Economy revamp [Testing phase]

11 hours ago, Strobe said:

Thank you all for testing. A pair of points to particulalry focus on as I have no feedback on these systems: 

• Money-Item interaction with safes (Depositing, Withdrawing from safes)
  • Scripted Jobs (Waste Collector, Trucking, Fishing)

Was already working on this but lacked a license last time I tested (which works, takes money from bank).

Right now it seems the trucking job withdraws from bank when you buy a crate, but when I go to sell a crate I do not get paid. This could be that the business is out of money and it's incorrectly allowing me to sell the crate when the business needs more in the bank, OR the script is not correctly paying out when you sell it even if there is money.

EDIT: FYI, truck script super buggy. Icons don't go away after you've completed a step of the shipment like picking up crates. If you /startshipment more than once after filling your crate inventory, you can create multiple delivery icons. Unsure if that's related to the payment processing. It also doesn't seem to add components to the business, but I'm unsure how to check that with admin commands.

Edited by Wisci
  • Developer
1 hour ago, Wisci said:

Was already working on this but lacked a license last time I tested (which works, takes money from bank).

Right now it seems the trucking job withdraws from bank when you buy a crate, but when I go to sell a crate I do not get paid. This could be that the business is out of money and it's incorrectly allowing me to sell the crate when the business needs more in the bank, OR the script is not correctly paying out when you sell it even if there is money.

EDIT: FYI, truck script super buggy. Icons don't go away after you've completed a step of the shipment like picking up crates. If you /startshipment more than once after filling your crate inventory, you can create multiple delivery icons. Unsure if that's related to the payment processing. It also doesn't seem to add components to the business, but I'm unsure how to check that with admin commands.

That last bit is sadly on rage's last update so it is interfering with the economy testing.

On 7/21/2021 at 12:53 PM, Strobe said:

Thank you all for testing. A pair of points to particulalry focus on as I have no feedback on these systems: 

• Money-Item interaction with safes (Depositing, Withdrawing from safes)
  • Scripted Jobs (Waste Collector, Trucking, Fishing)

Tried out driver's license, fishing, farming, garbage and a gas station /startshift so far.

• Fishing and farming both pay into bank after two full sales.
  • Garbage still pays into cash, only tried it once so far.
  • Driver's license fee paid from cash automatically, with no option to choose. Not sure if intended or not.
  • Did a full /startshift at the Strawberry gas station and the $4000 went into bank.
Edited by Augusta
  • Upvote 1

What is the plan for truckers with this? Still cash in hand payments, or will it go through the bank - I tried testing the trucking script but it appears to be bugged out on the dev server.

Edited by SteveHastingson
  • Developer
21 minutes ago, SteveHastingson said:

What is the plan for truckers with this? Still cash in hand payments, or will it go through the bank - I tried testing the trucking script but it appears to be bugged out on the dev server.

Bug occurs due to the Rage V2 Update. The trucking payment itself is by bank.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Strobe said:

Bug occurs due to the Rage V2 Update. The trucking payment itself is by bank.

What about the crate purchases? Will truckers still have to carry cash on hand to purchase crates or will that come from the bank as well? The payment received from selling the crates to a business already went into the bank in the live build as far as I know.

• Developer
56 minutes ago, Ethan_Lovelass said:

How realistic is the IRS-like faction going to be? Are members going to need to read a tax code? Will they need degrees in a field similar to accounting?

This is not about a tax faction. It's an economy revamp (a tax-faction script was included but disabled due to faction concept disagreements), any tax faction idea is on hold for now.

• Developer
2 hours ago, Augusta said:

What about the crate purchases? Will truckers still have to carry cash on hand to purchase crates or will that come from the bank as well? The payment received from selling the crates to a business already went into the bank in the live build as far as I know.

Crate purchases will be switched to the bank payments just as the payment for them is right now. Seems like they were forgotten.

Generally, any scripted job payment is to be over bank payment. However, I think I should switch day labourers such as fishers and farm helpers back to cash as these would generally not get paid out by bank IRL, in contrast to company truckers and waste disposal workers.

4 minutes ago, Strobe said:

Crate purchases will be switched to the bank payments just as the payment for them is right now. Seems like they were forgotten.

Generally, any scripted job payment is to be over bank payment. However, I think day labourers such as fishers and farm helpers will be switched to cash as these would generally not be paid out by bank IRL, in contrast to company truckers and waste disposal workers.

The part of the crate deliveries that DID kind of work for me was buying the crates, though the script seemed unable to detect when my vehicle was full and go to the next step. Payment came out of bank, when I was full it refunded bank. Far as I could tell.

EDIT: As farming is the generic new player job, I don't know if I'd recommend paying cash. My concern would be that players already 'prey' on players by hunting around looking for someone to rob. If they know new players get paid cash at farming, there's a higher chance that unfortunately they will be targeted. Even if it's made a rule, new players are likely to be unfamiliar and fail to report these occurrences. Fishing may be more avoidable as I believe there is banking between the sell point and fish point, but I feel like it'd be better left as a direct deposit.

Edited by Wisci
  • Upvote 1