Server files won't download completely

mirinda

Just now, Vash Baldeus said:

Well, After manually downloading I had to download about 350mb and after that it launched. I could try to upload the updated file to mega and share a link, which might help as my folder will have all the files so no need to download.

That 350mb might actually be what is missing and needed. Somehow my Rage never downloads all of it. Sadly I am at work today, so I will have to try tomorrow.

8 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

Well, After manually downloading I had to download about 350mb and after that it launched. I could try to upload the updated file to mega and share a link, which might help as my folder will have all the files so no need to download.

@Engelbert, suggest you try verifying game files not RageMP.

Well for my part I also tried to verify the game files, everything was good but it still didn't work.
Also we'd be appreciated if you'd be able to provide a link with said files, would help a lot

9 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

That 350mb might actually be what is missing and needed. Somehow my Rage never downloads all of it. Sadly I am at work today, so I will have to try tomorrow.

Same for me, around 300-400 mb of files are always missing cause the download just stops around that size

18 minutes ago, mirinda said:

Well for my part I also tried to verify the game files, everything was good but it still didn't work.
Also we'd be appreciated if you'd be able to provide a link with said files, would help a lot

If my internet did not crap itself right now (trying to upload anything causes disconnect!), tomorrow got a tech to try fix my internet, hope someone will step up to try and do it 😞

Fixed it with the help of a friend. My friend's game worked just fine so I asked him to upload his server files, which he did. After putting them into the client_resources folder Rage downloaded around 100mb before I could get ingame again.

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!AFCZQhSssr3O_7s&cid=49B7CF7CE73DA00D&id=49B7CF7CE73DA00D!38119&parId=root&action=locate

Here are the files

Nevermind, it still doesn't work. 

Edited by mirinda
On 7/21/2021 at 7:04 PM, mirinda said:

Since the update came out my game was crashing right when I was about to enter the log in screen, I was told to try and delete the server files from the client_resources folder and to re download the server files, it always stops at some point and stops downloading. I was wondering if someone please could upload said files and pass me a download link? 

A proposed fix that Rage has put out is this "If your download is never ending or your game crashes upon joining, delete your entire C:/RageMP/client_resources folder and launch the server again to re-download everything, it should fix the crash." Give it a try deleting your complete client_resources folder and not just the server files, it might be a fix for it, at least people have claimed it has helped them.

32 minutes ago, For Ever said:

A proposed fix that Rage has put out is this "If your download is never ending or your game crashes upon joining, delete your entire C:/RageMP/client_resources folder and launch the server again to re-download everything, it should fix the crash." Give it a try deleting your complete client_resources folder and not just the server files, it might be a fix for it, at least people have claimed it has helped them.

Actually that's what I meant by server files, it didn't work obv. I even had a friend sendingme his client resources folder but it still didn't work. I managed to get ingame twice today but just after 2 minutes the game crashed again, it's always this error here:
ma2AGXf.png

I tried everything and I've ran out of ideas. I've reinstalled both Rage and GTA 5 twice, tried it without mods, reinstalled Direct X and Microsoft CC, I've tried stuff cause I thought maybe Geforce Experiences intervenes somehow, I've updated my graphics card's driver, I checked the game's integrity for missing files and so on.

Sorry for double post but I'm just lost for words right now, literally not a single game works anymore ever since I got the GTA 5 update. Nothing works, even old games from around 2002 just don't work anymore for god knows what reason. I'm totally lost and I have no damn clue on how to fix this mess

• 2 weeks later...
  • dawpi locked this topic