((Brb's)) during RP, Your opinions?

Annaex

hello, I was the person who went be right back ((brb)) yesterday and i wanted to explain myself. my cat used its paws to pry loose the cover to my living room extractor fan, exposing the blades. this happened to my previous cats and, without wanting to be too graphic, it guillotined itself. so you can imagine when it started happening with my 6th cat, I had to go right away. and then once I had got it down, after that my mom came down to check I wasn't roleplaying with the skinhead gangs again (she has strong views about the N word, even in an RP context which I have tried to explain to her), so I had to tab out and pretend I was just playing habbo. It won't happen again

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1

Whyyyy, what? Why is this a problem? If someone has an issue they need to take care of, they should prioritize that. There are instances when people have to actually disconnect and then you can resume roleplay at a later day. I get a lot of amazon packages, so I gotta take them, otherwise they'll send them back to the storage place. 

It makes sense to be annoyed by someone compulsively going AFK so I don't understand why most people here are acting like it's an outrageous concept. It's the same way most people would be annoyed if you were trying to play Escape from Tarkov or League of Legends with someone who kept disappearing for minutes on end over and over again. It ruins the experience of the game, even minorly, even if the constant absence is justified due to IRL circumstances. This is especially true with roleplay games like GTA World where a player is reliant on the attention of others to enjoy the game.

That said, people are allowed to do this and real life obviously takes priority. However, I completely agree that if I am going to spend two hours max online each day then I want to spend it roleplaying, not waiting for someone to respond to me over and over again. Instead of confronting them, though, I'd just avoid roleplaying with them...and anyone who I think makes roleplaying unenjoyable for that matter.

Edited by Denise
  • Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, Denise said:

It makes sense to be annoyed by someone compulsively going AFK so I don't understand why most people here are acting like it's an outrageous concept. It's the same way most people would be annoyed if you were trying to play Escape from Tarkov or League of Legends with someone who kept disappearing for minutes on end over and over again. It ruins the experience of the game, even minorly, even if the constant absence is justified due to IRL circumstances. This is especially true with roleplay games like GTA World where a player is reliant on the attention of others to enjoy the game.

That said, people are allowed to do this and real life obviously takes priority. However, I completely agree that if I am going to spend two hours max online each day then I want to spend it roleplaying, not waiting for someone to respond to me over and over again. Instead of confronting them, though, I'd just avoid roleplaying with them...and anyone who I think makes roleplaying unenjoyable for that matter.

It doesn't make sense by any means. Players should make efforts to avoid ruining other people's experience but sometimes they have more important things to handle than a game and if you're that picky to the point a player leaving their computer for five minutes makes your roleplay unenjoyable, then perhaps the issue is on you for not knowing how to actually enjoy it in the first place. 

Many people play this game for hours in a row, lose track of time and do not realize that they spent so much time playing, that they forgot they have real life matters to tend to. When they discover that the time they thought they had is now gone, which is pretty normal when you are having fun, they go AFK to do their real life stuff. You will always have these people come and go and there's nothing you can do about it. 

This is one of those things that you just have to accept that happens and move on. It's a non-issue in the grand scheme of things.

23 minutes ago, Kipps said:

hello, I was the person who went be right back ((brb)) yesterday and i wanted to explain myself. my cat used its paws to pry loose the cover to my living room extractor fan, exposing the blades. this happened to my previous cats and, without wanting to be too graphic, it guillotined itself. so you can imagine when it started happening with my 6th cat, I had to go right away. and then once I had got it down, after that my mom came down to check I wasn't roleplaying with the skinhead gangs again (she has strong views about the N word, even in an RP context which I have tried to explain to her), so I had to tab out and pretend I was just playing habbo. It won't happen again

This looks like a pretty juicy report if it took you two days to respond so, lets get in to it, shall we?

Huell mundy here, I know i was not tagged by an Admin but I was nearby when this happened (Masked, dont remember my number) and I Know Kipps pesronally because we play Roblocks together and basically he's lying and i will tell you why. Look, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out he is Metagaming and being racist on voiced chat all the time, because we do it  a lot and I know its against the rules but I ewill explain why I did not do anything wrong but y'all got the wrong idea about him y'all actin like hes a saint when in fact he's a dirty liar. I have Shadow play of what happened at the scene but i cant Upload it because i'm posting this from my Grandma's emachine in Minnesota and we are on vacation so after this I can't respond anymore and tbh i will probably not Come back to this server. Thank you for banning me if you must, its kind of a wake up call. ›

Look his faction is trash, and that's why he filed this report. I was just there because he told me if I voice Chatted with him he would give me a gun. He did not give me the gun so not only is he Lying, hes Scamming and Racist, so that's like three Rules. Basically I was not involved and I wasnet gone rob her But he made me. Check the logs. Sorry I metagamed and y'all can lock this thread.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 2
Just now, Shaderz said:

It doesn't make sense by any means. Players should make efforts to avoid ruining other people's experience but sometimes they have more important things to handle than a game and if you're that picky to the point a player leaving their computer for five minutes makes your roleplay unenjoyable, then perhaps the issue is on you for not knowing how to actually enjoy it in the first place. 

Many people play this game for hours in a row, lose track of time and do not realize that they spent so much time playing, that they forgot they have real life matters to tend to. When they discover that the time they thought they had is now gone, which is pretty normal when you are having fun, they go AFK to do their real life stuff. You will always have these people come and go and there's nothing you can do about it. 

This is one of those things that you just have to accept that happens and move on. It's a non-issue in the grand scheme of things.

The key words were "compulsively," "over and over again," and "constant absence." Neither myself nor the OP are criticizing people who go AFK for five minutes. It's when people go AFK over and over again--that is legitimately annoying no matter what game you are playing with another person. Again, this is not a far-fetched concept. No one said it wasn't a non-issue either. At most it is annoying, but it is in fact annoying.

• Thanks 1
  • Bospy locked this topic