Hello, as one of the originators of the Airport Security concept portrayed in this thread, and the player behind Jewell, I'm disappointed to announce the shut-down of both those characters and Airport Role Play. Following discussions with server administration, it was ruled that what we do is harmful for the server and unwelcome in the community.
Ulysses and I appreciate the kind and supportive sentiments expressed both here, in-game and on discord.
Edited by arrdef
  • Upvote 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Applaud 2

A huge shame to see an interesting project like this go. I hope LFM change their mind on the recent ruling.

Ultimately, it's far too easy to play a throwaway civilian character, own sports cars, nightclubs, and expensive properties then it is to do anything meaningful. A project that harmed no one should not be met with these rulings, but should be provided with support instead. Many of the systems on the server are setup in a well-meaning way, but miss the mark when things like this happen and players who can provide well portrayed roleplay are dismissed, but roleplayers who provide the most sub-par roleplay continue to thrive, and can roleplay the way they so effortlessly, with near zero admin intervention or bureaucracy.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
26 minutes ago, arrdef said:

Hello, as one of the originators of the Airport Security concept portrayed in this thread, and the player behind Jewell, I'm disappointed to announce the shut-down of both those characters and Airport Role Play. Following discussions with server administration, it was ruled that what we do is harmful for the server and unwelcome in the community.
Ulysses and I appreciate the kind and supportive sentiments expressed both here, in-game and on discord.

Personally, I've always been a fan of your concepts and think that they're not only a breath of fresh air, but some of the highest quality roleplay to grace text-based roleplaying communities.

One big salute to Dowell, Wetmore, Jewell and many more.

o7

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Shanks locked this topic
  • Nervous unlocked and locked this topic