Make walk-styles available as a one-time purchase

TinPan

Short description:
Just as the title says.

Detailed description:
Alter walk-styles being only available through a user specifically buying the Gold and Platinum memberships, instead making them available as a standalone purchase that is permanently provided to a character slot upon it's purchase; with no monthly recurring costs added on whatsoever.

Commands to add:
N/A

Items to add:
N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server?
There are plenty of people, myself included; who play characters on the server who's overall demeanor and characteristics are enormously emphasized through the ability to change walk-styles. It's pretty much an essential thing to have for those who play obese individuals since the charismatic default swagger of a skinny man doesn't exactly suit someone looking to play a fat-dude who's missing his chin; same goes for those playing individuals from street gangs looking to walk slow or those playing angry/tempermental people that walk whilst looking like they're about to literally stab whoever talks to them. Walk styles add a lot to people's characters when it come's to physical portrayal, and when in large numbers; add a huge amount of visual variety when spotting people walking around on the server in public or indoors.

Problem is, I myself and plenty of other's struggle to justify paying over €15/$18 a month just so that you can change how your character walks. It's something that all things considered is a very minor benefit compared to everything else that is offered through the Gold and Platinum memberships, yet for whatever reason; walk styles have been locked behind this considerably sizable monthly payment that not a lot of people are willing or wanting to pay just so that they can have their character walk in a certain kind of way on the server.

Permanent clothing slots and permanent furniture slots are available for purchase to be added to a character, so why can't walk styles also be made permanent for characters?

There are a ton of players who I'm sure would be more than happy to pay 75-100 world points in order to let their character walk how they would like them to walk versus having to constantly justify spending a sizable amount of money monthly for purely being able to change the way that a character walks on their screen for themselves and others. You'd not only see an increase in the number of purchases from those looking to get their hands on a permanent walk style, but you'd also see it relfected on the server through legitimate variety in the number of character's who walk differently from one-another versus everyone walking the exact same way.

Additional information:
There is literally nothing to lose from implementing this. More money will be made and a wider character variety will be reflected as a result of the purchases on the server.

• Upvote 1

We'd probably have to argue a little about the price, but my god please yes give me this. Of all the features that're in the donator packs this is genuinely the only one I'm interested in, and I would happily spend my limited fund of WP on the ability to have nicer walk styles.

I support this, or having it so that your donation applies across all your characters, its a shame that you can't do certain things you may want to on your alts like advertising or walk styles even though you do donate monthly, and many people aren't able to purchase multiple packages per month on multiple characters.

• Wuhtah locked this topic