Amazon's New World

Chaishi

Someone recently convinced me to pick this up regardless of what I thought of the little I'd seen of the game, I'm only level 13 or so right now but I can honestly say I'm not really enjoying it, it reminds me of a few other games smashed into one but not really done that well, my opinion so far is that this game was released far too soon and is in an unfinished state, the walking distances are ridiculous, a lot of animations are subpar, having only 6 skills in total seems rather too simplistic for my liking and all builds seem rather linear with not a whole lot of room for play style. My biggest issue with the game so far is no doubt the quests, I feel like an errand girl, and while that's traditional in a lot of mmos, its not the entirety of quests, some have story fun to read and engage in, though all I've come across so far in New World is go kill x, go loot x, talk to x, its extremely boring and I hope this picks up further on, but I don't feel like it will.

I have a really hard time understanding the hype around this game, there's tons of issues with it, I'm not a big fan of the clothing, they often clip through hair or themselves. People keep telling me that the pvp is where its at... with 6 skills? I find this hard to believe. I've been switching between a couple of weapons to get the feel for some of them and healing seems very linear and outright boring, the rest of them also seem rather linear, having only 6 skills in total really makes me feel limited on what I can or rather, can't do, and I can't see how the pvp is fun with these limitations, the only somewhat exciting thing I can see in it is having the skill to dodge peoples skills.

All in all, not a great first impression, game feels like an unfinished product with little to offer to myself who has played a lot of mmos in the past.