Disallow the useage of RENTAL cars for commiting crime.

3 minutes ago, cryybabyycryy said:

Recently I was killed during a sit like this, person claims they "stole" a rental.. Which, we all know.. Is walking up and pressing L and then Y.. So here is a totally "perfect" crime.

gloves.

mask.

stolen gun (assuming) and two dead cops.

https://streamable.com/zp50fu

I'm not mad, I am annoyed that all it takes is a crappy rental you find parked up to get away with a crime like that and there is 0 investigative leads.. and this isn't considered a rp quality issue? I took homie 5 seconds, after being stopped cause his driving, two murk the two of us without anything.. And there is nothing no one can do about it. 

Did they ever give a reason to gun down two cops? 

4 hours ago, Mitch said:

Did they ever give a reason to gun down two cops? 

Unknown to myself and my partner they committed a murder beforehand. 

Regardless the murder and the death of me and the other deputy happened in a rental.. Being it was done in this and most likely ditched without a trace in a city of rental taxis.. Nothing could be done. As I coulda maybe reported the player, as I think the lack of rp was lackluster and the use of a rental was script abuse.. I can't blame him for using one, they are available, easy to acquire and guarantee they would get away with the crime. The bigger issue is that the server allows this, that is where I would like to see change. 

With the lease system I think rentals need to be removed all together so a traceable plate system is in effect for ALL registered vehicles.

TL:DR, even with a LSSD air unit up looking for the car, there is no way to specify which rental taxi was the one that had dude in it, as one unit reported seeing 6 rental taxis in one area. So with dashcam and a air unit up, it still is impossible to at all investigate two counts of capital murder.

Edited by cryybabyycryy
10 hours ago, cryybabyycryy said:

Unknown to myself and my partner they committed a murder beforehand. 

Regardless the murder and the death of me and the other deputy happened in a rental.. Being it was done in this and most likely ditched without a trace in a city of rental taxis.. Nothing could be done. As I coulda maybe reported the player, as I think the lack of rp was lackluster and the use of a rental was script abuse.. I can't blame him for using one, they are available, easy to acquire and guarantee they would get away with the crime. The bigger issue is that the server allows this, that is where I would like to see change. 

With the lease system I think rentals need to be removed all together so a traceable plate system is in effect for ALL registered vehicles.

TL:DR, even with a LSSD air unit up looking for the car, there is no way to specify which rental taxi was the one that had dude in it, as one unit reported seeing 6 rental taxis in one area. So with dashcam and a air unit up, it still is impossible to at all investigate two counts of capital murder.

Hence my suggestion to either put a rule to prevent usage or add that who ever enters the car last as driver is registered as last person who leased it and have that data reflect in MDC. But making that system might be complex, so banning using those altogether is more reasonable.

On 10/27/2021 at 3:47 PM, cryybabyycryy said:

Recently I was killed during a sit like this, person claims they "stole" a rental.. Which, we all know.. Is walking up and pressing L and then Y.. So here is a totally "perfect" crime.

gloves.

mask.

stolen gun (assuming) and two dead cops.

https://streamable.com/zp50fu

I'm not mad, I am annoyed that all it takes is a crappy rental you find parked up to get away with a crime like that and there is 0 investigative leads.. and this isn't considered a rp quality issue? I took homie 5 seconds, after being stopped cause his driving, to murk the two of us without anything, no me, no do, no warning, just shot and got back in his "stolen car" and drove off.. And there is nothing no one can do about it. 

His view keeps making way to my discord.. same thing. 

https://streamable.com/zju78n

Peak roleplay right there. Agreed, every vehicle rented or not, should be traceable to its owner. Otherwise, crimes shouldn't be allowed while driving a rental. 

Edited by ENDREAS
  • Applaud 1
1 minute ago, Dunc said:

Easy to get a rental IRL with a fake/stolen ID.

Working in the security profession, I can safely say, it is very much not easy to steal a rental.

Feel free to cite a rental business in the California area that says plainly that they do not require some form of valid insurance and/or credit/debit card to rent their vehicles.

14 hours ago, Dunc said:

Easy to get a rental IRL with a fake/stolen ID.

Not exactly. As someone pointed out, you would have to go there yourself, so you'd appear on their CCTV. Also, who would go the trouble of faking an ID just so they could rent a car under a fake name? If you steal an ID, you'll have a different picture on the ID. You'd also have to pay, usually by card. So you'd need to establish an entirely different, complex fake identity just so you could rent a car under a fake name. No one's doing that on GTA World - they just press Y -> rent then go and plow through the opps.

There are procedures in place to prevent this exact thing for happening. We're looking to balance things out OOCly on GTA World, but no real car rental company wants to give a chance to the criminals.

100% agree, people are citing the use of fake IDs, which could be interesting, but in that case you're going to have to actually go through the RP process of creating a fake ID, and with the banking system in place you'll have to use other means to rent your car through RP, like an account under a fake name (the payment form and the name on the card is what matters when renting a car, the ID is just mostly for name and age verification). Saying you have a fake ID or a fraudulent credit card you haven't RPed acquiring is powergaming.

Who knows, it might even be a business model for shady characters to have a cheap fleet of cars to rent to people with very lax background checks or allowing cash payments. Just saying.