Amazon's New World

Chaishi

8 hours ago, Aquila said:

Other than the queue times, is the game any good? Been following it for a while but so far Amazon doesn't have a good track record with games so a bit hesitant about getting it.

The game might mean the end of Runescape if the development keeps on track, it looks beautiful and the gameplay is good aswell.

On 7/25/2021 at 1:06 AM, Aquila said:

Other than the queue times, is the game any good? Been following it for a while but so far Amazon doesn't have a good track record with games so a bit hesitant about getting it.

From what I've seen, crafting is pretty fun and fight feels alive for a mmorpg. It's no fancy stuff but you actually have to have skill to fight, being able to smash some buttons doesn't mean anything in New World. Other than that, story is bare bones at this points so don't expect much. Housing system feels cool, you can buy houses from questing cities. There aren't much gear to what I've seen so far but I haven't played past 10 levels so that doesn't mean much coming from me.

8 hours ago, Van said:

From what I've seen, crafting is pretty fun and fight feels alive for a mmorpg. It's no fancy stuff but you actually have to have skill to fight, being able to smash some buttons doesn't mean anything in New World. Other than that, story is bare bones at this points so don't expect much. Housing system feels cool, you can buy houses from questing cities. There aren't much gear to what I've seen so far but I haven't played past 10 levels so that doesn't mean much coming from me.

Did the game feel P2W at all? Can houses be bought without having to spend real cash, and do they get removed if you're inactive?

Loving the game at the moment. I have played just over 15 hours on the beta and haven't got bored yet. I haven't been this gripped to an MMO since the release of GW2 & before then, the older Runescape. It really gives me the vibes of Runescape, very basic combat, not a massive skill tree and very friendly to new MMO players. Everything in the world can be turned into something that you can craft. 

I currently don't see any P2W things right now, but again, they won't really add a P2W element in a BETA, but regardless I have having fun. The whole city siege vibe & being able to help sustain a city/town really good feature. Honestly recommend it to anyone thinking about getting it, worth the money.

And being able to prone and snipe people with a Musket while laying in long grass during PVP? That was a winner for me. 😆 Your enemy running about trying to find you.