/afk, /isafk

RoadTrain_

Short description: Let us go afk via command.

Detailed description: I doubt I speak for myself when I say that real life can be a right pain in the backside, and sometimes that means you've gotta hop off the PC for a few minutes (or maybe more) to do something, but you'd rather not leave the game just for that. This is why I'm suggesting to add a command to set our status as being afk. Literally, just make some text hover above us like the 'typing' box which says '[afk]', maybe allow us to set a reason as well. The command would freeze your character and render you completely immune to damage. If at all possible, perhaps add no collide to them as well for those awkward times where someone decides to AFK in the spot where you've parked your car. People who are AFK should be considered as 'not there' and others can't wait for them to return or engage in roleplay with them whilst they are AFK. Of course this does open up the ability to exploit the command but the staff team exists for a reason and it's not like it is very hard to capture evidence of this being abused. One precaution that should be taken is that one should not be allowed to /afk if they're driving a vehicle and are currently moving.

Commands to add: /afk [reason], /isafk [id] (returns you if someone is afk and how long they have been afk for, /back(alternatively you could use /afk again for this, removes the 'afk' effects)

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server? I believe it'll get rid of a lot of annoyance caused by people AFK'ing out in public, which is helpful.

Additional information:

Hi! Common courtesy rules state you need to be roleplaying at all times.

We all understand that someone needs to go AFK for a quick few minutes - this happens. 

Usually, speaking in /b and saying you need a couple minutes is okay as it alerts everyone else around you.

If you are alone, and in public or even in your property (as you can be robbed) you should /changechar and then come back in game afterwards. 

I am L&Aing this thread.

• Wuhtah locked this topic