Disallow the useage of RENTAL cars for commiting crime.

I wouldn't mind it if you could track the owner of the rental, which realistically you should be able to. But when all Rental cars have 'RENTAL' as their plates, LEOs can't pursue an investigation in any way.

So either make it possible to track criminals using their abandoned rental, or disallow them from crime. But as it currently works, the RENTALs are the peak strategy for crime and that's silly.

I agree. As long as you can't know who rented what car at what time (and you wouldn't be able to do that unless the rental system were to be much more complex, assign each car individual plates and keep a log - which would be useless, for this one purpose), you shouldn't be able to use this as a loophole in order to not get caught.

If you're role-playing a criminal and want to use a vehicle for some illicit activity, steal one. It's simple. It's also somewhat trackable.

23 minutes ago, GambloTwitch said:

Rentable cars should be rented using ID or fake ID. Every car should be linked to a person.

That would be an extremely complicated rental system for something that doesn't even happen in real life. You'd need the rental company to be an actual company, you'd need a specific number of vehicles that would have unique plates and each of them would have its own log and history of who rented it, when, from where to where, any damages, for how long etc. All of that to facilitate some people using them to commit some sort of crime.

It might happen but it's got to be extremely rare. If a criminal wants to rob a bank or a store, or wants to do a drive-by, the last thing they'll do is find a rental place, get a fake ID, get a disguise (as they almost always have CCTV), then do the thing and later return the car etc. when they could just steal a random car. Rental cars should simply be restricted from being used in crime.

11 minutes ago, Mahitto said:

That would be an extremely complicated rental system for something that doesn't even happen in real life. You'd need the rental company to be an actual company, you'd need a specific number of vehicles that would have unique plates and each of them would have its own log and history of who rented it, when, from where to where, any damages, for how long etc. All of that to facilitate some people using them to commit some sort of crime.

It might happen but it's got to be extremely rare. If a criminal wants to rob a bank or a store, or wants to do a drive-by, the last thing they'll do is find a rental place, get a fake ID, get a disguise (as they almost always have CCTV), then do the thing and later return the car etc. when they could just steal a random car. Rental cars should simply be restricted from being used in crime.

I believe you don’t have much experience in IRL crime.

Just google about it. Rental vehicles are used a lot for crimes.

2 minutes ago, GambloTwitch said:

I believe you don’t have much experience in IRL crime.

Just google about it. Rental vehicles are used a lot for crimes.

I really hope not a lot of people around here do have experience in real-life crime.

From a quick Google search, I found this - https://www.quora.com/Do-rental-cars-often-get-used-for-criminal-activity. This is not to say that rental vehicles are not used in crime, but it's the exception rather than the rule. The amount of work the devs would have to put in to facilitate such an exception would definitely not be worth the outcome. As it currently stands, the system is anything but realistic.

Of course it happens. There are recorded cases of people calling the police to ask where to get drugs from, or how much they cost on the street. That doesn't mean it's normal or realistic though. As a general rule, from what I've seen, we're trying to go by the rule, not the exception.

Recently I was killed during a sit like this, person claims they "stole" a rental.. Which, we all know.. Is walking up and pressing L and then Y.. So here is a totally "perfect" crime.

gloves.

mask.

stolen gun (assuming) and two dead cops.

https://streamable.com/zp50fu

I'm not mad, I am annoyed that all it takes is a crappy rental you find parked up to get away with a crime like that and there is 0 investigative leads.. and this isn't considered a rp quality issue? I took homie 5 seconds, after being stopped cause his driving, to murk the two of us without anything, no me, no do, no warning, just shot and got back in his "stolen car" and drove off.. And there is nothing no one can do about it. 

His view keeps making way to my discord.. same thing. 

https://streamable.com/zju78n

Edited by cryybabyycryy