Economy revamp [Testing phase]

When are using a legacy menu like the /surgery menu, selecting the 'purchase option' prompts for cash / debit, but overlaps the existing menu.

920154f1a1ff0c06e5dc5823300adf89.png

ADDITION: When in the CEF menu like the hairstyle menu, if you click the option to save (save all outfits in my case) and then back out of the menu that requests cash / bank by pressing backspace, it will apply the changes but not charge you.

Edited by Wisci

I managed to find a bug which lead to the deletion of all my hand and bank cash.

What I did:

Set myself as a member of the LSPD, and /arrestcounty'd myself for 5 minutes.

Bank was emptied, cash got set to 1k. I then did /release on myself, but the money was still gone. Tried reconnecting and jailing myself again, but the money is totally gone.

1 hour ago, stringer said:

I managed to find a bug which lead to the deletion of all my hand and bank cash.

What I did:

Bank was emptied, cash got set to 1k. I then did /release on myself, but the money was still gone. Tried reconnecting and jailing myself again, but the money is totally gone.

/forcerelease, not /release.

• Developer
19 hours ago, stringer said:

What I did:

Thanks for finding out, your money will be auto-refunded after the fix deploy as it is logged and stored for such cases!

• Upvote 1
  • Developer
23 hours ago, Wisci said:

When are using a legacy menu like the /surgery menu, selecting the 'purchase option' prompts for cash / debit, but overlaps the existing menu.

920154f1a1ff0c06e5dc5823300adf89.png

ADDITION: When in the CEF menu like the hairstyle menu, if you click the option to save (save all outfits in my case) and then back out of the menu that requests cash / bank by pressing backspace, it will apply the changes but not charge you.

Both issues fixed. Thank you for testing.

• Developer

Thank you all for testing. A pair of points to particulalry focus on as I have no feedback on these systems: 

• Money-Item interaction with safes (Depositing, Withdrawing from safes)
  • Scripted Jobs (Waste Collector, Trucking, Fishing)

Since the test server didn't have server data of pre-existing safes (or at least didn't let me tp to mine), I don't know how the update handled converting any cash people have already stashed in their safes, into the new physical cash.

This could pose a problem if they had too much cash to properly fit in any remaining inventory space in the safe.

but I did find this:
/safedeposit & /safewithdraw are still commands, but they don't work though since you have to /spitem with the cash.

Taking money from the safe via the menu only lets you remove 0 or 1, and 1 withdraws all of it but that could be intentional so you don't have to tap 10,000 times.

The hourly paycheck printout only tells you the paycheck, how much it taxed you for it, the total, and nothing else.

It didn't say if it taxed you for your overall assets or how much that is, like the current system that sums up your cars, property mp value (but not the furniture cost), any cash in properties, but not cash in safes.

Will the new system only tax paycheck income and not count dirty cash?

Edited by Havana
  • Developer
1 hour ago, Havana said:

Since the test server didn't have server data of pre-existing safes (or at least didn't let me tp to mine), I don't know how the update handled converting any cash people have already stashed in their safes, into the new physical cash.

This could pose a problem if they had too much cash to properly fit in any remaining inventory space in the safe.

but I did find this:
/safedeposit & /safewithdraw are still commands, but they don't work though since you have to /spitem with the cash.

Taking money from the safe via the menu only lets you remove 0 or 1, and 1 withdraws all of it but that could be intentional so you don't have to tap 10,000 times.

The hourly paycheck printout only tells you the paycheck, how much it taxed you for it, the total, and nothing else.

It didn't say if it taxed you for your overall assets or how much that is, like the current system that sums up your cars, property mp value (but not the furniture cost), any cash in properties, but not cash in safes.

Will the new system only tax paycheck income and not count dirty cash?

Asset taxing is removed. It taxes all your clean and legal income now which  goes through banking. That also means that b-join is taxed as well. Each taxing is done on an individual base, it is not generally taxing any money income. Currently all scripted jobs, bjoins and factions that have no "EXEMPT" tag have their paychecks taxed.

As for the existing cash concern: should there be any amount left inside the safe it converts it once you withdraw it, depositing just places your money item inside of it. So it can be converted to an item for as long as the safe would have the old money inside of it by the metadata of the safe.  The conversion happens once withdraw is requested and the safe's old money-field has a sum larger than 0, with the downside that current old cash inside the safe theoretically has no weight to it unless interacted with.

• Thanks 1