. In my case, today, we only opened once (to do different cars for friends), and people passing by took the opportunity to get their car done, which we gladly did. In the end of the day, we didn't even need to post a single ad to get our components completely wiped out.

If we add all this up, we get to the situation we are today. A garage opens, they get wiped out, no one refills, and no one gets their cars upgraded/serviced.

P.S.: Even to do the maintenance on a car, we need components. 

It would be funny to get to a stage where all the cars needed to be serviced, but none could. BMX life.

It baffles me how there's car servicing and general maintenance checks, yet we don't have a system to allow garages to stay open. This system doesn't seem to be well thought out at all.

Good thing I ride my BMX in general. Having a car is already a bit of a pain in real life, I don't wanna hop in-game to endure the exact same pain.

3 hours ago, Engelbert said:

I'd say, make upgrading and modding cars like a supplier program. Not every garage irl specializes in modding cars, majority have business by servicing and maintenance. Not every mechanic is engine expert and a racer. Open standard garages for repair and checks and lower the mileage needed for an oil check, so they have some business. Remove /vpark fixing car damage, so people are forced to fix their cars in garages. And lastly put modding under a license, so not every garage can do that.

With due respect, that's a terrible idea. The current system is already quite annoying, tedious, and unavailable, why should we make it more difficult? At this point I'd say nobody should own garages, and instead they should just be server-managed vendors.

Removing /vpark for fixing car damage? Not on RAGEMP unfortunately.

The thing is most of the car mods on this game can easily be done without the need for a mechanic. Most mechanics, for modifications, exist for convenience. I know very little about cars, but I've managed to fit new lights, bulbs, head unit, refit bumpers, and tint windows without the need for a mechanic. The only things I would need a mechanic for is for damages, or MOT checks. The modifications that exist on this game can be done by any trained mechanic. Resprays are usually done by someone that's specialising in it, because your ordinary mechanic wouldn't be doing something like that, and vice versa. For simplicity, it is done by one mechanic in the game, and it should be done in one garage on this server, otherwise it'd be more tedious than it already is. We just want our mods done so we can carry on, it's not like a regular vendor we'd go to every day.

1 hour ago, Yerrr said:

funny you should say that because we immediately went to battle stations when people pulled up without even an /ad to work on people's cars when they started pulling up, 80% of them not even being anyone we know while only a small portion were our friends that rolled in and only hung out at the parking lot spaces without any work done on their car because we specifically told them no

get the full story before assuming and then calling people out about it on a thread so you don't look stupid when you get corrected by the people from that garage. i'm sorry if this is toxic but i couldn't help but defend that situation specifically because we're one of the few garages that try to keep a high standard in terms of roleplay despite a good portion of us being burned out which can definitely result in us turning people away frequently when not opened, but in that situation we stood 10 toes and worked on cars instead of shooing people off

OT: there's definitely a lot of flaws to the garage system, and this is coming from someone who's worked 4 months straight in one solo as the sole active mechanic, but at the same time considering how much roleplay is done behind vehicular work compared to other jobs there should be efficiently balanced compensation to motivate people because at the end of the day, it feels shitty when you run through 30 emotes for 30 minutes only to be paid $1,000

Edited by College Sweetheart