Server files won't download completely

mirinda

Since the update came out my game was crashing right when I was about to enter the log in screen, I was told to try and delete the server files from the client_resources folder and to re download the server files, it always stops at some point and stops downloading. I was wondering if someone please could upload said files and pass me a download link? 

Attempt a fresh re-install on Rage as a whole. It should give you results. If that does not work, it might be something with your game-files themselves. Can you connect to other servers? Give it a try and see what the result is. If you can not connect to another server and it has the same issues, it should be the game. Try to, though, re-install Rage before.

• Upvote 1

I can relate to this. I even tried installing fresh new copy of Rage and putting server files in there. But it always crashes at loading the resources and despite server files already being in place, Rage attempts to download something anyway and halts it in the middle.

24 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

I can relate to this. I even tried installing fresh new copy of Rage and putting server files in there. But it always crashes at loading the resources and despite server files already being in place, Rage attempts to download something anyway and halts it in the middle.

Exactly, there's nothing I can do anymore since I've tried everything at least twice just to make sure. 

17 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

Have you tried manually downloading?

I can answer that, cause I have the same problem. I deleted the resource files and let Rage download them again, it went smooth, but when it launched the game I still got "loading resources" crash. So I deleted files again and even uninstalled Rage. I downloaded the files from the link and put them there. Rage downloaded few mega of something and launched the game. I found two folders under resources so I deleted both again and put the folder in again. Rage started downloading something again. So no matter how many times we do this, result is still the same. Rage always downloads something, stops halfway and launches the game, then it crashes. But maybe, just maybe it's caused by ransomware protection, cause I have most of my drives encrypted.

Edited by Engelbert
14 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

I can answer that, cause I have the same problem. I deleted the resource files and let Rage download them again, it went smooth, but when it launched the game I still got "loading resources" crash. So I deleted files again and even uninstalled Rage. I downloaded the files from the link and put them there. Rage downloaded few mega of something and launched the game. I found two folders under resources so I deleted both again and put the folder in again. Rage started downloading something again. So no matter how many times we do this, result is still the same. Rage always downloads something, stops halfway and launches the game, then it crashes. But maybe, just maybe it's caused by ransomware protection, cause I have most of my drives encrypted.

10 minutes ago, mirinda said:

^

Well, After manually downloading I had to download about 350mb and after that it launched. I could try to upload the updated file to mega and share a link, which might help as my folder will have all the files so no need to download.

@Engelbert, suggest you try verifying game files not RageMP.

Edited by Vash Baldeus
  • dawpi locked this topic